Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

26 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why did people vote leave?! Absolutely mental ?

more intrigued by who the hell voted for it. obviously 52% did apparently but was that some sort of counting error? i’m not sure i’ve met anyone who wants to leave, all you ever see on the news is people wanting to remain, there was a leave march last week and about 15 people turned up, they’re calling it 7 figures for the opposite march today. 

well confusing. 

surely all one big cover up for something. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

more intrigued by who the hell voted for it. obviously 52% did apparently but was that some sort of counting error? i’m not sure i’ve met anyone who wants to leave, all you ever see on the news is people wanting to remain, there was a leave march last week and about 15 people turned up, they’re calling it 7 figures for the opposite march today. 

well confusing. 

surely all one big cover up for something. 

I fully agree with you mate and have no idea what the **** happened. I think loads of closet racists voted leave without knowing what they were doing and turns out there must have been shit loads of them! 

I think this is a remainer problem though.They tend to be surrounded by fellow remainers.Both at work and socially.So its a massive shock when it becomes clear that not everyone thinks the same.

Go to any building site and do a quick in out poll.These are people who have had to live with the direct consequences of the freedom of movement.People tend to vote with their wallets.Unsurprisingly the flow of EU migrants has slowed down a bit in the last two years.Guess what,the rates have gone up.

• Like 2

I’ve also found (at least in my Remainer-heavy social circles) that Remainers also tend to be more aggressively vocal, with anyone they know who voted Leave being spoken about behind their backs as if they were a mass murderer / mentally deficient etc. Which makes the minority (in that social circle) who voted Leave decide to shut up and not tell anyone about it for fear of being verbally attacked.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, brucey said:

I’ve also found (at least in my Remainer-heavy social circles) that Remainers also tend to be more aggressively vocal, with anyone they know who voted Leave being spoken about behind their backs as if they were a mass murderer / mentally deficient etc. Which makes the minority (in that social circle) who voted Leave decide to shut up and not tell anyone about it for fear of being verbally attacked.

So what you're saying is the leavers are snowflakes who can't handle having their views questioned?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

So what you're saying is the leavers are snowflakes who can't handle having their views questioned?

No, I’m saying a lot of time it doesn’t even get to the point of a calm sensible discussion over their opposing views, because the first thing that happens is that their character gets questioned.

Do you need to bring invoices for works carried out at a different garage to rectify an MOT fail when you return to the original garage for the partial re-test? 

The reason being is that I have had two lots of work done at the same garage (which differs from the garage I had my MOT at) and only hold an invoice for one lot of the repairs due to the garage not handing back the other (which I've only just realised). I'm sure I could chase this up before the re-test, but wasn't sure if it would be a waste of time as it's not required anyway. 

The missing invoice if for head lamp realignment if that has any bearing - and I have an email confirmation of the booking and pre-payment. I am just envisaging a scenario whereby the MOT garage claim the works were not carried out, particularly as the the repairs garage said there was nothing worth adjusting anyway. 

Cheers!

7 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Do you need to bring invoices for works carried out at a different garage to rectify an MOT fail when you return to the original garage for the partial re-test? 

The reason being is that I have had two lots of work done at the same garage (which differs from the garage I had my MOT at) and only hold an invoice for one lot of the repairs due to the garage not handing back the other (which I've only just realised). I'm sure I could chase this up before the re-test, but wasn't sure if it would be a waste of time as it's not required anyway. 

The missing invoice if for head lamp realignment if that has any bearing - and I have an email confirmation of the booking and pre-payment. I am just envisaging a scenario whereby the MOT garage claim the works were not carried out, particularly as the the repairs garage said there was nothing worth adjusting anyway. 

Cheers!

Are you not a lawyer?

13 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Cheers!

No you don't need the invoice. But if they haven't adjusted the headlights, the MOT garage will see this when they retest your vehicle and will probably fail it again. Can't the MOT garage adjust them for you? It's a very easy, quick fix if the adjusters on the headlights are working properly.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

Are you not a lawyer?

My field of expertise stops way short of anything to do with cars. 

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No you don't need the invoice. But if they haven't adjusted the headlights, the MOT garage will see this when they retest your vehicle and will probably fail it again. Can't the MOT garage adjust them for you? It's a very easy, quick fix if the adjusters on the headlights are working properly.

Cheers! They did adjust the headlights slightly but couldn't see anything noticeably off, I'm hoping that it's now satisfactory but yeah I'd hope they can rectify that on the partial re-test if not. 

• Like 1

On 23 March 2019 at 18:44, Unabomber said:

I fully agree with you mate and have no idea what the **** happened. I think loads of closet racists voted leave without knowing what they were doing and turns out there must have been shit loads of them! 

not that i really care but this is probably true. 

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Mother's Day cards from pets. What's all that about then?

Some people on here sent Rincewind a few 'Get Well' cards (picturing horses on them) when he was admitted to hospital around a few years back now.

With regards to the question, am guessing that animal pictures can bring back memories to the recipients.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Some people on here sent Rincewind a few 'Get Well' cards (picturing horses on them) when he was admitted to hospital around a few years back now.

With regards to the question, am guessing that animal pictures can bring back memories to the recipients.

Not of pets Wymesy, from pets. I've seen cards saying 'Happy Mother's Day from the dog/cat'. Bit weird if you ask me.

On 23/03/2019 at 18:44, Unabomber said:

The irony that so many remainers make such groundless assumptions about the ignorance of leavers, when that in itself is an incredibly ignorant thing to do.

• Like 1