Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

9/2 

it was 7/1 in most bookies 

even when you win ....you lose 

lol 

Joking well done good call 

Aye. Edited it. 17/2 with 365

All I know is a tenner made a very unexpected 90

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Bellew is having none of Haye again...Haye was beginning to beat him up and was only heading one way.  

Bellew will dine out on this for the rest of his career.

Ya but psychologically Haye is ruined now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Via twitter but made me lol

"This is the greatest Scouser vs one leg battle since Paul McCartney and Heather Mills had that acrimonious divorce"

lol 

Joshua could fight Haye and Bellew together at the same time and still win. Joshua is different class and a genuine world class fighter. Haye and Bellew have no future at the top of heavyweight boxing. Leave it to the big boys.

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Joshua could fight Haye and Bellew together at the same time and still win. Joshua is different class and a genuine world class fighter. Haye and Bellew have no future at the top of heavyweight boxing. Leave it to the big boys.

True 

no one for Joshua now 

wilder is a joke , Parker is a joke 

Joshua rules for years now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Ya but psychologically Haye is ruined now 

Hmm I don't think psychologically he's done.  He knows he was winning the fight comfortably before the injury.

The issue is his body, it appears to be well and truly shot to me.  This could be another year out through surgery which will mean he's had one meaningful fight in what four years?  He'll be 37.  Sad as I am a big fan who thinks he never fulfilled his true potential but I think Haye is done now.  

Fair play to Bellew, he knows his place in the grand scheme of things. Not sure where he goes next but his honesty has grown on me and I've warmed to him. Haye can do one though. Finished as a professional boxer for me..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Hmm I don't think psychologically he's done.  He knows he was winning the fight comfortably before the injury.

The issue is his body, it appears to be well and truly shot to me.  This could be another year out through surgery which will mean he's had one meaningful fight in what four years?  He'll be 37.  Sad as I am a big fan who thinks he never fulfilled his true potential but I think Haye is done now.  

It is sad. I was Hayes biggest fan but he's blown it now. The fame and fortune went to his head and he lost his edge. One of the all time great cruiser weighs but he fvcked it up at heavy weight. Time to retire gracefully now. He had the speed and physiche but was never properly dedicated for me. Could have been a legend in the game but got distracted. Real shame..

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It is sad. I was Hayes biggest fan but he's blown it now. The fame and fortune went to his head and he lost his edge. One of the all time great cruiser weighs but he fvcked it up at heavy weight. Time to retire gracefully now. He had the speed and physiche but was never properly dedicated for me. Could have been a legend in the game but got distracted. Real shame..

I think that's harsh, aside from being jabbed to death by the much larger Klitchsko, Haye's record was stellar.  Injuries have well and truly done it for him though.  Physically he can't come back from this.  

Looks to me like he was throwing wild bombs early on in the fight to finish it as soon as he could because he knew his body was going to go pop at any moment.  I think this is why he wasn't talking it up after the fight, he knew this was going to happen.  So better to behave graciously and win the plaudits for fighting on into the later rounds with one leg. 

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

His problem is his mouth. But he needs it to make money these days.

i dunno who much you can read into tonight. Bellew was superb from round 1 but had haye up when his injury occurred. And if it's an Achilles tenant snap then I'm in aure. I doubt it is though as a normal person wouldn't be able to stand. I know he has form for blaming defeat on injury, but that's was most definitely not the case you tonight you'd have to be an idiot to think he put that on and more than happy to get into specifics with anyone who thinks otherwise.

watching live it was some fight, with the knowledge Hayes leg went perhaps not so much. This is not to take anything away from Tony who was a round down when it occurred and looking good in the round when it did go. 

Wilder a step too far for Tony, but as far as the division is concerned though it shows haye is past threatening at world level I think Joshua, if he can get past wlad, could potentially build one of the greatest heavy weight legacys in history in this current crop. Wilder and him would be interesting but that's about it, everyone else is getting put down.

Thinking about this more.  I absolutely cannot believe Shane McGuigan didn't pull his man out.  The whole world and his wife saw that Haye was in no fit state to continue.  Pull him out with Haye comfortably winning the fight and demand a rematch or walk away into the sunset.

Instead his lack of experience means he froze and the undignified and embarrassing end was never in doubt.

Very sad end for a man who reinvigorated British boxing and the Heavyweight division.  

Edited by BlueSi13

13 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Thinking about this more.  I absolutely cannot believe Shane McGuigan didn't pull his man out.  The whole world and his wife saw that Haye was in no fit state to continue.  Pull him out with Haye comfortably winning the fight and demand a rematch or walk away into the sunset.

Instead his lack of experience means he froze and the undignified and embarrassing end was never in doubt.

Very sad end for a man who reinvigorated British boxing and the Heavyweight division.  

tbf even with one leg through rounds 7/8/9 bellew nearly swung himself to bed. 

obviously with hindsight he should've stopped it as soon as he got to the corner and tried to cellotape his ankle back together. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

obviously with hindsight he should've stopped it as soon as he got to the corner and tried to cellotape his ankle back together. 

Exactly...no idea what McGuigan was trying to achieve :huh:

BBC reporting Haye due to have surgery in next few hours.

29 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Shane in his defence was over heard saying something along the lines of the games up we've got to throw the towel in and haye insisted they carry on.

Bellews actions words both point towards a man more interested in money than legacy and for a fighter of his ability you can't say fairer really. He got a good match up for his belt and landed on with haye, he wasn't getting a POV headline with literally any other boxer in his weight class. It would not surprise me in the slightest if the match room  golden boy negotiations begin soon, bellew a perfect opponent for him now, another routine win but the bloke from the rocky films who laid out David haye will make for a bigger promotion than the usual also rans when it comes to top level boxing.

Haye needs to hang his gloves up.

Numerous he's pulled out of fights with injurys, a few times he's gone into the ring with injuries and those few times he's lost.

He was onto a loser either way, fair play for putting up the fight he did but he's still a fraud and David Haye 1.0, 2.0 doesn't matter, it's time to finish.

Edited by Matt

Think Haye for me is a classic case of "the boy who cried wolf" and the consequences of that for him are inescapable now. Even though it's clear he has genuine injury problems, due to him wasting much of his peak years, there's only so much sympathy he can garner.

His habit of cancelling fights through injury goes all the way back to the Setanta Sports days when he pulled out of a fight with Vitali Klitschko, supposedly with a back injury, only to set up a fight against the much poorer Valuev. Obviously he won that fight but it was the start for me of his performances being unsatisfying due to the fact that they didn't live up to the trash talk. Then you had the terrible fight with John Ruiz - a guy Lewis declined to fight years before due to how boring he was!! Then Audley Harrison, etc, etc, etc..The severed head t-shirt of Wlad and his brother also just served to make Haye look even more of a fool after he lost that fight.. Also, he was never the most active of fighters in his prime. I remember him only having 3 fights in 2 years between 2009 - 2011 FFS!!

I know it sounds a little harsh, and I always wanted to like Haye. But something in me has always found him a very cynical individual, with the gift of the gab. Perfect for charming the casual fans and he did.

Think it wasn't a great advert for either guy really. Bellew was seriously gassing himself, trying to finish off a badly injured man who couldn't even plant his feet to punch back.... Just hope Haye retires now. He'll get badly, badly hurt vs Joshua - who the jury is still out on for me. Even Parker would be too much at this stage.

Edited by Kendal Fox