Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

7 hours ago, murphy said:

The irony that so many remainers make such groundless assumptions about the ignorance of leavers, when that in itself is an incredibly ignorant thing to do.

I do wonder how close Will Self was when he said the other week that 'not all Leave voters were racist but all racists did vote Leave.' 

Obviously no way of ever finding out of course. 

15 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Mother's Day cards from pets. What's all that about then?

They're a member of the family too: We used to add the cat's 'signature' at the bottom of cards to other family members all the time when I was a kid.  Didn't ever give a card from him alone, mind.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I do wonder how close Will Self was when he said the other week that 'not all Leave voters were racist but all racists did vote Leave.' 

The most racist person I know is actually a staunch remainer although it's probably as his business benefits from cheap immigrant labour.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Obviously no way of ever finding out of course

Oh, I dunno, there are a few posters on here that support that hypothesis.

• Haha 1

Anyone know of a reputable home burglar alarm system installer in the Hinckley area?

Any idea of a rough cost for a 4 bed (6 zone cover) house?

I have looked online and most seem around £1,000. I was wondering if anyone has something cheaper installed.

18 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Anyone know of a reputable home burglar alarm system installer in the Hinckley area?

I have looked online and most seem around £1,000. I was wondering if anyone has something cheaper installed.

Have a word with @Strokes

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

£1000 is not cheap but it’s not exactly an area you want to skimp in. If I was you I’d get a few quotes and I’ll happily look over the specification and tell you who is offering the best deal. Or If you have any up to date plans of the house, I’ll happily quote you myself (It’s much easier to beat the competition when you know their prices).

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

£1000 is not cheap but it’s not exactly an area you want to skimp in. If I was you I’d get a few quotes and I’ll happily look over the specification and tell you who is offering the best deal. Or If you have any up to date plans of the house, I’ll happily quote you myself (It’s much easier to beat the competition when you know their prices).

Thank you for this.

I don't have any ground plans of the house other than those that are with the deeds and are slightly out of date as we have made a few changes. The best I can say is: It's a detached house; Ground floor: entrance hall with stairs to first floor, separate living room at the front then kitchen off the hallway to the rear of the house. Kitchen is open plan with dining area and through to a conservatory.

Upstairs is 2 front aspect bedrooms, 2 rear aspect bedrooms and a rear aspect bathroom.

Fully double glazed since 2004. We also have an integral garage. Typical David Wilson design circa 1990.

I'll get some quotes over the next couple of weeks and get back to you.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Thank you for this.

I don't have any ground plans of the house other than those that are with the deeds and are slightly out of date as we have made a few changes. The best I can say is: It's a detached house; Ground floor: entrance hall with stairs to first floor, separate living room at the front then kitchen off the hallway to the rear of the house. Kitchen is open plan with dining area and through to a conservatory.

Upstairs is 2 front aspect bedrooms, 2 rear aspect bedrooms and a rear aspect bathroom.

Fully double glazed since 2004. We also have an integral garage. Typical David Wilson design circa 1990.

I'll get some quotes over the next couple of weeks and get back to you.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

Ok I’ve got the gist from movement sensors, how many entry/exit doors are there? Do you want a garage protecting? Is there any specific upstairs area that needs any unusual protection?

12 hours ago, Strokes said:

Ok I’ve got the gist from movement sensors, how many entry/exit doors are there? Do you want a garage protecting? Is there any specific upstairs area that needs any unusual protection?

2 single doors and a double conservatory door. Yes we would need the garage as well.

Upstairs is standard

Thanks again

46 minutes ago, Parafox said:

2 single doors and a double conservatory door. Yes we would need the garage as well.

Upstairs is standard

Thanks again

Is the garage integrated or detached?

I think £1k is as good a price as you will get to be honest.

• Thanks 1

On 25/03/2019 at 19:56, Wymeswold fox said:

What's the obsession with crypto-currency?

It's shiny, it seems magical, it's marketed as the future, no one understands it, and despite that they'll think they'll get rich.

• Thanks 1

On 26/03/2019 at 08:30, StanSP said:

Not all leave voters voted for racist reasons yet all the racist political parties - BNP, Britain First, EDL, etc - enthusiatically voted for Brexit. And if you are of a racist bend then ending the free movement of people sound great, although there are non racist reasons for wanting to end it of course.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Strokes said:

Is the garage integrated or detached?

I think £1k is as good a price as you will get to be honest.

It's integrated. Thanks for your help, I'll get some quotes and see what comes back :thumbup:

Question:-

After watching the Celtic v Rangers game earlier the following thought came to mind.

...I struggle to understand some Scottish people, especially the Glaswegian's who talk super fast and was curious if these people find it hard to understand English people... 

6 hours ago, SystonFox said:

On the bet fair adverts on talksport they always bang on about “your smarts”

what are “your smarts” is it a made up terminology or is there something behind it?

I'm guessing it means your 'knowledge' of the teams/individuals you're betting on?

In the US they talk about people having 'booksmarts' if they're intellectual or 'streetsmarts' if they've got common sense, so I assume it's related to this?

Either way, it sounds daft.