Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Yakubu

Not really relevant now but interesting none the least...

Quote from the Guardian

"Another example is Yakubu [Ayegbeni, the Everton striker]. West Ham were willing to pay £6m for him – David Moyes [Everton's manager] wanted £10m so the deal could not happen, but Avram was not allowed to spend [that] money on other signings, which he could not understand

Yakubu almost went to West Ham earlier in the season but Moyes valued him at £10 million! Stark contrast to the £2 million being quoted now.

I dont want him back all he does is assist and score goals! We dont need them type of players here especially when were going to "storm the league " next season !!! Ha

B****ks !! Love him to come back 2mill is a reet bargain for a proven striker whose cost probably more than 20 mill in transfer fees, Bring the yak bak i say !!

I want him back! He scores goals! And isn't that what you want your strikers to do? Look at players like falcao he doesn't run around everywhere but score's a shed load of goals!

I'd prefer a striker to run around loads, shout loads, give away shitloads of free kicks and when they have there 1 goal in 10 games, kiss the badge.

Have you ever watched Falcao play? He chases everything down, he's got the stamina of a bloody tank!

And how much would he cost? 20-30mil prbably. Lets compare the Yak for someone of fair value.

Yak is a great player, but with some fitness training and some balance help, he'd be a star. His only problem is he does fall over a lot, pretty much every time he breaks away. Strong player, for £2 million and a willing return to LCFC, he's as good as back. The club may agree for him to go somewhere else, but it's his descision on a contract, and he'll take leicester over west ham any day :)

FEED THE YAK!

Have you ever watched Falcao play? He chases everything down, he's got the stamina of a bloody tank!

Yea, the games ive watched of him he had a berbatov approach, but i havn't seen too much of him to be fair, and I suppose comparing yak to him is a bit unfair on yak haha!

be realistic here, played 20 games and scored 11 goals. partner him with two wingers/another striker (depending on formation) who run their bollocks off and he'd be awesome!

£2million. we paid £3million for waghorn and the Yak has been far better!

SIGN HIM SVEN!

Would love to see the Yak in a Leicester shirt next season! I can understand why people criticise him (especially after long debates with my dad) but goal scorers are a very hard breed to come by, if you can get one of Yakubu's class and record for £2m then there really shouldn't be any debate!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/05/28/what-does-the-future-hold-for-yakubu-100252-28778488/

LOAN STAR FOR: Leicester City

THE Nigerian international appears to have scored his last goal in Royal Blue – but it’s far from certain that he’ll be scoring goals in Leicester blue next season either.

Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson said he is still undecided whether to make a bid to bring back the Yak to the Walkers Stadium permanently.

Yakubu scored 11 goals in 20 appearances while on loan and has previously admitted he would like to return permanently to City.

However, Yakubu is on a big wage at Everton and City may decide they cannot offer the 28-year-old the package he wants, and may look elsewhere.

City have also been linked with moves for Aston Villa’s Emile Heskey, Coventry’s Marlon King and Bristol City’s Nicky Maynard.

“We haven't made any decisions on that yet but you can't take away those 11 goals in 20 games that Yakubu scored,” said Eriksson. “It is a very good total.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/05/28/what-does-the-future-hold-for-yakubu-100252-28778488/#ixzz1NdyqmJxy

Yakubu is a must signing, seriously his goal to game ratio is fantastic. Bollocks to the work rate, Lineker didn't do much except tap in throughout his career. Yak is a goalscorer, if we have a deal in place and he wants to come it would be foolish in the extreme not to tie up a deal.

Yakubu is a must signing, seriously his goal to game ratio is fantastic. Bollocks to the work rate, Lineker didn't do much except tap in throughout his career. Yak is a goalscorer, if we have a deal in place and he wants to come it would be foolish in the extreme not to tie up a deal.

Did you ever watch Lineker play?

As someone that seen him make his debut against oldham in 1979, and seen him throughout his career at Leicester, and then watched his progression after he left, i can tell you that his work rate was extremely high.

He was constantly making runs off the ball, and indeed, scored many goals when the ball was knocked over the top, for him to use his pace to run on to it.

Yes he scored alot of tap ins too, the sign of a good goal poacher, is being in the right place at the right time.

Yakubu is a very good goal poacher, and i hope we do sign him, but i think its a bit harsh to say that Lineker ,"didn`t do much except tap in throughout his career".

Linekers work rate was actually first class!

Archived