Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Bitter bunch of bastards aren't they?

So what if our owner is from Thailand? So what if our manager is from Nottingham? It wasn't long ago they had a Scottish manager who tried to pack them team with SPL rejects, how quickly they forget...

The mercenaries are gone, we've got a young, hungry team with two academy graduates in the squad - Moore and King - and we're playing great football under a good manager - if they think the most important thing to a team is where the chairman or the manager or the players were born, let them get on with it.

Schlupp is sort of there or thereabouts too.

We'd do exactly the same as they are doing. You look for any stick to beat your opponents with.

The fact they have had to stoop to something like that though, speaks volumes about how well we are doing in most departments currently.

That said 4/1 Middlesborough win? Wowsers.

Bitter bunch of bastards aren't they?

So what if our owner is from Thailand? So what if our manager is from Nottingham? It wasn't long ago they had a Scottish manager who tried to pack them team with SPL rejects, how quickly they forget...

The mercenaries are gone, we've got a young, hungry team with two academy graduates in the squad - Moore and King - and we're playing great football under a good manager - if they think the most important thing to a team is where the chairman or the manager or the players were born, let them get on with it.

We more often than not have four youth team players in the match day squad.

They're owned by a pack of Thai's...

There's some fair points made to my mind. My ideal scenario would be a local moneybags ploughing his dosh in to the club as a labour of love to be honest, I'd much rather LCFC has the level of transparency enjoyed by boro fans around club ownership structures and especially debt levels (they don't owe a penny to any external financiers, Gibson has got it all covered).

Having said that, I think our owners are among the better band of foreign owners and have my support and respect at this time.

That manager from Nottingham I seem to recall was the captain of Middlesbrough Football Club.

Did you complain about his birthplace when he skippered you, pal?

It's a rather silly comment. I'm Sure they preferred their foriegn mecenaires like Ravenlli, Juninho, Yakabu, Beck and Emmerson to their current crop.

• Like 2

**** ME - Tony Mowbray's first language is English ? Well you learn something new every day.

Had to give his wikipedia a read after that discovery. Quite a boring man.

Also says he had a win percentage of 51% at Celtic, yet still went down as the worst manager in Celtic's history lol

That manager from Nottingham I seem to recall was the captain of Middlesbrough Football Club.

Did you complain about his birthplace when he skippered you, pal?

You know they can't hear you on Foxes Talk, Corky... :unsure:

Four games time is a bit pessimistic of them, they could open up a 10 point gap tomorrow.

However looking at our run of games till the end of February, win at their place and that gap could narrow significantly.

One hell of an if though, we have a poor record at the CCS and they have the best home record in the league.

http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=4624&page=97

The Boro match thread was decent, they seem a good bunch (although having seen otib and millwalls forum recently they are bound to)

Been on there a bit the last couple of days, they are really sound on there to be fair. Very honest and not the usual tripe spouted by oppo fans.

(Today 11:40 PM) stubbzy69 [19]

Nugent is the worst forward Ive ever seen and is *** average too say the least just his service is excellent!!!

For somebody average he's scored some absolute stunning goals for us and tonight's no exception. You know they're only jealous when people start spouting rubbish like that

(Today 11:40 PM) stubbzy69 [19]

Nugent is the worst forward Ive ever seen and is *** average too say the least just his service is excellent!!!

I know there are some ****** around but it's hard to believe that's a genuine quote.

How can he be the worst forward he's ever seen and average lol

Edited by Kitchandro