Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fifa 12

That calls in another player to help cut off options, they sometimes pressure and tackle. I mean like they guy is saying below with your controlled player

yeh, now if you press the standing tackle button it is literally just that. It doesnt home in on the player and tackle them, it just stick a leg out. So you have to aim for the player, run at them and press the tackle button at the right time.

Ahh ****.

This is going to be annoying :(

I just find it odd that I can't get near any attacker from the opposing team, no matter how hard I try.

Highly frustrating. Not realistic, in my opinion.

But maybe that's just the case with the demo and will be ironed out by the end of the month.

Oh, and the team selection menus look slightly awful.

I do like the quick team presentation/animations before each game, though.

And there's finally a three-subs animation when you bring three new players on at once.

I just find it odd that I can't get near any attacker from the opposing team, no matter how hard I try. Highly frustrating. Not realistic, in my opinion.

But maybe that's just the case with the demo and will be evened out by the end of the month.

I suppose i'll find out tomorrow, i'm guessing this'll be a Fifa that I wont be able to play on Legendary ha! <_<

Touch 81 has it pretty much spot on:

Not been playing the demo long, but so far I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

1) Passing

On any setting less than Assisted, the players simply cannot pass. Throughballs STILL have a predetermined strenght and path depending on where you are on the pitch (no, you *, I don't want you to pass it to the middle when the guy is running down the wing and I'm pointing the stick towards him)

2) Shooting

Keepers are terribad - almost any shot on goal goes in.

3) Defending

If you're going to remove pressure, you HAVE to make the defensive AI reasonably competent - as it is, they still run way out of position on their own, leaving loads of space, and they won't cover unless I claw my finger round to RB (which is really awkward when you consider that you may have to sprint with RT as well - it's just uncomfortable to have to use two fingers on the same trigger side at the same time).

But because pressure is gone, you can't get your AI teammates to actually make a tackle, and if you go in for the standing tackle yourself, the AI seems to be able to just walk around you. Even if you jockey it seems to be ineffective because a simple change of direction by the AI seems to make my jockeying defender unresponsive long enough for the AI to get a shot off. And as I mentioned, the keepers are so bad that any shot is almost guaranteed to be a goal.

And the AI defends as if it's still using pressurespa half the time.

4) Headers

The AI wins them all - it doesn't matter if you're perfectly positioned, have a big strong player with excellent heading, the AI will muscle you off it and cleanly pass it away, when the absolute most you can ever hope for is a glancing header that rolls straight to the AI. And you can't move your player, unless it's to run him completely away from the header.

The game is currently in an apalling state. The AI can just ping pong its way through you whenever it wants, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. All the while, your own players play like they're sunday league amateurs. All the development time seems to have been spent making things look pretty, which admittedly they've done very well.

http://forum.ea.com/...120/987120.page

I pretty much agree with all of this, apart from the keeper bit (he must've played on Amateur; they're really good on World Class).

The demo looks damn fine in terms of presentation, but is a bitch to play.

Btw if you're on PS3 you can just make an american account (Takes 2 mins) if you want to get it today. Also by that review it doesn't really sound like the game is bad, sounds like the player himself is. Surely if you can't win headers, defend or pass, it just means your crap.

Btw if you're on PS3 you can just make an american account (Takes 2 mins) if you want to get it today. Also by that review it doesn't really sound like the game is bad, sounds like the player himself is. Surely if you can't win headers, defend or pass, it just means your crap.

How do you do that James?

How do you do that James?

Just create a new account and pick United States when picking country. Made it for FIFA last year and it's worked ever since for early downloads. Think it updates about 5 or 6 BST.

EDIT: Just looked around and it apparently updates late tonight our time? Usually it's around 6ish.

Nope, it's definitely the game (as it is right now in its demo stage).

I've gotten into FIFA 11 in the past half year and improved quite a bit.

I'm no stranger to football games and I concur with most of what the poster on the EA Forum said. I have made similar experiences today.

Even on Amateur, opposing attackers in FIFA 12 just run around you, already knowing which way you're going.

Passing however is easy, no matter what difficulty you're on.

Fair play .

Anyway I don't normally take much notice of peoples reviews, mostly for the reason one person says that passing is good and one says passing is bad and well the same thing repeats for everything in the game. Already seen it with this years game. Guess ill have to wait :( and see for myself.

Just create a new account and pick United States when picking country. Made it for FIFA last year and it's worked ever since for early downloads. Think it updates about 5 or 6 BST.

EDIT: Just looked around and it apparently updates late tonight our time? Usually it's around 6ish.

I cant find away to create a new account, do you have to erase the existing?

IGNORE. Got it.

Fair play .

Anyway I don't normally take much notice of peoples reviews, mostly for the reason one person says that passing is good and one says passing is bad and well the same thing repeats for everything in the game. Already seen it with this years game. Guess ill have to wait :( and see for myself.

Looking forward to hearing about your first impressions of the game.

Wonder whether you'll feel the same about the new defensive "improvements".

Btw, what system are you playing on? PS3 or XBOX 360?

I can but assume there's loads of people downloading the demo right now.

That's the point. Surely the Gold subscription money goes to better servers, for big releases and stuff (and obviously other stuff)

Grrrrr, lots of people flunked work and college for this :ph34r:

Looking forward to hearing about your first impressions of the game.

Wonder whether you'll feel the same about the new defensive "improvements".

Btw, what system are you playing on? PS3 or XBOX 360?

PS3. I'll have a few games before posting up. Will probably be tomorrow ;)

Well Goalkeepers are broken. They took out the 2nd man press, and replaced it with a broken "tactical tackling" or something like that.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the classical defending option

The match match intro is alright, but I'll be skipping it 8 times out of ten anyway. I found it a pain, and I got bored after just 3 games.

I can kind of see why people will like it, but it's utter sh**e in my eyes.

Sorry EA, but you fu**ed up

Mixed bag for me...

Some great improvements: Dribbling, shooting, not so tight anymore in midfield, intro screens are a nice touch but will get boring and skipped very quickly in the end

Hit & Miss: Passing seems strange at times, players don't always make runs but then at times do!?

Not so clever: Tactical defending, either it's me or this is broken and doesn't feel right at all.. Hopefully will be sorted come full release but i wouldn't hold my breath with EA!

Archived