Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Which is the first book?i There is an offer on Amazon but has to be ordered in the next 24 hrs.

1) A Game Of Thrones

2) A Clash Of Kings

3) A Storm Of Swords (Part 1)

4) A Storm Of Swords (Part 2)

5) A Feast For Crows

6) A Dance With Dragons

I have to say...

I really, really hate Catelyn Stark, she is the single catalyst (sic) of almost everything that has been bad that has happened in the entire series. Being unable to let go of anything, be it a slight of honour or control of her children, it is basically her actions that see her husband dead, her children all in dire straits or dead, herself undead and even in undeath she can't seem to understand right from wrong and takes a bludgeon to justice where a scalpel is needed. Only Cersei comes close to matching her.

I have to say...

I really, really hate Catelyn Stark, she is the single catalyst (sic) of almost everything that has been bad that has happened in the entire series. Being unable to let go of anything, be it a slight of honour or control of her children, it is basically her actions that see her husband dead, her children all in dire straits or dead, herself undead and even in undeath she can't seem to understand right from wrong and takes a bludgeon to justice where a scalpel is needed. Only Cersei comes close to matching her.

I understand that she's frustrating and I felt very similar but her situation is dire. All she does she does for the love and protection of her children. She's 'The Mother' in human form. Whilst taking Tyrion captive fueled the Lannister-Stark fire, Ned's decisions killed Ned, not Cat.

She believes Bran and Rickon to be murdered at the hands of Theon, after telling Robb not to send him away (in her eyes another preventable tragedy). She's in constant fear for Robb's life while he's in the field and knows he's wanted dead by Joffrey. Her eldest daughter is captive of her enemies and is in mortal danger should any of Robb's bannermen (or anyone for that matter) lay a finger on Jaime. Her youngest daughter is lost and very possibly dead. Her father is dying/dead, her sister is suffering from mental issues. She has no friends and nobody to keep her strong.

She can and has been rash but she's also had to put up with a lot of shit.

Can't see the first book on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-Ice-Fire-Game-Thrones/dp/0007428545/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354473882&sr=8-2

Edited by Haydos

quote name='Haydos' timestamp='1354474053' post='2422568']

I understand that she's frustrating and I felt very similar but her situation is dire. All she does she does for the love and protection of her children. She's 'The Mother' in human form. Whilst taking Tyrion captive fueled the Lannister-Stark fire, Ned's decisions killed Ned, not Cat.

She believes Bran and Rickon to be murdered at the hands of Theon, after telling Robb not to send him away (in her eyes another preventable tragedy). She's in constant fear for Robb's life while he's in the field and knows he's wanted dead by Joffrey. Her eldest daughter is captive of her enemies and is in mortal danger should any of Robb's bannermen (or anyone for that matter) lay a finger on Jaime. Her youngest daughter is lost and very possibly dead. Her father is dying/dead, her sister is suffering from mental issues. She has no friends and nobody to keep her strong.

She can and has been rash but she's also had to put up with a lot of shit.

but can any of us forgive her for her hate of jon?

Ordered it but bit of bothere with my account details. It seems I have 2. One it didnt allow my postcode so I selected another email and had an account for that one too. Chose the special offer and the invoice showed postage 5.99 so went back and changed it. Total now £3.86. It says express but its 2-7 days. Done it on my other bank account so it wont come off my main spending. Put some birthday money in there last week so it will count as a present.

I don't think Brienne is dead. Been a while since I read it but didn't she cry something out at the end? I reckon she's bought herself some time and there's still more to come from her. Jaime better survive for a good while longer as well, he quickly became my favourite character.

As for Cat, her animosity towards Jon was understandable at first but after a while did become tedious. Get over it, Cat. Jeez, it's been 15 years.

Been a while since I read it so I might be off here but - She's not written off as a character, but there's nothing to suggest she's any more alive than Cat is there?

The sheer amount of spoiler tags on this thread is amusing.

Edited by act smiley

Hope its worth it. I am halfway through a book about the Myths and Legends behind Harry Potter, just started 11.23.63 by Stephen King and part way through two other Stephen Kiing's. Also making my way through Issasc Asimov's Foundation series.

I like books that much I never can finish one before I have to have another.

• 2 months later...

Meh, I did say I have yet to watch any of this and you could not even answer the question is it any good, doh! :P

Well I personally believe it is AMAZING!!! The TV shows were good... but then I read the books, which are even better!