Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

2nd leg of the relegation/promotion encounter between Nuremberg and Frankfurt is on this evening, too.

Personally, I'd love to see Nuremberg back in the Bundesliga.

Inclined to agree. Would leave another big club in the 2 Bundesliga next year which, as a Bochum fan, I wouldn't be so happy about though.

Great fans Eintracht. Shame there'd be no Frankfurt derby next season if they do go down...

Inclined to agree. Would leave another big club in the 2 Bundesliga next year which, as a Bochum fan, I wouldn't be so happy about though.

Great fans Eintracht. Shame there'd be no Frankfurt derby next season if they do go down...

Well, FSV aren't really a 2. Bundesliga outfit. They've been pushing above their weight for quite some time now and historically speaking, are a 3. Liga outfit more than anything else. I remember them Regionalliga days...

I'd rather have Kickers Offenbach back. Them and Fortuna Köln. :D

England the only one of the 'big five' where the league and cup wasn't won by the same side.

It's all gotten far too predictable in Italy, France and Germany. Ligue 1 this season was an utter joke, biggest one horse race I've seen in football ever.

Edited by Dan LCFC

England the only one of the 'big five' where the league and cup wasn't won by the same side.

It's all gotten far too predictable in Italy, France and Germany. Ligue 1 this season was an utter joke, biggest one horse race I've seen in football ever.

What do you want to do about it? PSG are the richest club in the country, backed by wealthy Arabs based in Qatar. The rest of the league can only play catch-up and fight for the 2nd place trophy.

If money was more equally spread across the league or more decent and trustworthy investors found in France or abroad, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Unfortunately, Germany is moving in a similar direction, with Bayern trumping almost all other clubs in terms of spending, bar Dortmund maybe.

With the transfer of Hummels to their immediate rivals, it remains to be seen whether Borussia can recover from that loss and finally give the Bavarians a run for the title.

What do you want to do about it? PSG are the richest club in the country, backed by wealthy Arabs based in Qatar. The rest of the league can only play catch-up and fight for the 2nd place trophy.

If money was more equally spread across the league or more decent and trustworthy investors found in France or abroad, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Unfortunately, Germany is moving in a similar direction, with Bayern trumping almost all other clubs in terms of spending, bar Dortmund maybe.

With the transfer of Hummels to their immediate rivals, it remains to be seen whether Borussia can recover from that loss and finally give the Bavarians a run for the title.

Yeah, but their chances are kept as low as possible by Bayern. Götze, Lewandowski and now Hummels. It's the same story every year...

I'd personally take Italy out of that. Juve had a horrendous start and it was only from them having a near perfect middle season that they managed to claw back and win it. The majority of the top teams won considerably more points than they did last season; I think it's been fairly tight and fun to watch this year. Also tops to Higuain for breaking the Serie A goal scoring record.

There's nothing you can do about it. I'm just saying it's a farce, which it is.

The transfer carousel keeps on turning:

Miralem Pjanic to Juventus

Paul Pogba possibly to Real Madrid

Roque Santa Cruz returns to his native Paraguay and joins Olimpia Asuncion

Manager Unai Emery leaves Sevilla and is rumoured to take over at PSG