Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On 04/11/2019 at 20:10, Kendal Fox said:

Well, I realise it was probably the most jaded version of Kovalev to date but I still thought he would throw more caution to the wind. Yes he was knocked out in the 11th, but part of the way he collapsed was from exhaustion - you could see that he simply didn't have the strength to get up, rather than he was flat on his back, out cold. Had he landed some heavy right hands earlier, Canelo may not have been able to land knock out punches later... Still, it went the way it was supposed to so all academic I guess.

Digressing but perhaps Golovkin's performances vs Canelo were better than advertised?! But, like Kovalev, he is way past his best and was originally supposed to face Canelo in 2015, only for Canelo to pull out. Doubt GGG wins in a 3rd fight now though.

Donaire Inoue ridiculously good fight, big credit to the old man in particular.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 19:23, Manwell Pablo said:

Live and let live for me, people want to see it more power to them, I’m certainly not staying up till 4am and paying £20 to watch it though.

I find it hilarious they have a top world champion in Billy Joe boxing on their under card though 😂

My interest in boxing is only just above zero but this fight has interested me. I dislike Logan as a character and I quite like JJ from when I used to watch his videos so I guess I have a vested interest. The boxing community is coming across as very elitist here and the exposure to a absolutely massive new generation of potential fans and participants is worth any downsides that people are trying to come up with. 

Both of them have trained like absolute animals, Logan's physique in particular is incredible. They have both been training with titans of the sport and in the training footage they look, at worst, competent boxers.

Hopefully there will be a knockout and some decent actual fighting to wake up to Sunday morning. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

My interest in boxing is only just above zero but this fight has interested me. I dislike Logan as a character and I quite like JJ from when I used to watch his videos so I guess I have a vested interest. The boxing community is coming across as very elitist here and the exposure to a absolutely massive new generation of potential fans and participants is worth any downsides that people are trying to come up with. 

Both of them have trained like absolute animals, Logan's physique in particular is incredible. They have both been training with titans of the sport and in the training footage they look, at worst, competent boxers.

Hopefully there will be a knockout and some decent actual fighting to wake up to Sunday morning. 

agree, people need to move with the times. i don't get why all these boxing snobs are angry at it? the build up has been quite entertaining. having said that i aint paying 10 quid and staying up till 4am to watch it lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Same here actually, I do hope JJ wins but wouldn't be surprised to see Logan win. Have to say I can't stand Logan's team, I've watched some of the build up and they come across as arrogant and thick in all honesty. 

I agree with your comment regards to the boxing community being arrogant, but, having seen the press conference you can see why they're a little annoyed. The pair haven't come out well from them, JJ wanting to talk boxing whereas Logan was all for just "trash talk". 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Same here actually, I do hope JJ wins but wouldn't be surprised to see Logan win. Have to say I can't stand Logan's team, I've watched some of the build up and they come across as arrogant and thick in all honesty. 

I agree with your comment regards to the boxing community being arrogant, but, having seen the press conference you can see why they're a little annoyed. The pair haven't come out well from them, JJ wanting to talk boxing whereas Logan was all for just "trash talk". 

Yeah Logan and his team are just everything that embodies Americans but about 100x worse. Arrogant, over the top, but hard workers. You can see in the press conferences that JJ wants it to be serious and Logan just wants to act the clown, which is a shame as apparently he is incredibly smart. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah Logan and his team are just everything that embodies Americans but about 100x worse. Arrogant, over the top, but hard workers. You can see in the press conferences that JJ wants it to be serious and Logan just wants to act the clown, which is a shame as apparently he is incredibly smart. 

No doubt they've worked incredibly hard, just the most infuriating people to watch and listen to. There probably is a decent bloke in there when he isn't playing to the camera; shame it's what he's always doing.

Eddie Hern was definitely getting sick of it, there's an interview of him saying the pair of them don't know enough about the sport and aren't showing it enough respect. Which I can see tbh. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

agree, people need to move with the times. i don't get why all these boxing snobs are angry at it? the build up has been quite entertaining. having said that i aint paying 10 quid and staying up till 4am to watch it lol

Because it isn't entertaining, it's absolute trash culture at its absolute worst. 

YouTube the world some if its most obnoxious and awful "celebrities" and watching two of them play at boxers just to revel in the shit banter, which is about the worst part of the sport, has been cringe worthy as ****. 

Logan Paul is about as boring a human being as you can find, there's literally nothing entertaining about being a brain dead edglord banter lad. 

I personally doubt this will bring a huge influx of fans to boxing, they'll just all move on to whatever LP and KSIs next wacky thing is afterwards. 

• Like 3

Yeah I dont get why people get so annoyed about it, just dont watch. They have the audience for it and they'll make a lot of money from it fair ****s to them. Only thing I do find depressing is people like BJS being on an undercard of a YouTube boxing event. Its mental that, that JJ fella has basically became a millionaire over calling Heskey a rapist. I dont really know much about the American fella 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I dont get why people get so annoyed about it, just dont watch. They have the audience for it and they'll make a lot of money from it fair ****s to them. Only thing I do find depressing is people like BJS being on an undercard of a YouTube boxing event. Its mental that, that JJ fella has basically became a millionaire over calling Heskey a rapist. I dont really know much about the American fella 

tbf those two(ksi and logan) have probably 10 times the following of BJS. like it or hate it. those two 'youtubers' fighting will generate  a lot more viewers than BJS. i can understand people being mad at it but they need to move with the times. 

Edited by don_danbury

10 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

. I dont really know much about the American fella 

He was an American vlogger, then decided to film/camp in the suicide forest in Japan whilst in an alien hat and laughed when they came across a body. This is him trying to make bigger headlines so people forget he did that 

10 hours ago, don_danbury said:

but they need to move with the times. 

You keep saying this but it’s not true.

The two things should be separate event, real boxing should not play second fiddle to this debacle. 
If you guys want to watch it, it’s up to you but don’t blend a real competition in with it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, don_danbury said:

tbf those two(ksi and logan) have probably 10 times the following of BJS. like it or hate it. those two 'youtubers' fighting will generate  a lot more viewers than BJS. i can understand people being mad at it but they need to move with the times. 

Oh yeah I'm not denying it, its just sad they're making the bulk of the money and not a legit world class boxer 

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Surely the American wins this, he looks huge.

I need to start picking up a camera more, have you seen how much money this pair earn from posting videos?

Not that i care about this fight but as someone was talking about it with me early and was showing me how much he’d buffed up 😂...... Too huge for me, and very surprised he’s the size he is given his general physique, muscles require oxygen.

Id say it’d be interesting to see how he carries it but nothing about this fight is interesting!

Edited by Manwell Pablo

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think he’d be better with one more but yeah that fights surely going to happen.

My worry is his motivation for another freshener , he dumped frank for that one fight and I think Eddie has to deliver it for him now , but I agree with you sensible thing would be a simple fight in UK 

• Like 1