Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Really glad Usyk has won. He’s a great character and a class warrior. 
AJ has been so hyped for too long and when pitted against anyone decent, he’s always struggled.

Hopefully AJ is over now.

Usyk v Fury is the fight that needs to happen.

Let's be honest it'd be a shocking fight, furys got about the same iq more agile and has the reach advantage, I don't even think Tyson would want to bother with it either.

Nice to see after some stinking decisions recently the "away" fighter being given the result he deserved, outstanding performance from Usyk.

Can see a rematch happening though if it's a contractually obliged thing.  Just can't think why AJ wouldn't take it up.  A nice payday for one and I also don't think people would think less of him if he lost again given how comprehensively he was beaten tonight.

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I hate this reaction of calling Joshua shit though. He’s got a fantastic resume, he’s just lost to a superior boxer.

I think I’m just about here too. He clearly isn’t shit. He was untouchable for a large period and was getting compared to Lewis. Usyk is unreal, as you say, and AJ isn’t getting any younger. He’s had his time in the sun, and he can blame his promoter for not having more show stopping fights up to now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Manini said:

I think I’m just about here too. He clearly isn’t shit. He was untouchable for a large period and was getting compared to Lewis. Usyk is unreal, as you say, and AJ isn’t getting any younger. He’s had his time in the sun, and he can blame his promoter for not having more show stopping fights up to now. 

I agree with this.. AJ definitely isn't shit and he has lost to an elite fighter in Usyk. However, AJ is 31 and theoretically should be entering the first stages of his prime, rather than 'not getting any younger.' I think we've just seen what happens when someone who is incredibly physically gifted but only starts training at an older age goes up against someone who has lived and breathed boxing his entire life

• Like 1

The Ruiz fight rumbled AJ because he lost that aura of invincibility he had. He does!n’t believe in his own chin and thats why his new style is to sit in behind his jab and box a style that completely nullifies all his natural abilities.

Take nothing away from Usyk, pound for pound great, i’ve got him, Canelo and Inoue in my top 3 pfp. 

Usyk wins the rematch too for me, only fighter i can see him struggling with is Fury due to size and reach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

Usyk v whyte would be a fun fight i reckon he deserves it as well.

Whyte would run him closer but thats because he’d turn it into a brawl.

A lot of people mock Chisora but he laid the blueprint, he‘s a hard nights work for any fighter. 

12 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

I agree with this.. AJ definitely isn't shit and he has lost to an elite fighter in Usyk. However, AJ is 31 and theoretically should be entering the first stages of his prime, rather than 'not getting any younger.' I think we've just seen what happens when someone who is incredibly physically gifted but only starts training at an older age goes up against someone who has lived and breathed boxing his entire life

Exactly, people look at the 19 pro fights that Usyk has had, but forget he's fought over 350 amateur fights. He's literally been fighting his entire adult life. On pure boxing ability, there's nobody better in the world.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Whyte would run him closer but thats because he’d turn it into a brawl.

A lot of people mock Chisora but he laid the blueprint, he‘s a hard nights work for any fighter. 

Yeah no one beats usyk trying to box him bar fury, like you say tho chisora showed us the way made him feel like little man i think sitting on his chest negates any sort of real power usyk has cos he likes weird angles or straight punches.