Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, separator said:

Part of a cannabis leaf? They're a Dutch firm based in Amsterdam after all

I thought they were Danish, the mystery grows and grows. 

How necessary is it to get your eyes tested on a yearly basis?

I've just had a call from Optical Express (who I got my current glasses from) to say I'm due a test and to book me in for an appointment, but when I asked her if it was necessary and what it would cost (and told her I was having no difficulties with my vision) she said that it was "highly recommended" and that it would cost me £20 or be free with the purchase of a new pair of glasses. I told her I'd call my local branch to arrange an eye test when I was ready to do so.  Am I right in thinking this is more of a marketing strategy than anything else?

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

How necessary is it to get your eyes tested on a yearly basis?

I've just had a call from Optical Express (who I got my current glasses from) to say I'm due a test and to book me in for an appointment, but when I asked her if it was necessary and what it would cost (and told her I was having no difficulties with my vision) she said that it was "highly recommended" and that it would cost me £20 or be free with the purchase of a new pair of glasses. I told her I'd call my local branch to arrange an eye test when I was ready to do so.  Am I right in thinking this is more of a marketing strategy than anything else?

I'm currently on a two year frequency because my prescription hasn't changed much in recent times.  There have been times where my vision was changing more rapidly and I was on a 12 month review.

Any small change in your prescription is an opportunity for the optician to sell you new frames as it is not very cost efficient to just replace the lenses these days.  The other side of the coin is that your vision can change without you noticing it which places a strain on your eyes.

I tend to get an eye test when recommended and then decide for myself if I need to invest in new specs based on the prescription change.

Is it normal to have increased an anxiety-feeling whilst unemployed?

Noticed that I feel more irritable than normal due to the worry of what the future may bring.

Am on tablets for sleep currently but don't intend to have more 'chill pills' during an uncertain period.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I have an account with virgin money and the account has got money in it that I want to transfer to my other account with TSB. 

However, i don’t have online banking with Virgin and I lost my card while here in barcelona so they won’t send me a new one. Is there any site/app to transfer the money from? When I had my card I was using an app called circlepay to transfer but it has to be sent from a card not a bank account. 

On 9/24/2017 at 10:23, seanfox778 said:

Is the Spar logo a tree or an arrow?

49BF7E1C-D64E-4DD7-A519-B0E6C1296294.png

On 9/24/2017 at 22:18, The Doctor said:

A really worn out travel pillow.

de Spar translates as "Fir tree" ..   so you are right ...     it is indeed a really worn out travel pillow.   :blink:

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

does everywhere in england get the same adverts? 

That’s an interesting question scouse.

I’m sure ITV adverts are different by targeted region but I don’t know about other commercial channels.

I’m sure there must be a marketing guru on here who will know :D

On 07/10/2017 at 10:18, bovril said:

Completely mystery standing order credited to my account with no information next to it at all. Has this happened to anybody? I guess it's just someone making a mistake somewhere.

Ask your bank where it came from. If it is an error, it still isn't yours though and you'll have it taken off you. There was a story about someone getting millions by accident and they had it taken away. They made a few grand in interest though and got to keep that.

On 30/09/2017 at 15:06, Wymeswold fox said:

Noticed that I feel more irritable than normal due to the worry of what the future may bring.

Am on tablets for sleep currently but don't intend to have more 'chill pills' during an uncertain period.

Whether it's normal I'm not so sure, but it is something I have experienced a few months ago. I was constantly checking my phone and emails, I was getting so caught up in job applications I was meticulously going over every little detail. My girlfriend and parents commented on how I seemed more on edge and were constantly reassuring me. I didn't notice as such until I was offered a position and the feeling that came over me felt as though a huge weight was off my shoulders. Hope you have or get something soon.

On 30/09/2017 at 15:06, Wymeswold fox said:

I would say so, stress and anxiety about an uncertain future is perfectly reasonable. I had the same feelings two years ago when job hunting and 18 months when I was temporarily made redundant and moved into a temp contract.

35 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

According to my online banking I've been charged twice for the same Uber journey, is this easy to solve?

loads of opinions on uber but one thing I’ve always found they are ace on is complaints, so just tell them and they’ll sort it. 

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

Ask your bank where it came from. If it is an error, it still isn't yours though and you'll have it taken off you. There was a story about someone getting millions by accident and they had it taken away. They made a few grand in interest though and got to keep that.

Turns out it's mine wahey good times