Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Yakubu

If Yakubu plays in a promotion winning team at this level next season then he will be the leading league goal scorer in this division for absolutely years. He's capable of 30+ league goals without breaking sweat. For £2 million and the same again in wages we should go all out for him. Build a team around him, get two wingers in and a striker that chases lost causes and the defense can go window licking again all season.

Quite though I wouldn't mind a defence, particularly a goalie, who was beyond the window licking stage. :D

Not fat, just built like a brick shithouse.

Hope we can clear this up.

x610.jpg

Finally some one appreciates his vascular self! all we need now is Florist away next season, Yak baggs a late winner to send us up and runs up to wes morgan and shows him what a real man is made of!

Finally some one appreciates his vascular self! all we need now is Florist away next season, Yak baggs a late winner to send us up and runs up to wes morgan and shows him what a real man is made of!

Sounds a bit gay

Just seen that on the news. lol Doesn't sound that excited at the prospect but still, good news.

he seems to come across that way in any interview ive seen of him though, i think its just the way he is rather than not bing interested really

The Yakubu threads make me laugh, mainly because for some reason, those who dare to criticise the Yak are generally met with posts like "Yeh he showz no pashun innit, HUUUME" or some other utter garbage spouted by those who like to see themselves as bastions of football knowledge. Yakubu's work rate is questionable, but of course a goal return of 10 in 20 is also nothing to be sniffed at.

My issue is that I don't feel Yak's overall contribution to the team has been good enough, considering his work rate. It's not too much to ask a Premier League striker of his build to be able to hold the ball up, get his body in front of defenders and be able to make the ball stick up front. For the most part, he's failed to do this and committed defenders have had little trouble winning it in the air or getting in front of him to steal the ball. In turn, this has had an effect on the team in that we cannot get the ball to stick up front, thus our midfielders cannot get into position to support attacks (see the drop off in Wellens and King) and are often having to reorganise quickly into a defensive position because we can't keep hold of the ball for long enough.

In this league, little things which might not be deemed important go a long way. The ability to hold the ball up and bring your team mates into play (Helguson, Holt, Bothroyd at the top 3 teams), the ability to be strong and win freekicks in dangerous areas/corners, the ability to make your teammates play better through your own play. Whilst Yak has his goal return, I've felt he has generally not provided any of the above which is the least I'd expect from a striker who would command a largish fee and wages.

Similar or better goal returns have been attained by strikers such as Holt, Morison and Graham, and who also offer a huge amount to their sides in other areas. Indeed, I'd probably take 3-5 goals fewer in the season for the attributes I've listed above. Having said that, a workhorse alongside Yak in a 4-4-2 and I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed.

And no, I was no fan of Hume, nor do I believe Waghorn to be the answer.

dont get how some leicester fans say hes lazy, when some matches he does more running than gallagher. i would sign him up because i believe he will take us up

You got any proof of that?? ... I think you'll find gally generally runs more than any other player during a game according to the opta stats.....

I doubt yakubu is even top 5?? If you don't think the yaks work rate is at the very least questionable... Wow!!

The Yakubu threads make me laugh, mainly because for some reason, those who dare to criticise the Yak are generally met with posts like "Yeh he showz no pashun innit, HUUUME" or some other utter garbage spouted by those who like to see themselves as bastions of football knowledge. Yakubu's work rate is questionable, but of course a goal return of 10 in 20 is also nothing to be sniffed at.

My issue is that I don't feel Yak's overall contribution to the team has been good enough, considering his work rate. It's not too much to ask a Premier League striker of his build to be able to hold the ball up, get his body in front of defenders and be able to make the ball stick up front. For the most part, he's failed to do this and committed defenders have had little trouble winning it in the air or getting in front of him to steal the ball. In turn, this has had an effect on the team in that we cannot get the ball to stick up front, thus our midfielders cannot get into position to support attacks (see the drop off in Wellens and King) and are often having to reorganise quickly into a defensive position because we can't keep hold of the ball for long enough.

In this league, little things which might not be deemed important go a long way. The ability to hold the ball up and bring your team mates into play (Helguson, Holt, Bothroyd at the top 3 teams), the ability to be strong and win freekicks in dangerous areas/corners, the ability to make your teammates play better through your own play. Whilst Yak has his goal return, I've felt he has generally not provided any of the above which is the least I'd expect from a striker who would command a largish fee and wages.

Similar or better goal returns have been attained by strikers such as Holt, Morison and Graham, and who also offer a huge amount to their sides in other areas. Indeed, I'd probably take 3-5 goals fewer in the season for the attributes I've listed above. Having said that, a workhorse alongside Yak in a 4-4-2 and I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed.

And no, I was no fan of Hume, nor do I believe Waghorn to be the answer.

I think most people that like and want him here agree that we still need a partner for him up front who will do the running/battling etc.

I think most people that like and want him here agree that we still need a partner for him up front who will do the running/battling etc.

Exactly. People slating him for his workrate and overall contribution to the team (other than a goal every 2 games!!!) need to realise the formation we play doesn't require a lot else from him. In a 4-3-3 with two wide players, it's their job to run the channels, make things happen and work harder. They are the creative players which contribute to the general play - Yakubu is simply there to score goals and that's what he has done.

If he gets offered to us at a decent price, we'd be stupid not to snap him up.

he can sit a deck chair on the penalty spot and sip sangria for the first 20 minutes for all i care... i'll take 11 in 20 first half of the season and 11 in 20 for the second half of next season too....

he can sit a deck chair on the penalty spot and sip sangria for the first 20 minutes for all i care... i'll take 11 in 20 first half of the season and 11 in 20 for the second half of next season too....

His strike rate equates to 25 goals a season. That is all the info I think you need. Sign him up. :scarf:

Exactly. People slating him for his workrate and overall contribution to the team (other than a goal every 2 games!!!) need to realise the formation we play doesn't require a lot else from him. In a 4-3-3 with two wide players, it's their job to run the channels, make things happen and work harder. They are the creative players which contribute to the general play - Yakubu is simply there to score goals and that's what he has done.

If he gets offered to us at a decent price, we'd be stupid not to snap him up.

yep people say hes lazy but hes a finisher thats why we have wingers

For 2 million, i would take him in an instant. Would have to take a drop i wages though surely if it's true that he's on 50k per week.

You have to wonder what a fully fit Yakubu will do from the start of a season in the Championship. Makes me wonder how many goals he'd have bagged had he been here from day 1 of the season.

Archived