Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

It was a sweeping generalisation not based on fact. It was akin to saying people with glasses are clever.

Lets draw a line under it and carry on discussing the potential transfer of a player.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm the one who made the statement and I accept it is a generalisation, but the fact is that people from South East Asia work much harder in general than Europeans. Unfortunately many South East Asian economies are driven by workers, including children, working long hours for a pittance, whilst western economies charge us outragous prices for goods that have cost little to make. So my point about signing a striker from Japan, who has North Korean parents, has nothing to do with race, but an observation that should Sven think he has the ability to strive in the Championship, then I think that his work ethic will be one that shows he is determined to succeed.

I'm the one who made the statement and I accept it is a generalisation, but the fact is that people from South East Asia work much harder in general than Europeans. Unfortunately many South East Asian economies are driven by workers, including children, working long hours for a pittance, whilst western economies charge us outragous prices for goods that have cost little to make. So my point about signing a striker from Japan, who has North Korean parents, has nothing to do with race, but an observation that should Sven think he has the ability to strive in the Championship, then I think that his work ethic will be one that shows he is determined to succeed.

fact/fakt/Noun

1. A thing that is indisputably the case.

2. Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.

How is it indisputable!!! You met everyone in South East Asia and watched them work!!??

I'm not saying it isn't true that he'd have a good work ethic but you can't pass off a generalisation as a fact.

“Overall I'm really happy here. I like Bochum city centre and I enjoy going to Dusseldorf. I live 100 per cent for football here in Germany. That wasn't the case in Japan, where I was often distracted,” the player was quoted as saying in an interview.

How is my comment racist - all I'm saying the culture of people from South east asia have a better work ethic than Europeans - it a factual statement.

Haha of course racism does not apply to white people. If I said 'Black people are lazier than Europeans - it's a factual statement', I'd be called the next Hitler!!

Boringhell, whats the point of having this topic about the striker if **** all of the thread is about him! Start a new thread, with a poll and get people to vote and have all yours little dispute in there. Everyone has different opinions and ideas and no one will want to back down, so just sort it out.

Getting silly now - when all I wanted to suggest was here is a player who Sven thinks can do a job - I'm not bothered which part of the globe he comes from, but the fact he his is from Asia leads me to believe he will have a good work ethic, just like Yuke, as this tends to be born into the culture of their society.

I'm not racist, I've had loads of black eyes. And my dog's black.

Really hope we sign this guy, I don't know much about him but remember him well from the World Cup. He was my World Cup legend this time round and I thought he looked lively, sharp and pretty skillful. I said to the Mrs at the time, "It'd be shit hot if we signed that lad, let's bring him to England, COME ONNNNNNNNNN BITCHES, sign him up".

I'm not racist, I've had loads of black eyes. And my dog's black.

Really hope we sign this guy, I don't know much about him but remember him well from the World Cup. He was my World Cup legend this time round and I thought he looked lively, sharp and pretty skillful. I said to the Mrs at the time, "It'd be shit hot if we signed that lad, let's bring him to England, COME ONNNNNNNNNN BITCHES, sign him up".

So, go and tell, El Empty. Now that you've met him, does Kim Jong-Il approve of this transfer?

So, go and tell, El Empty. Now that you've met him, does Kim Jong-Il approve of this transfer?

I'm afraid he doesn't like footbal and it is unwise to talk to him about such subjects. His only hobbies (in the little spare time he has) are American Wresting, custard pie fights and listening to 70's funk LP's whilst having his shoulders massaged by black ladies.

I'm afraid he doesn't like footbal and it is unwise to talk to him about such subjects. His only hobbies (in the little spare time he has) are American Wresting, custard pie fights and listening to 70's funk LP's whilst having his shoulders massaged by black ladies.

I heard he was a keen golfer. Allegedly he hit 18 holes in one on his very first round? Sounds plausible

Ha ha, this thread is funnier than most new comedy shows. I think the issue is that making generalised statements based on race or culture has the danger of spilling into racism or xenophobia. I am pretty sure the original poster's comments were harmless but I do agree that they could be construed as racist. To say , as I believe the first post said, that all Asians are hard working is clearly racist. It cannot be argued. I don't think malice was intended but that doesn't really make it OK. I tend to judge people on who they are not where they are from. I mean looks can be deceiving. I for example am a strapping 6'2'' with size 11 feet but my penis is pathetic. I mean it it's embarrassing! I've got it out now (I was wanking over this thread cos I like Asians. They're all fit you know!!!) and I'm looking down at it and it's the size of a walnut whip!

Anyway, now I have ended world racism I just want to say I hope we sign him as he looks great and I hear Asians have little penises so we could be friends.

Rumble.

X

Archived