Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Oh dear little old Watford giving it the acid mouth. There is no delusion like self delusion.

Mind you I would not mind them coming up through the playoffs that would be six points in the bank for us even before the season kicked off.

32934329.jpg

Wait... hold on a minute.

Just so I can be clear, someone on this forum starts a thread crying about Watford and all their loans in which a few people spout off that it's not fair, etc. One of their fans reads this, links it on their website and a few of them grumble about it and wish ill of us.

So THEY'RE the bitter ones?

• Like 2

How did AKCJ end up with over 8'000 posts on a Hull board??? And why is he a moderator??? :blink:

That's Lamby's plan on here I think. So long as it doesn't involved moderating on a Saturday

How did AKCJ end up with over 8'000 posts on a Hull board??? And why is he a moderator??? :blink:

Because it's not just a Hull board, there's a Leicester section which I assume he is moderator of.

Originally Posted by kevin

No comparison

They are million miles better than us

They're not.

But what they did do, was realise they'd made a mistake in binning off Pearson and brought him back to finish what he started. They then left him alone to build his side and look where they are now.

Much like Cardiff; appointing McKay and letting him build a team. Much like Middlesborough, appointing Tony Mowbray and letting him build a team.

Anyone see the pattern?

What a crumpet that poster is. Nothing like being bitter.

No comparison

They're not.

But what they did do, was realise they'd made a mistake in binning off Pearson and brought him back to finish what he started. They then left him alone to build his side and look where they are now.

Much like Cardiff; appointing McKay and letting him build a team. Much like Middlesborough, appointing Tony Mowbray and letting him build a team.

Anyone see the pattern?

I thought that was quite a reasonable post...

No comparison

They're not.

Anyone see the pattern?

Seen this gimp post about us before.

He generally unleashes an embittered diatribe about us, dripping with deep seated loathing, then signs off with 'they aren't even our rivals' or 'we don't even care about them' or 'we only hate Derby.'

Absolute Forest stereotype. This is actually by far the most complimentary post he's ever brought himself to write about us.

Edited by Bilo

Seen this gimp post about us before.

He generally unleashes an embittered diatribe about us, dripping with deep seated loathing, then signs off with 'they aren't even our rivals' or 'we don't even care about them' or 'we only hate Derby.'

Absolute Forest stereotype. This is actually by far the most complimentary post he's ever brought himself to write about us.

Wow. What is it with some people :/

not606 is a multi club forum, i'm moderator on the Leicester section of it with two other people.

We need more posters really.

No comparison

They're not.

Anyone see the pattern?

He's not really wrong though is he?

I'm sure that if they brought someone like Billy Davies back, who like him or not, built a pretty strong side there, then they would be challenging in and around the top six. That poster is just recognising that we're where we are because we got a good manager and let him build a side, not because we spent however much money, or because we have better fans or any other rubbish like that, it's because we've got the right people in charge of the football team and recruiting players into the football team. I find it difficult to disagree with anything he has said.

• Like 1

No comparison

They're not.

Anyone see the pattern?

Funnily enough I couldn't agree with him more. Stability with someone with a degree of managerial competence will get you out of this league eventually.

Then again I laugh when he says "they're not", we're the best side in the East Midlands by a distance and that's indisputable.

Edited by Dan LCFC