Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

15 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Watched a re-run of the Ruiz/Joshua fight earlier. First time I’ve actually watched it ! Joshua was so easy to hit and doesn’t take a punch at all well. If Ruiz hasn’t gone down the route of past heavyweight shock champions ( Leon Spinks, Buster Douglas etc ), l see a similar outcome. 

The fight isn't worth watching from Round 3 on wards as Joshua doesn't know what day of the week it is. The Temple shot did for him and it's a bit of a wonder he went on as long as he did. He never got close to recovering.

Having seen plenty of Ruiz before this saga began my opinion hasn't really changed from the first fight, that is while Ruiz is a game and live opponent I'd rate his chances of winning as very slim, he's a proper boxer and throws great combinations in close, but lacks reach height and whilst has knock out potential (like nearly all heavy weights) he lacks deadly punching power. He caught Joshua cold going in for a Knock out and his chances of him being given another such opening have greatly deteriorated, well they should of done at least if McCracken has done his job properly. Add to that the fact he's had six months living the life, Joshua has had 6 months simmering about losing and presumably has been preparing for this fight harder than he has for any other since potentially the Klitschko fight. and he has actually prepared for Andy Ruiz this time not Jarrel Miller. One thing that has been seriously exposed about Joshua is he can't adapt, he gets sent in with a game plan cooked up by his team and executes it implementing bits of advice given in the corner in between rounds, and I don't think they prepared properly last time due to lack of time and potentially a bit of respect.

That said he's obviously capable of pulling it off as he's done it already, will be an interesting fight. 

• Like 2

Not really that in to Boxing, but what are people's thoughts on the fight being in Saudi Arabia?

Seems like a case of sportswashing to cover for the countless human rights violations etc over there. Even just this morning Steve Bunce was on the radio talking about what a wonderful nation it is. 

Edited by David Guiza

On 04/12/2019 at 13:39, Manwell Pablo said:

The fight isn't worth watching from Round 3 on wards as Joshua doesn't know what day of the week it is. The Temple shot did for him and it's a bit of a wonder he went on as long as he did. He never got close to recovering.

Having seen plenty of Ruiz before this saga began my opinion hasn't really changed from the first fight, that is while Ruiz is a game and live opponent I'd rate his chances of winning as very slim, he's a proper boxer and throws great combinations in close, but lacks reach height and whilst has knock out potential (like nearly all heavy weights) he lacks deadly punching power. He caught Joshua cold going in for a Knock out and his chances of him being given another such opening have greatly deteriorated, well they should of done at least if McCracken has done his job properly. Add to that the fact he's had six months living the life, Joshua has had 6 months simmering about losing and presumably has been preparing for this fight harder than he has for any other since potentially the Klitschko fight. and he has actually prepared for Andy Ruiz this time not Jarrel Miller. One thing that has been seriously exposed about Joshua is he can't adapt, he gets sent in with a game plan cooked up by his team and executes it implementing bits of advice given in the corner in between rounds, and I don't think they prepared properly last time due to lack of time and potentially a bit of respect.

That said he's obviously capable of pulling it off as he's done it already, will be an interesting fight. 

I think of Wilder or Fury would have taken that shot, they’d both have gone as well. It was a freak win. AJ, like you say was completely disorientated! 

Having seen Ruiz in other fights, he’s solid, has great hands but I just don’t think he’s any better than the level below the best, along with the likes of Parker, Miller, Rivas, Ortiz, Povetkin and Kosnacki.

I still believe the top 4 are still Wilder, Fury, Whyte and Joshua. Even Whyte is debatable, he needs a crack and people need to stop dodging him. 

I’m not sure where Usyk, Joyce and Dubois fit in right now. Only time will tell! 

• Like 1

On 01/12/2019 at 16:15, Kendal Fox said:

Looking at the footage of Ruiz on Sky today, he doesn't look to have lost a significant amount of weight if any. Not that he really needs to as he's obviously used to being the size he is, but you'd think a 20 pound drop would benefit his stamina and mobility, especially as AJ is clearly lighter now.

That said, unless they've held a gun to his head (in a metaphorical sense), still think he has a good chance of winning again.

Ruiz has gained 15lbs and Joshua has lost 10

Ruiz is now over 20 stones. that’s got to slow him down surely...

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Ruiz has gained 15lbs and Joshua has lost 10

Ruiz is now over 20 stones. that’s got to slow him down surely...

Yes, unless he had some weights in his pockets and footwear to play mind games, he's going to be carrying even more weight over what is already excess weight. There has to be a cut off point somewhere.

53 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Yes, unless he had some weights in his pockets and footwear to play mind games, he's going to be carrying even more weight over what is already excess weight. There has to be a cut off point somewhere.

The only possible positive outcome from the weight gain is that he’s carrying more muscle... but still... 20 stones is a huge weight to carry for 12 rounds... i can only guess he’s planning for an early round KO

20 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

His speeds in his hands so I'd not be too concerned on that score.

That is fat though, even for him, he not been that fat since the start of his career. Would love to know thinking behind it if it was done on purpose. Not good if it was unintentional.

i didn’t see the weigh-in. could it be muscle gain?

2 hours ago, MPH said:

i didn’t see the weigh-in. could it be muscle gain?

Doubtful. Of course there could be decent muscle beneath all that body fat.

But he didn't take his top off - which was black - and you could still see he was very chubby.

Think he might be ok in the early going, though will still be at a footspeed disadvantage - but if the fight is a drawn out affair, will be surprised if he doesn't slow down to simply walking around the ring and breathing heavily!

If that happens, as Chris alludes to, very poor thinking on the part of his team.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Guest BlueBrett

Don't mind AJ but prefer Ruiz and hope he can do it again.

The extent of his weight gain is quite shocking though. Not sure what to make of it. Too many celebratory tacos or a deliberate attempt to carry more power as he claims? 

Joshua too looks so much less imposing at his new weight. Is he going to have enough authority in his jab to stop Ruiz getting inside? Can't see it to be honest.

I feel like after the first couple of feeling out rounds this could turn into an out and out brawl and pretty much come down to who lands the first couple power shots in rounds 3-5. Makes me think it's almost a coin flip fight.

Guest BlueBrett
18 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Not really that in to Boxing, but what are people's thoughts on the fight being in Saudi Arabia?

Seems like a case of sportswashing to cover for the countless human rights violations etc over there. Even just this morning Steve Bunce was on the radio talking about what a wonderful nation it is. 

Why should boxing promoters even give this a second thought when the government is happy to do muti-billion pound deals for oil and guns and our universities are actively competing to recruit their youth so they can extort international student fees out of them? If the politicians and academic institutions are falling over themselves to cash in it seems a bit ridiculous to expect boxing to randomly be the ones to take a moral stand.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know it's early, very early but absolutely no atmosphere at all. 

Never is this time in the card not saying we are in store for a memorable night in that regard.

hopefully Majidov gets rid of Tom quickly and we can get on with it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

So gonna keep score on what’s more shitty Saudi Arabia or boxing tonight.

1-1 at the moment, shameless “this is not an advertisement” holiday program about Saudi Arabia halfway through a boxing card for SA. Hrgovic rabbit punching Molina non stop all fight  including the ko punch without any action being taken for boxing 👀