Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

my wifes family are all 'notts forrest' ;-) and if I hear oh that was another lucky last minute winner.. fcuk sake... they beat bottom of the league and a premier league yoof team.

now then.... father in law never talks football. . but all of a sudden. .. its only way is down now... gritting teeth!!!!

I wouldn't totally rule Forest out, I know it will take a monumental turnaround and I'm naturally cautious but I'd prefer them to be way back. I'm sure it's Davies that's the main problem for me, when O'Driscoll was there they didn't offend me that much at all, and Hux will want us to do well anyway :D

I did say Bolton would win the league though :doh:

I find them hilarious, watching their fans on twitter "we've got the best team and squad in the league" after signing two players who were already playing for them, some non entity striker, a CB who won't even play, and a fairly decent left back. I'm not really sure Fox would have a made a 16 point difference much less. lol

i would like to see burnley go up, think they are a good, hardworking, honest team. Didn't think they could keep up consistent form at the start of the season but they have surprised me numerous times. was cheering them on vs QPR. I can't stand some of the blind arrogance of some leeds, forest or QPR fans, wouldn't mind them staying down. would like to see Borough get through via play offs too. 

People seem to forget that Nottingham is a two-club city. In my experience, and this is totally anecdotal and not in the least bit scientific, County fans are decent enough folk, while Forest generally attracts the kn0bs.

I could say the same for any city with multiple clubs - give me a Man City fan over an Man Utd. fan anyday, or a Sunderland fan over a Newcastle one. I'm currently living a stone's throw from Bramall Lane, but I've yet to decide which fans I prefer in Sheffield. United fans probably pip it so far - Wednesday fans seem to suffer the same delusions of billy big boll0x grandeur that Forest and Leeds do, from the few that I've met on this side of the city.

I reckon that the only reason we have tried to so hard to stay within FFP is to fvck over Forest, basically they are spending like there are no restrictions, because they don't think it will hold up. If every club in the league did that then it would be impossible to sanction them all...

...but if the champions of the league stayed within FFP it would be justification and validation for the whole thing, and anyone (Forest/QPR) arguing about FFP being unfair the Football League can just say look at Leicester they stayed within the regulations and won the league, now take your punishment like men.

Totally agree.

CPF you're the man.

• Like 1

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/2/3/5373738/championship-promotion-premier-league-contenders-odds?

Like they're our regular 90 minute a game players well 1/5.

Leicester City

The surprising runaway favourites as Nigel Pearson has managed to finally turn a team that have been threatening promotion for a long time into an unstoppable winning machine. It'll come at the right time too, as without promotion they'll likely lose several players to expiring contracts, among them goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.

There's still a way to go, but it'll take a pretty hefty collapse now for Leicester to fail, something that all available evidence suggests is very unlikely.

Odds: 3/5

Would they be nice to have around?

Well, possibly. Anthony Knockaert is not quite the second coming of Eric Cantona that his 'Brace of the Century' of yesteryear suggested, but he's undoubtedly an interesting and exciting player that would be good to have in the Premier League. Riyad Mahrez also looks like he could be one to watch. The rest, however is a team of Championship lifers. Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Sean St. Ledger, Kevin Philips, David Nugent, Dean Hammond ... investment from the owners could well make them easier on the eye but this is not the most exciting team in the division.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/2/3/5373738/championship-promotion-premier-league-contenders-odds?

I posted a surprisingly polite response to this load of bollocks, pointing out that we have the third-youngest squad in the whole football league. He really is a ****.

If you're completely, and I mean completely, ignorant of a subject then why would you even attempt to write about it?

We all have our opinions on stuff we don't completely understand, but putting this up as a piece of quasi-journalism is pathetic. He's entitled to his opinions about who he wants in the Premier League, but some of the stuff he has written is plain stupid or wrong.

We are Leicester

Super Leicester

No-one knows anything about us

Because they can't be bothered to do some basic research

We are Leicester

Super Leicester

Leicester Tigers

From Welford Road

We are Leicester

Super Leicester

We've got loads of debt

And really expensive players

We are Leicester

Super Leicester

We get loads of penalties

Because we dive

We are Leicester

Super Leicester

Forest are better than us

Because they're fifth

P

People seem to forget that Nottingham is a two-club city. In my experience, and this is totally anecdotal and not in the least bit scientific, County fans are decent enough folk, while Forest generally attracts the kn0bs.

I could say the same for any city with multiple clubs - give me a Man City fan over an Man Utd. fan anyday, or a Sunderland fan over a Newcastle one. I'm currently living a stone's throw from Bramall Lane, but I've yet to decide which fans I prefer in Sheffield. United fans probably pip it so far - Wednesday fans seem to suffer the same delusions of billy big boll0x grandeur that Forest and Leeds do, from the few that I've met on this side of the city.

You do know Sunderland and Newcastle are completely different cities?

I wouldn't get worked up over it.  He was so busy dredging the internet for anything at all to write about these football teams he knows nothing about that when he got to Reading he was too tired to notice that he left the pronunciation guide in the text he lifted straight from wikipedia.

Stupid journalism with an even stupider man behind it if he's willing to chuck out a load of random words on a topic he's clearly out of the loop on.