Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

How do Indian call centre scams still exist? Surely nobody's daft enough to fall for them anymore yet every few weeks I'll get a call at my work from a bloke who can barely pronounce English words claiming to be from whichever utilities company they feel like being that day.  I fail to see how they sustain themselves when even the simplest question (like "who are you calling for?") derails their entire spiel.

When they call just pickup and say namaste pan chode.

54 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Brilliant lol  I usually play along briefly but being at work I always need to move them on and get back to whatever I'm doing.  Hopefully one day they'll ring the shop when I'm hanging around after finishing my shift and I can have a bit more fun with it. :D 

If the phone call doesn’t end with them abusing me and hanging up, then it’s because my supervisor has turned up and I need to wrap it up early.

I love stringing them on for as long as possible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Brilliant lol  I usually play along briefly but being at work I always need to move them on and get back to whatever I'm doing.  Hopefully one day they'll ring the shop when I'm hanging around after finishing my shift and I can have a bit more fun with it. :D 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

If the phone call doesn’t end with them abusing me and hanging up, then it’s because my supervisor has turned up and I need to wrap it up early.

I love stringing them on for as long as possible.

Yeah same, I like to string them along and respond sarcastically or humorously to whatever they ask, but at the same time perhaps still saying what they want to hear. 

It almost becomes a challenge to see how long you can keep them on the phone for lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah same, I like to string them along and respond sarcastically or humorously to whatever they ask, but at the same time perhaps still saying what they want to hear. 

It almost becomes a challenge to see how long you can keep them on the phone for lol 

Guess i go too far when i start breathing heavily and tell them that i am touching myself when they ask me if my air ducts/vents have been cleaned

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Guess i go too far when i start breathing heavily and tell them that i am touching myself when they ask me if my air ducts/vents have been cleaned

lol

I did the 'I want to play a game' Saw-style once and the other end of the line just went quiet. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

What's the best way to remove wood chip wallpaper? It's an absolute nightmare to get off and whatever method I use seems to take forever. 

If only there was a website that gives tutorials on stuff like that...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

What's the best way to remove wood chip wallpaper? It's an absolute nightmare to get off and whatever method I use seems to take forever. 

When I was doing my gaff a couple of years ago I had wood chip in all 3 of the bedrooms. I scored the walk with a Stanley knife then left a steamer on in the room for around 10 minutes, went back in afterwards and it came off really easy. 

• Like 1

A quick question to any medics or those in the know about health matters.

-

Should've asked the GP to explain it to me at the time she advised me to have one earlier on - but does anyone know what a Thyroid blood test consists of?

Had a 'normal' blood test a few months ago, but they said this morning that the test then didn't involve checking the Thyroid part.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

13 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

-

Should've asked the GP to explain it to me at the time she advised me to have one earlier on - but does anyone know what a Thyroid blood test consists of?

Had a 'normal' blood test a few months ago, but they said this morning that the test then didn't involve checking the Thyroid part.

They measure the amount of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) to check if your thyroid gland is working properly. My doctor does it every time I have a blood test. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

-

TSH (hormone that stimulates thyroid to produce thyroid hormones), T4 and T3 (thyroid hormones themselves).

They don't always get included in routine bloods at GPs unless there is a specific indication to check them.

• Thanks 1

Anyone know anything about industrial food processing?

I usually eat porridge for brecky, bought a box from unnamed supermarket no.2 and emptied the box out into an airtight Tupperware bucket for better storage, it was bin day so I ripped the cardboard box up and in one of the corners of the oat box was a chunk of gooey red stuff - the oats were "rolled" so in a dessicated form like they had been minced up. So I smudged the gooey red bit on the cardboard box and it smudged like blood and dried up darker red, I offered abit to a cat and after some sniffing she nibbled abit and is still alive hours later.

Obviously I'm not eating this stuff from there after this, the product was dirt cheap and I understand you get what you pay for but this isn't on really.

5 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Anyone know anything about industrial food processing?

I usually eat porridge for brecky, bought a box from unnamed supermarket no.2 and emptied the box out into an airtight Tupperware bucket for better storage, it was bin day so I ripped the cardboard box up and in one of the corners of the oat box was a chunk of gooey red stuff - the oats were "rolled" so in a dessicated form like they had been minced up. So I smudged the gooey red bit on the cardboard box and it smudged like blood and dried up darker red, I offered abit to a cat and after some sniffing she nibbled abit and is still alive hours later.

Obviously I'm not eating this stuff from there after this, the product was dirt cheap and I understand you get what you pay for but this isn't on really.

? offered it to A cat. 

Not yours then??

11 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Nope. Definitely rat or penis. 

When a mammal dies, blood can accumulate in the penis as part of the rigor mortis process.

If chlorine seeps through the skin, it can leave the blood redder and more fluid.

Sounds like a morsel from the erect penis of a dead rat got into @Jaspa's chlorine-washed porridge oats.

24 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

When a mammal dies, blood can accumulate in the penis as part of the rigor mortis process.

If chlorine seeps through the skin, it can leave the blood redder and more fluid.

Sounds like a morsel from the erect penis of a dead rat got into @Jaspa's chlorine-washed porridge oats.

For some reason, I am disturbed that you know that, Alf.

• Haha 4