Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

1 hour ago, separator said:

Each train company will have a different way of calculating compensation. The ticket type you travelled on also affects the amount... eg.. a season ticket holder will get more compo compared to someone with an advance ticket or a ticket bought on the day,.You're going to have to read the T&C's unfortunately.

Also the reason for delay may affect compo as some will be down to the train company (train breaks down, staff shortage) or Network Rail (signal failures, track problems)... 

Appreciate the reply, I know different factors can come into it but a.) their T&C's stated that a half refund would be standard in case of cancellation and b.) they have reasoned that the delay was between 15-29 minutes which is simply wrong, as multiple trains did not show up. It's not lots of money but I feel they're not living up to their rules atm. 

30 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Appreciate the reply, I know different factors can come into it but a.) their T&C's stated that a half refund would be standard in case of cancellation and b.) they have reasoned that the delay was between 15-29 minutes which is simply wrong, as multiple trains did not show up. It's not lots of money but I feel they're not living up to their rules atm. 

Southern are infamous for non-stopping trains at stations if its running late, so it may end up leaving its starting point at the right time and ending up at its final destination in the time span they're telling you. but not actually stopping where it should. Also all the strikes they've had recently they were may have been running a special timetable. They're basically a shit company.

11 hours ago, potter3 said:

Yes, but it will affect your speedo accuracy since you are effectively reducing the diameter of your wheels.

I see. Does that mean it will also affect the things that need the wheel speed sensors such as ABS, traction control, cruise control as, on my car, if the sensors are affected or detect a fault on any of these then they all stop working.

46 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I see. Does that mean it will also affect the things that need the wheel speed sensors such as ABS, traction control, cruise control as, on my car, if the sensors are affected or detect a fault on any of these then they all stop working.

ambulance2.jpg.262e269093a28d61fb8c3bee37b19f4a.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Possibly, you'd probably get a better answer on an owners club forum. Why are you after lower profile tyres anyway?

A man who crashed into the front of a village pub, yards from drinkers in the beer garden, has never passed his driving test.

Tarrell Shepherd (21) was driving in Station Road, Glenfield, at 4.26pm on Saturday, June 17, when he lost control of the vehicle, after making off at speed from the police.

Scene of an incident in Glenfield where a car crashed into the Nags Head Pub (Image: Craig Thorpe)

The vehicle collided with concrete bollards outside the Nags Head, and spun into the car park.

Leicester Crown Court was told it was “quite frankly a miracle” that nobody was killed or seriously injured in the crash.

READ MORE

Shepherd fled from the scene, but was captured after householders saw him hiding in their garden and alerted police.

The court was told Shepherd had a “bad record”, with 21 offences, including five separate convictions for robbery.

The crash outside the pub was caught on the pub’s CCTV system.

Shepherd, of Welford Road, Leicester, admitted driving a Peugeot dangerously.

He was jailed for a total of 22 months.

Scene of an incident in Glenfield where a car crashed into the Nags Head Pub (Image: Craig Thorpe)

Shepherd, who, the court was told, has never passed a driving test, was also banned from driving for 22 months.

Am I misunderstanding this but I see it so often where the driving ban matches the sentences, what's the point he can't drive in jail and surely his offence should warrant something like a 5 year ban?

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Am I misunderstanding this but I see it so often where the driving ban matches the sentences, what's the point he can't drive in jail and surely his offence should warrant something like a 5 year ban?

Also he has no licence so he shouldn't be driving anyway, so what use is a ban! I get it also means he can't learn, but let's be honest it's a pointless punishment.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Also he has no licence so he shouldn't be driving anyway, so what use is a ban! I get it also means he can't learn, but let's be honest it's a pointless punishment.

Well I can just about understand it might be a legal technicality  but that just means there's no actually driving punishment element to the sentence.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well I can just about understand it might be a legal technicality  but that just means there's no actually driving punishment element to the sentence.

He's got the 22 months incarceration for the offence and its aggravating features but there also needs to be something to tie up the driving element. When he gets out of prison I would think they want a couple of things to be possible and that's that he can learn to drive legally when his licence period has ended - though the ban will kill his insurance premium. The two elements will run concurrently but a ban will mean that if he is released at say the mid point of his sentence he must reside in the community on licence and if the police catch him in a car he can re-called immediately and sent back and then sentenced again for the new offence. Its basically designed to protect the public from his driving and give him the chance to demonstrate he can reside on licence in the community and not drive vehicles illegally and is a kinda restriction of his offending liberty as now if he gets caught he goes back in straight the way.

Guest MattP

If Leicester aren't playing I'm usually walking out the Nags about that time on a Saturday, it still terrifies me watching the video, wouldn't have stood a chance 

Googling the blokes name and seeing what he has already done I'm astonished he was already out. He only cut someone's throat a couple of years ago.

I've no doubt after this sentence he'll be soon ruining another innocent persons life. Sad.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He's got the 22 months incarceration for the offence and its aggravating features but there also needs to be something to tie up the driving element. When he gets out of prison I would think they want a couple of things to be possible and that's that he can learn to drive legally when his licence period has ended - though the ban will kill his insurance premium. The two elements will run concurrently but a ban will mean that if he is released at say the mid point of his sentence he must reside in the community on licence and if the police catch him in a car he can re-called immediately and sent back and then sentenced again for the new offence. Its basically designed to protect the public from his driving and give him the chance to demonstrate he can reside on licence in the community and not drive vehicles illegally and is a kinda restriction of his offending liberty as now if he gets caught he goes back in straight the way.

I understand but for me there should be a definite period after his sentence when he is banned from any form of driving. 

I think once you have served your sentence which will be after that period ends the idea is as a young man he gets the opportunity to turn it around as if you ban him forever he's likely to re-offend.

Dangerous driving carries a 2 year sentence a 1 year minimum ban and an obligatory re-test and 3-11 points added. As he has no licence you can't add points or demand the re-test so he gets a straight two year ban which I would note is the minimum ban for causing death by dangerous driving. It ties his sentence up nicely from a judges point of view as he is forced to reside on license in the community without re-offending but gives him the opportune its to work and pass a test legally when his sentence finishes.

I see your point though!

1 hour ago, MattP said:

If Leicester aren't playing I'm usually walking out the Nags about that time on a Saturday, it still terrifies me watching the video, wouldn't have stood a chance 

Googling the blokes name and seeing what he has already done I'm astonished he was already out. He only cut someone's throat a couple of years ago.

I've no doubt after this sentence he'll be soon ruining another innocent persons life. Sad.

Agree. Hasn't been handled well.

Been in The Nag's Head a couple of times but prefer The Forge up the road personally.

The latter is less scruffy and more laid back.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

No doubt he will come straight out of prison and re-offend again. 

21 previous convictions 5 for the same offence he obviously never learnt his lesson. 

My girlfriend sometimes walks down there to the butchers with my 10 month old son in his pram. They wouldn't have stood a chance if he had ploughed into them. 

A waste of oxygen who should be locked up for years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Is Thracian banned after the controversial comment made in the Brighton thread? :unsure:

I haven't seen him post since, so I'd imagine it's a big fat 'yes'

• Like 1

If he has a 22 month sentence he could be out in much less but still be banned from driving. 

Tbh cvnts who drive like that should get lifetime bans though. 

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I haven't seen him post since, so I'd imagine it's a big fat 'yes'

without repeating what he said, what was he getting at as i didn't see it and now i want to know!