Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

10 hours ago, Royston. said:

How does one go about re-homing their cat?

Nobody i know will take him.

The authorities, RSPCA etc arent interested unless the cat is stray or ill.

Landlord is forcing me to give him up as apparently there is a no pets rule.

Sack, bricks and canal is no option as i actually love the little bastard.

Have you tried listings sites like gumtree, preloved etc.?

58 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Drank in 6 microbrewery's in Tampa last night, best beer I had was juice loose by Beer Bus Brewing company

Cool. 

Whats the question? 

lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in Seville in a couple of weeks and there is a Real Betis at home v Huesca…

kick off not defined yet

can my mates and I just rock up and buy tickets?  What’s the best way of doing it?  Would rather get them in advance though 

Edited by Wolfox

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I’m in Seville in a couple of weeks and there is a Real Betis at home v Huesca…

kick off not defined yet

can me and my mates just rock up and buy tickets?  What’s the best way of doing it?  Would rather get them in advance though 

https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/Spanish-Premier-League/Real-Betis-Tickets/E-2947685

https://www.footballticketnet.com/spanish-la-liga/real-betis-vs-huesca

https://www.stubhub.ie/real-betis-fc-tickets-sevilla-estadio-benito-villamarin-5-12-2019/event/103717110/?sort=price+asc

The third link is showing a stadium map of where tickets are still available.

You can also buy online from the club website:

https://www.realbetisbalompie.es/

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Thanks for all the information Bruce - appreciated 

They’re all quoting £80+ a ticket…. Surely that’s more expensive than a standard ticket at the ground?

cant work out the online purchase direct with the club…

Edited by Wolfox

Just now, Wolfox said:

They’re all quoting £80+ a ticket…. Surely that’s more expensive than a standard ticket at the ground?

I have no actual knowledge of this but I'd guess you pay extra by going through a ticketing agency.

Have you tried the club site? It can be displayed in English.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I have no actual knowledge of this but I'd guess you pay extra by going through a ticketing agency.

Have you tried the club site? It can be displayed in English.

I may have to do this on a PC as I can only get it in Spanish and can’t quite follow it :-(

Just now, Wolfox said:

I may have to do this on a PC as I can only get it in Spanish and can’t quite follow it :-(

Probably a good idea.

There is a symbol showing the Spanish flag in the top right-hand corner - it's a drop-down menu that will show the Union flag for the English version of the site; alternatively, when you Google the site, there is the option of viewing it in a Google English translation.

If none of that works, you could try asking @Alf Bentley really, really nicely if he would help you (he is fluent in Spanish).

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I've just taken a look at the ticket office on the site (in English) and they are only listing tickets for the next game ( RCD Espanol) so you may have to do it nearer the time.

The good news is that tickets are priced from 50 Euros.

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

I've just taken a look at the ticket office on the site (in English) and they are only listing tickets for the next game ( RCD Espanol) so you may have to do it nearer the time.

The good news is that tickets are priced from 50 Euros.

Yep…. Some more digging revealed the same…. I tried going to check out and they require NIF (Spanish ID number)

assume me I use our passport details?

i’ll keep an eye on the site and buy it direct…

saved me a few bob!

thanks again for being so helpful - appreciated! 

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m guessing a bit but I would say a more powerful explosion for your pistons. On the right set up, it would increase performance.

The right set up being Sebastian vettells ferrari and not Joeys Renault Clio Sport???

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m guessing a bit but I would say a more powerful explosion for your pistons. On the right set up, it would increase performance.

I eventually was arsed enough to Google it, and it actually doesn't increase performance at all; apparently, the only advantage it imparts is to prevent something called 'knocking' in older or high-performance cars but I zoned out at that stage lol

“In most cases, using a higher-octane gasoline than your owner’s manual recommends offers absolutely no benefit. It won’t make your car perform better, go faster, get better mileage or run cleaner.”

US Federal Trade Commission.

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

I eventually was arsed enough to Google it, and it actually doesn't increase performance at all; apparently, the only advantage it imparts is to prevent something called 'knocking' in older or high-performance cars but I zoned out at that stage lol

“In most cases, using a higher-octane gasoline than your owner’s manual recommends offers absolutely no benefit. It won’t make your car perform better, go faster, get better mileage or run cleaner.”

High performance engine squeeze the fuel and air mixture more than your average engine before going boom. 

Normal unleaded goes boom too soon in these conditions. This reduces performance. 

Higher octane rating means fuel air mixture won't go boom until required. 

3 minutes ago, potter3 said:

High performance engine squeeze the fuel and air mixture more than your average engine before going boom. 

Normal unleaded goes boom too soon in these conditions. This reduces performance. 

Higher octane rating means fuel air mixture won't go boom until required. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Buce said:

I use it in my lads 2 stroke bike and it enables me to use a lower jet and tweak the air intake for a marginal performance increase. It’s so marginal that nobody can even tell the difference lol

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I use it in my lads 2 stroke bike and it enables me to use a lower jet and tweak the air intake for a marginal performance increase. It’s so marginal that nobody can even tell the difference lol

tenor.gif?itemid=10596750

• Haha 1