Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fifa 12

Yep. Presentation is way better, facial animations are spot on.

Defending has changed almost completely, it's different, it's harder (if you're used to FIFA 11 controls). Especially marking an attacker and trying to take the ball away will take time to get used to, it's no longer as simple as it was before.

Commentary's ok from what I've heard so far.

Throw-ins now actually happen straightaway within the play of game, no more black screens for a fadeaway.

Only downside so far is that EA has insisted on keeping the players' animations just before a substitution.

Can anyone post some ratings? Is it true that most 'top' teams are 4.5 * and you can only get a 5* team after years of success in career mode (so offline play) ???

There's only a handful of teams to choose from in the demo, all five-star teams (except Dortmund and Marseille at 4.5):

(ATT/MID/DEF)

Arsenal (83/82/79)

Manchester City (83/84/80)

Borussia Dortmund (78/77/79)

AC Milan (85/80/81)

FC Barcelona (87/85/86)

Olympique Marseille (80/78/78)

That's all I can say at the moment.

There's only a handful of teams to choose from in the demo, all five-star teams (except Dortmund and Marseille at 4.5):

(ATT/MID/DEF)

Arsenal (83/82/79)

Manchester City (83/84/80)

Borussia Dortmund (78/77/79)

AC Milan (85/80/81)

FC Barcelona (87/85/86)

Olympique Marseille (80/78/78)

That's all I can say at the moment.

Ok, thanks for that. Can't wait to find some formations with my Man City side :D:ph34r:

And how long are the games in the demo?

Ok, thanks for that. Can't wait to find some formations with my Man City side :D:ph34r:

And how long are the games in the demo?

Sadly only 3 mins.

The opposing defense is just incredibly good.

Gone are the days of your wingers starting easy runs down the flanks and then delivering long balls. Left backs and right backs are now way more active and aggressive!

Whereas your own defenders are now allowed maybe as close as a yard in the vicinity of the player they're defending against, but you can't come any closer. huh.gif

I've played three games on World Class so far, lost all three and I can't score from open play (one penalty for handball only).

Sound track

Alex Metric & Steve Angello - Open Your Eyes

All Mankind - Break The Spell

Architecture In Helsinki - Escapee

Bloco Bleque / Gabriel O Pensador - So Tem Jogador

Chase & Status - No Problem

Crystal Castles / Robert Smith - Not In Love

CSS - Hits Me Like A Rock

Cut Copy - Where I'm Going

Digitalism- Circles

DJ Raff - Latino & Proud

El Guincho - Bombay (Fresh Touch Dub Mix)

Empresarios - Sabor Tropical

Foster The People - Call It What You Want

GIVERS - Up Up Up

Glasvegas- The World Is Yours

Graffiti6 - Stare Into The Sun

Grouplove - Colours (Captain Cutz Remix)

Japanese Popstars - Let Go

Kasabian - Switchblade Smiles

La Vida Boheme - El Buen Salvaje

Little Dragon - NightLight

Macaco - Una Sola Voz

Marteria / Yasha - Verstrahlt

Monarchy - The Phoenix Alive (Kris Menace Remix)

Pint Shot Riot - Twisted Soul

Portugal. The Man - Got It All (This Can’t Be Living Now)

Rock Mafia - The Big Bang

Spank Rock - Energy

The Chain Gang Of 1974 - Hold On

The Hives - Thousand Answers

The Medics - City

The Naked & Famous - Punching In A Dream

The Strokes - Machu Picchu

The Ting Tings - Hands

The Vaccines - Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra)

Thievery Corporation - Stargazer

Tittsworth & Alvin Risk / Maluca - La Campana

TV On The Radio - Will Do

Tying Tiffany - Drownin'

Read more: http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/games/fifa-12-soundtrack-announced#ixzz1Xpkj3Jsg

I've not downloaded the Demo yet however thoughts from friends. If you used to play FIFA 11 by holding 'B' button to bring another defender to help jockey etc.. You can't do it on FIFA 12? If you do you'll just get skinned?

Messi a 95? WOW

I've not downloaded the Demo yet however thoughts from friends. If you used to play FIFA 11 by holding 'B' button to bring another defender to help jockey etc.. You can't do it on FIFA 12? If you do you'll just get skinned?

Messi a 95? WOW

You can still ask for assistance, but it's RB now (I think).

And do you get it early in viking land? ****ing cheating already ya little coooont!

Nah, viking land is also a part of Europe so I'll be downloading it tomorrow. :lei1: Internet connection getting a boost in October, so you'll be able to get your arse kicked online now too.

Quick throw ins were a good idea. Precision dribbling is awesome aswell. Not having the pressure button is going to take some getting used to

Pressure button as in holding down pass button to pressure them before you perform a standing tackle?

Pressure button is now 'RB' someone said?

That calls in another player to help cut off options, they sometimes pressure and tackle. I mean like they guy is saying below with your controlled player

Pressure button as in holding down pass button to pressure them before you perform a standing tackle?

yeh, now if you press the standing tackle button it is literally just that. It doesnt home in on the player and tackle them, it just stick a leg out. So you have to aim for the player, run at them and press the tackle button at the right time.

That calls in another player to help cut off options, they sometimes pressure and tackle. I mean like they guy is saying below with your controlled player

yeh, now if you press the standing tackle button it is literally just that. It doesnt home in on the player and tackle them, it just stick a leg out. So you have to aim for the player, run at them and press the tackle button at the right time.

Which is very hard and frustrating (at the moment), because on World Class, the opposing AI somewhat miraculously always anticipates your movements well in advance, simply running past defenders.

Which is very hard and frustrating (at the moment), because on World Class, the opposing AI somewhat miraculously always anticipates your movements well in advance, simply running past defenders.

yeh, thats what i thought. It seems to make it too hard to take on a player 1 on 1. They always turn you.

Archived