Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcadam

Crewe

How bizarre. On the Train Line all the Virgin Trains are £28.30 for a return and it's the London Midland that are the cheap ones. Are yours advance singles or an off-peak/super off-peak return?

Advance single. £5 each way.

This is probably why it is cheap? I don't know, don't know about trains or train times as I don't use them too much, all I know or think is I have a good deal!

I live near Nuneaton but was under the impression most of the trains had been replaced by busses, I will have another look.

My mum said this and thought I would have to get a bus to Rugby or something (Which surely meant I would pass through Nuneaton to get to Crewe anyway? Would I not?) but I checked when buying my tickets and the bloke said it would be a train from Nuneaton.

Advance single. £5 each way.

This is probably why it is cheap? I don't know, don't know about trains or train times as I don't use them too much, all I know or think is I have a good deal!

Ah, that explains it. Because they're Advance singles you have to get on those trains. If you miss those trains you'll have to buy a new single on the day which'll cost you about £28. A normal Virgin Trains return costs about £30 from Nuneaton to Crewe, but you can go on any train on that. The London Midland one for £10 means you can go on any of the specified Super Off-Peak trains (which take about an hour and twenty minutes and stop everywhere). So in conclusion make sure you don't miss your trains :thumbup:

Good Lord I sound like SUAS. I've spent far too much time on trains this season.

Ah, that explains it. Because they're Advance singles you have to get on those trains. If you miss those trains you'll have to buy a new single on the day which'll cost you about £28. A normal Virgin Trains return costs about £30 from Nuneaton to Crewe, but you can go on any train on that. The London Midland one for £10 means you can go on any of the specified Super Off-Peak trains (which take about an hour and twenty minutes and stop everywhere). So in conclusion make sure you don't miss your trains :thumbup:

Good Lord I sound like SUAS. I've spent far too much time on trains this season.

Haha! Ok maybe I fooked up a little bit that I am set to 1 train then, and should have gone for the longer journey, but the bloke at the train station made out that was going to cost more anyway!

Oh well, still cheap, give me time to drink before and after I spose :thumbup:

I think the bloke said the tickets are non refundable either so couldn't change the tickets to get the longer journey but go and come back at any time, Oh well, not to worry, unless I miss the trains :unsure:

Smuts, Stez, Katy, Scoweh and Cobbo shall be attending.

Oh yes.

Hero!

This ain't looking good :(

:(

So are you two going on the train for this or have you not decided yet?

Grrrr, two people said I could 'borrow' a P3 off 'em, and now they both appear to have gone AWOL. Hmmph. :angry::whistle:

Dear Ticket Office,

Where is my fucking ticket?

Love, etc.

PS, and where's AoWW's Scunny ticket got to too? :glare:

Grrrr, two people said I could 'borrow' a P3 off 'em, and now they both appear to have gone AWOL. Hmmph. :angry::whistle:

PS, and where's AoWW's Scunny ticket got to too? :glare:

Looks like you'll be picking it up from the White Trailer then!

£30? :crylaugh:

£10 return matey :thumbup:

That is from Nuneaton though and I have set time (10.30am there, 7.30pm back I think are the times), if I bought a open return that would cost more but tbh even if I did wanna go and come back at different times aslong as I used to right trains i'm sure i'd get away with it, it would be the same price so not asif i'm getting away with not paying a higher fare.

If you get the 11:16 from Nuneaton and return on the 18:33 it's £10 return without a railcard where as the rest are £28.30. Just do that and get a return to Nuneaton for £7.90. Have a look on the Train Line. If you have a rail card it's even cheaper. I believe Matt lives in nuneaton so he's laughing all the way to the bank.

tanks very much fellas, you're stars :thumbup:

Looks like you'll be picking it up from the White Trailer then!

I don't have a problem with that - thing is I'll only dare leave it till Thurs at the latest before having to ring the ticket office and go through the whole "ticket hasn't arrived in the post... blah blah... can you sort a duplicate... can I collect it?" malarkey.

Despite being priority 3 we managed to get ours today, my dad went in the morning in hope that the woman at the office wouldn't ask what his priority was, and she didn't, purely because everyone in the ticket office was in there getting S****horpe tickets so she probably completely forgot about Prioritys for Crewe, either way row B :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Despite being priority 3 we managed to get ours today, my dad went in the morning in hope that the woman at the office wouldn't ask what his priority was, and she didn't, purely because everyone in the ticket office was in there getting S****horpe tickets so she probably completely forgot about Prioritys for Crewe, either way row B :scarf::scarf::scarf:

:ermm:

Lucky you and well done, i rang up and asked for 5 tickets, 3 are priority 2 and 2 are priority 3, and the last few games ive got them on priority 2 day without any problems, but the woman on the phone took all 5 reference numbers and said 2 of them are priority 3 so we can only have 3 tickets.

I asked for tickets as close to the front as possible and she said row J is the nearest to the front aswell, and i rang up at 9am and got through about 925am

She said she didnt think there will be any left for priority 3 and i pretty much begged with her but she wasnt budging, which is fair enough.

At least next season we will all be priority 1 so shouldnt have any problems getting tickets. I really hope when i finally get through on the phone tomorrow that i can get 2 more tickets

Lucky you and well done, i rang up and asked for 5 tickets, 3 are priority 2 and 2 are priority 3, and the last few games ive got them on priority 2 day without any problems, but the woman on the phone took all 5 reference numbers and said 2 of them are priority 3 so we can only have 3 tickets.

I asked for tickets as close to the front as possible and she said row J is the nearest to the front aswell, and i rang up at 9am and got through about 925amShe said she didnt think there will be any left for priority 3 and i pretty much begged with her but she wasnt budging, which is fair enough.

At least next season we will all be priority 1 so shouldnt have any problems getting tickets. I really hope when i finally get through on the phone tomorrow that i can get 2 more tickets

Yet we got ours at dinner and are on row B lol

gonna go down really early tommorow morning to try and get tickets for this. Havnt been to an away game since MK Dons due to working Saturdays. hope they still have some left lol it'll be a right mission if I don't manage to get them.

I'll be livid if i don't get any. Two emails, no reply. I just hope they've put it aside or something.

I'll try ringing again tomorrow at 9, but i expect the phonelines will be jammed full of our part-time pillocks wanting tickets for the Scunny game :(

I'll be livid if i don't get any. Two emails, no reply. I just hope they've put it aside or something.

I'll try ringing again tomorrow at 9, but i expect the phonelines will be jammed full of our part-time pillocks wanting tickets for the Scunny game :(

what priority are you?

Archived