Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

4 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Think Haye for me is a classic case of "the boy who cried wolf" and the consequences of that for him are inescapable now. Even though it's clear he has genuine injury problems, due to him wasting much of his peak years, there's only so much sympathy he can garner.

His habit of cancelling fights through injury goes all the way back to the Setanta Sports days when he pulled out of a fight with Vitali Klitschko, supposedly with a back injury, only to set up a fight against the much poorer Valuev. Obviously he won that fight but it was the start for me of his performances being unsatisfying due to the fact that they didn't live up to the trash talk. Then you had the terrible fight with John Ruiz - a guy Lewis declined to fight years before due to how boring he was!! Then Audley Harrison, etc, etc, etc..The severed head t-shirt of Wlad and his brother also just served to make Haye look even more of a fool after he lost that fight.. Also, he was never the most active of fighters in his prime. I remember him only having 3 fights in 2 years between 2009 - 2011 FFS!!

I know it sounds a little harsh, and I always wanted to like Haye. But something in me has always found him a very cynical individual, with the gift of the gab. Perfect for charming the casual fans and he did.

Think it wasn't a great advert for either guy really. Bellew was seriously gassing himself, trying to finish off a badly injured man who couldn't even plant his feet to punch back.... Just hope Haye retires now. He'll get badly, badly hurt vs Joshua - who the jury is still out on for me. Even Parker would be too much at this stage.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Haye is now surely finished.

And Bellew....unbelievably gassed wasn't he. I thought it was gonna go the distance.

I enjoyed watching the end of David haye last night ,he was made to look bang average or worse but a guy he said he could knock out when he chose to.

The thing is he was a elite level fighter 10 years ago he just wanted one last big pay day. He is not ppv fighter now he was conning the public time to retire. 

19 minutes ago, tetly said:

I enjoyed watching the end of David haye last night ,he was made to look bang average or worse but a guy he said he could knock out when he chose to.

The thing is he was a elite level fighter 10 years ago he just wanted one last big pay day. He is not ppv fighter now he was conning the public time to retire. 

I think most boxers would look bang average if they had an injury tbf. Bellew should have detroyed him considering what happened & still didn't. He says hes a lion, if a lion injures a buffalo it doesn't stop until the jobs over.

Edited by shawy2510

Bellew isnt a Heavyweight so fighting with 10 pounds plus more than usual absolutely gassed him by the 6th.

From then on it was just a case of whether Bellew could find the energy for a coordinated attack and in the end he finally managed it.

That really showed how difficult it is to carry that weight and him talkimg about another HW fight is ridiculous.

Just watched the fight again 

haven't a clue what either are doing on PPV 

haye is now one dimensional ... looking for the big knock out 

and the bomber couldn't bomb a bath at heavyweight 

Cant see the rematch being on PPV as all the nasty vibes are gone now and the non tripe element limits appeal 

I think Haye should retire 

But he won't ..... he will see the rematch as another payday and he will pray he wins 

bellew will have to go back to cruiser 

he could beat Parker but I can't see Hearn stumping up the cash to make that happen after he couldn't finish off a one legged washed up fighter 

Hughie fury and bellew would be a decent British contest but bellew hanging around at heavyweight is not a clever idea .... he will get hurt eventually 

Haye was 100% on top by the time the injury came and the injury was 100% limiting 

but the fight public has had enough of his guff 

both need to step away form heavyweight fighting 

Edited by GaelicFox
  • Like 1

Just now, GaelicFox said:

and the bomber couldn't bomb a bath ! 

Cant see the rematch being on PPV as all the nasty vibes are gone now and the non tripe element limits appeal 

But he won't ..... he will see the rematch as another payday and he will pray he wins 

he could beat Parker but I can't see Hearn stumping up the cash to make that happen after he couldn't finish off a one legged washed up fighter 

Hughie fury and bellew would be a decent British contest but bellew hanging around at heavyweight is not a clever idea .... he will get hurt eventually 

Haye was 100% on top by the time the injury came and the injury was 100% limiting 

Bellew stepped up to heavyweight and got away with it. No chance is he stopping there unless he gets another huge pay day.

I don't think there will be a rematch myself.

10 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Happy to go through the fights and rounds in Tony's career (regardless of this fight) as to why I believe he is a bang average fighter.

You do realise boxing existed before matchroom right?

@foxfanazer Jesus did I really come out with this!? lollol 

I apologise now, I was a few shandy's down and licking my wounds after a losing a few quid on the fight lol 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

This.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

I'm no boxing buff by any means and you seem to know your stuff but how was Haye on top before the injury? 

I had Bellew 2 or 3 rounds up and I'm sure Froch and the other commentator did too. To me it looked like Bellew could see everything Haye was throwing and was finding it easy to avoid getting hit. The problem for Bellew was he just didn't have the power to properly blow him away. And his fitness wasn't there

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm no boxing buff by any means and you seem to know your stuff but how was Haye on top before the injury? 

I had Bellew 2 or 3 rounds up and I'm sure Froch and the other commentator did too. To me it looked like Bellew could see everything Haye was throwing and was finding it easy to avoid getting hit. The problem for Bellew was he just didn't have the power to properly blow him away. And his fitness wasn't there

On top I mean he had taken control of fight was just starting to land and trouble 

Your correct he was behind on the cards but not by much but he was going to win in my opinion. 

But we will never know 

a win would mean would have had to suffer his rubbish again 

so in a way all is good now 

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He wasnt that far ahead.  I'd say it was one of those fights that could probably have gone either way score wise at that point.

I would say that up until the injury, none of Haye's claims about his ability looked to be true.  He was windmilling alot and looking pretty stupid with it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

in an interview a couple weeks back haye was bragging he doesn't need to train, thinking he's too good for him & instead sips champagne on the beach.

i knew at that moment he was going to lose, hard work beats talent.

He trained like a devil 

he was ripped to shreds

Ge got to the 11th round ,on one leg for previous 4 rounds and he was still trading in 11th 

he said all that shit to lull bellew into believing it 

No injury he was knocking bellew out 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

On top I mean he had taken control of fight was just starting to land and trouble 

Your correct he was behind on the cards but not by much but he was going to win in my opinion. 

But we will never know 

a win would mean would have had to suffer his rubbish again 

so in a way all is good now 

Oh sorry mate I misunderstood. Yeah I think he'd have gone on to win without the injury but he's made himself look stupid pretty fight by basically saying Bellew wasn't fit to be in the same ring as him.

I know it's all part of it but his prediction of outclassing him and smashing him in the first few rounds must have been brovado because even in the first round it was clear he didn't really believe it

5 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He wasnt that far ahead.  I'd say it was one of those fights that could probably have gone either way score wise at that point.

I would say that up until the injury, none of Haye's claims about his ability looked to be true.  He was windmilling alot and looking pretty stupid with it.

The pundits on the BBC had only given Bellew one round before Haye did his ankle.

6 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Round 4 and 5 Haye was boxing and bellew didn't have much response 

I actually thought 6 or 7 was the end for Bellew 

then the rest is injury history 

but your right Haye's claims were bullshite he is finished and was finished at the top level 5 years ago now 

thats obvious now