Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just reading the Nottingham Forest forum and by good they've got a lot of optimistic/ deluded people signed up on that forum.

LTLF

I have an account there, there's a slight problem with it though

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Edited by Manwell Pablo

What on earth did you do?!

Went on the biggest wind up ever on a Friday afternoon as I was bored at work. To say I got about 50 bites would be a under statement. 

Try some of the Watford lot:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?50454-The-final-run-in

I suppose he was trying to be reasonable.

Most def wasn't reasonable lol

Went on the biggest wind up ever on a Friday afternoon as I was bored at work. To say I got about 50 bites would be a under statement. 

Just tried my account, bugger the buggers banned me. When I try to log in it links back here to our Hobbs thread where I said I was going on the wind up to their forum.  :D  That flagman bloke was a right chump of a keyboard warrior. 

I think it's mainly because we have a number of young players who haven't made a name for themselves yet. People want to comment, but they don't really have a clue about those players' ability, so they just assume the few famous names we have are responsible for our league position. These are the pitfalls of commenting on a club that's not the one you follow - you're not going to know half as much as the supporters of that club, so you'll always seem ignorant to them.

Pretty much what I was trying to say. I bet Burnley fans at times will be the same when people talk of only Vokes & Ings for their form when it's quite clear that two forwards alone won't get you that high.

I've always thought the gems are often the less obvious players who seem to be regulars in successful sides. I don't think the majority of neutrals in this league appreciate just how good the likes of Drinkwater, De Laet, James and Vardy are. They'd all get into nearly any side and I'm confident in that. We ain't top by chance.

How could you??

To be honest I was fairly well humored at points early on, I thought a few of them might click when I told them their two European cups paled in comparison to us lifting the Westerby Cup on over 20 times but no, they all took at face value and went mad. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Just reading the Nottingham Forest forum and by good they've got a lot of optimistic/ deluded people signed up on that forum.

To be fair, they've gone 11 games unbeaten, it's understandable.

I love Hornetboy1 on the Watford forum:

I know most would write us off against Leicester, but I think that's to our advantage. Leicester have won 9 on the trot, so 10 is a formality surely? Well, it never seems to go like that, especially in the Championship. These runs will always come to an end at some point, and why not against a resurgent Watford? I see Watford as a very dangerous team for an opponent to play right now.

"Resurgent"? After one win in five? lol

To be honest I was fairly well humored at points early on, I thought a few of them might click when I told them their two European cups paled in comparison to us lifting the Westerby Cup on over 20 times but no, they all took at face value and went mad. 

Does the thread still exist or has it been deleted?

Just tried my account, bugger the buggers banned me. When I try to log in it links back here to our Hobbs thread where I said I was going on the wind up to their forum.  :D  That flagman bloke was a right chump of a keyboard warrior. 

They got so annoyed with me it was hilarious, they a) changed my user name to Big Gay Leicester Fan, which I think was meant to wind me up, I instead embraced this new alias and made it my own, they then tried editing my posts to say things like I'm gay (bravo boys). When I kept on going and when they got really wound up they used the e-mail account I registered with to find my facebook account and started posting pictures of me on the forum and tried to take the piss (and the cnuts blew my face up to be twice the size of what it is so I looked fat) thinking that would get rid of me lol but that all got batted back as well and they were about crying. They eventually admitted defeat and just banned me.

Does the thread still exist or has it been deleted?

I don't know, it was about Wes Morgan. The link should be in this thread somewhere

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

To be fair, they've gone 11 games unbeaten, it's understandable.

Well according to a lot of them, Andy Reid is the best player in the entire league, Forest play better football than us, a few of them think they'll catch us in the league.

But they are doing something a lot better than we would ever do.... Have a Fawaz day.

They got so annoyed with me it was hilarious, they a) changed my user name to Big Gay Leicester Fan, which I think was meant to wind me up, I instead embraced this new alias and made it my own, they then tried editing my posts to say things like I'm gay (bravo boys). When I kept on going and when they got really wound up they used the e-mail account I registered with to find my facebook account and started posting pictures of me on the forum and tried to take the piss (and the cnuts blew my face up to be twice the size of what it is so I looked fat) thinking that would get rid of me lol but that all got batted back as well and they were about crying. They eventually admitted defeat and just banned me.

I don't know, it was about Wes Morgan. The link should be in this thread somewhere

I need to find this thread!

Isn't that a breach of your rights, if they use your email address like that? I'm pretty sure when you sign up to things they normally have to state in their terms and conditions that they will not give out your e-mail address or personal details.

Reid is a very decent player but would he walk into our side?

The laughable one is when they claim Lansbury would (ignorance at its finest) and that Morgan wouldn't get in their side lol

Isn't that a breach of your rights, if they use your email address like that? I'm pretty sure when you sign up to things they normally have to state in their terms and conditions that they will not give out your e-mail address or personal details.

Yep I thought that.

Yeah I could of done them for it but I really wasn't that fussed. 

I know you're not saying I'm wrong. They let the racist comments as they were posted by Watford fans, the mods are there to stop opposition fans trolling I assume.

Probably not if you are posting your sig on a new account. I mod on TSR and we have it set so links/images on new accounts are put in a premod queue to catch spambots