Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Spent force Crolla, still time and he’s got every chance of winning No matter how bad he is because it’s his final fight in Manchester with Hearn judges (and my god are they Hearn judges), but this ain’t looking good. Surprised they didn’t give him more of a gimme fight tbh.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

98-92 on one judges card lol 

I mean you could disagree with that scorecard just by watching the first three rounds ffs.

I'm pleased for him as nice guy and gave a lot to British boxing but....just oh dear.

Edit: Andy Lee “he may of lost but who cares” lol yeah wonderful attitude 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Watching Canello last night was a little uncomfortable Anyone who has bulked up knows that to do what he Has done can’t believe done naturally , but saying that to Carry and increase your timing and power like that is scary , Canelo actively holds belts at middleweight, super-middle and now light-heavy Not sure that’s ever been achieved before 

it was a messy close brawl really , the old Russian looks well past his best but Canelo remember is winning a title at nearly 30 pounds above his first one , and there is a stone in weight between the 3 divisions he currently holds belts in ! 

where next but For Canelo , GGG ? GGG was unlucky not to win one of those but honestly I can’t see him coping with the Frankenstein that Canelo has become ? 

Loma and Crawford are in the running to be worlds best boxer, but at the moment Canelo stands on a different level to every active fighter 

couple of after points

Mayweather May just have been TBE 

Yarde Should go to America get a real coach and manager then become a world champion ! 

Edited by LinekersLugs

On 31/10/2019 at 09:01, lestajigs said:

Ffs its pathetic tbf, dont agree in him doing this at all, all about the money though hey

He's a scumbag. 

All the 'changed man' and 'demons' patter was just a cynicsl attempt to harvest the public trust. 

The bloke is a cash hungry knob. Its no surprise. 

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Watching Canello last night was a little uncomfortable Anyone who has bulked up knows that to do what he Has done can’t believe done naturally , but saying that to Carry and increase your timing and power like that is scary , Canelo actively holds belts at middleweight, super-middle and now light-heavy Not sure that’s ever been achieved before 

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I assume he must have been piss tested during his camp and pre/post fight though?

Even so, with his history I still can't really warm to the fella or fully respect his achievements.

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

it was a messy close brawl really , the old Russian looks well past his best but Canelo remember is winning a title at nearly 30 pounds above his first one , and there is a stone in weight between the 3 divisions he currently holds belts in ! 

where next but For Canelo , GGG ? GGG was unlucky not to win one of those but honestly I can’t see him coping with the Frankenstein that Canelo has become ? 

Loma and Crawford are in the running to be worlds best boxer, but at the moment Canelo stands on a different level to every active fighter 

couple of after points

Mayweather May just have been TBE 

Yarde Should go to America get a real coach and manager then become a world champion ! 

Didn’t look to carry it that well for me, looked laboured and wasn’t throwing anywhere near enough punches and had it gone to the cards I think he’d of been in trouble , but can’t fault the KO, brutal shots. Safe to say if he carried anything up it’s his power 😂 

Surely that’s it for Kovalev. Looks vulnerable to heavy head shots now. 

GGG an option but that fights past it’s sell by date, On recent evidence old Father Time seems to have caught up with Gennady. I can’t see him taking another fight at light heavy Bivol or Beterbiev would make light work of him on that showing.

Lomachenko is a better p4p fighter for me, difference isn’t he will take on anyone, Canelo is being very clever and selective.

Edit: Just seen the cards and will re phrase it, if he was anyone other than Canelo anywhere else but Las Vegas and it had gone to the scorecards, he’d of been in trouble, as obviously he was somehow up at the time of stoppage.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It absolutely is accurate. He took two years off on the gear and and just said 'demons', immediately absolved him. 

Think he quite clearly had a problem, bloke looked an utter mess and had an opportunity to make an absolute fortune getting back in the ring the Wlad but was unable to do so.

I was sceptical for a long time but I’ve seen enough to suggest he is genuine.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think he quite clearly had a problem, bloke looked an utter mess and had an opportunity to make an absolute fortune getting back in the ring the Wlad but was unable to do so.

I was sceptical for a long time but I’ve seen enough to suggest he is genuine.

Maybe I'm a dash more cynical then, but nothing I've seen makes me think otherwise. 

This wrestling thing...I thought his big aim was to make boxing respectable again? Or was it to prove he was hungry again? Or that he wanted to win something again? 

He says what people want to hear, and the IBC and so on didn't want to hear that he was wealthy, young, and having fun. He's a gypsy, let's not forgot, and without typecasting too broadly they're not known for their honesty and integrity. 

The reason he didn't get back in the ring with Wlad was because it would've ended his career in spite of a few sheckles.