Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

Ha ha, this thread is funnier than most new comedy shows. I think the issue is that making generalised statements based on race or culture has the danger of spilling into racism or xenophobia. I am pretty sure the original poster's comments were harmless but I do agree that they could be construed as racist. To say , as I believe the first post said, that all Asians are hard working is clearly racist. It cannot be argued. I don't think malice was intended but that doesn't really make it OK. I tend to judge people on who they are not where they are from. I mean looks can be deceiving. I for example am a strapping 6'2'' with size 11 feet but my penis is pathetic. I mean it it's embarrassing! I've got it out now (I was wanking over this thread cos I like Asians. They're all fit you know!!!) and I'm looking down at it and it's the size of a walnut whip!

Anyway, now I have ended world racism I just want to say I hope we sign him as he looks great and I hear Asians have little penises so we could be friends.

Rumble.

X

:crylaugh: brilliant.

Ha ha, this thread is funnier than most new comedy shows. I think the issue is that making generalised statements based on race or culture has the danger of spilling into racism or xenophobia. I am pretty sure the original poster's comments were harmless but I do agree that they could be construed as racist. To say , as I believe the first post said, that all Asians are hard working is clearly racist. It cannot be argued. I don't think malice was intended but that doesn't really make it OK. I tend to judge people on who they are not where they are from. I mean looks can be deceiving. I for example am a strapping 6'2'' with size 11 feet but my penis is pathetic. I mean it it's embarrassing! I've got it out now (I was wanking over this thread cos I like Asians. They're all fit you know!!!) and I'm looking down at it and it's the size of a walnut whip!

Anyway, now I have ended world racism I just want to say I hope we sign him as he looks great and I hear Asians have little penises so we could be friends.

Rumble.

X

I actually spat my coffee out over my keyboard laughing at that! :crylaugh:

Leicester City could see a "domino effect" of new arrivals now the first few signings are completed, says director of football Andrew Neville.

Yesterday's double capture of midfielder Neil Danns on a free transfer and goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel from Leeds United took City's tally of signings to three, with more to come.

Last week's signing of defender Lee Peltier from Huddersfield Town had been City's only piece of business until yesterday's double swoop, but Neville believes once City had made a few signings it would entice others to join manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's promotion chasers.

City remain in talks with strikers David Nugent and Matt Derbyshire, and have had a bid accepted for Peterborough United striker Craig Mackail-Smith, while a second bid for Bristol City's Nicky Maynard is possible.

City are also understood to be close to the loan signing of South Africa international left-back Tsepo Masilela from Israeli side Maccabi Haifa. and negotiations have also begun to sign North Korean striker Jong Tae-Se of German side VFL Bochum.

City are also pursuing defender Sean St Ledger of Preston North End.

"Once we get one or two in that may make the minds up of others, because the first one may be thinking 'what else are you doing to add to the squad?'" said Neville.

"Once you get a couple in then others will think 'look who Leicester City have signed' and follow suit. It might have a domino effect and get the ball rolling."

Neville said the reputation of Eriksson and the ambition of the club's owners would attract many players, but admitted the perception that City were splashing the cash had not helped his negotiations with clubs or players.

Neville said one of his briefs was to get value for money in the transfer market.

"The fact we have such a high profile and well-known manager and significant investment at the club does attract players," he said.

"But the perception we are big spenders is not helpful. I think we are perceived to be one of the wealthier clubs in the division and when you come to negotiating that makes it more difficult. The owners want to invest and get us to the Premier League. But it is not at all costs. There is a balance here."

Interesting choice of words....

This is all my fault as I pointed out that people from South East Asia have a good work ethic and this would be beneficial when trying to adapt to a new league, jut like Yuke - There is no way I thought for one moment that it was racist - rather it was a compliment, a good trait to have.

Please as other posters have said, let's discuss the merits of him playing for Leicester. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

gone a little quiet regarding Chong Tae-Se, anyone heard anything?

one player i think that could be a real gem for us if we got him!

Sven could take both CMS and Chong, but I think it will be one or the other. If CMS goes to West Ham it will be more likely that Chong will arrive.

They are a similar style of player - pacey, high work rate with an insatiable desire to score goals, with both lacking in height.

Sven could take both CMS and Chong, but I think it will be one or the other. If CMS goes to West Ham it will be more likely that Chong will arrive.

They are a similar style of player - pacey, high work rate with an insatiable desire to score goals, with both lacking in height.

5'10 (CMS) & 5'11 (Chong) is short?

OK might not be short, but still similar and still similar players, and my point is still valid! ( Matty Fryatt was 5' 10'' and I did not rate him as tall ).

I'd argue that though they may be similar in height, they are two vastly different players. Chong has much more beef to his bones. He seems aggressive too (hence his Asian Rooney tag). Whilst CMS is much less so. Yes they both possess pace, but that is to be expected in most modern strikers. They certainly both will have a lot to prove, but for vastly different reasons. Consistent temperament is important across a long season. My understanding is that CMS has this in abundance. Chong is an unknown quantity, though I would ideally like to have both in the team. Chong wouldn't be expensive, and it would be good to have a player kicking at the heels of 1st choice.

I think Mr Tae-se gonna bee a very good player for us!

I saw the match between Ivory-Coast and N-Korea and he was a very very good player, and Sven saw this as an manager for I-C.

But we will see whats happend many players are on Leicester ......

We gonna win CHAMPIONS :scarf:

Well it wasn't really a big name was he, stick to our Premier League and Championship strikers.

Wasn't keen on this guy anyway for some reason.

I feel slightly different, yes could be a bit of a gamble but one that could come off massively, for the money thats been reported would it be worth a punt??

This guy can play. We would be lucky to have him. Also for those that like strikers with a high work rate, wait till you see him.

sign him up, raises the profile of the club, better scoring ratio than any other player at the club, wears his heart on his sleeve.

Spot on the both of you.

Gone really quiet regarding us signing him though.... dont know if bert could shed any light?

From what I saw of him in the World Cup this guy would be a decent addition to the squad. Probably not a 20-a-season striker, but would certainly cause problems for defenders with his workrate/aggression. There's always room in the squad for players who will run themselves into the ground.

I said some time ago that I thought if CMS came then Chong wouldn't because I believe they are quite similar, sorry let me elaborate 'cos some folks have taken hair splitting objection to that, let's instead say Sven would play them in a similar role so probably would not want both.

I want this guy instead of CMS. ( With Nicky Maynard! )

Archived