Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Yea I agree, and I think a lot of non-readers must be pretty confused, obviously Roose and Stannis are on completely different sides though (but look similar), so needed to be a bit clearer who is who.

I am wondering this series if the whole thing is just too 'epic' to work properly on TV, or at least in 10 episodes/season.

It's getting quite difficult, I reckon each storyline is getting between 0-10 minutes a week lol

Edited by Manwell Pablo

If I was only watching the TV series, I wouldn't be liking Jaime any more than at the start... possibly less. Disappointing. I have to say I was wondering how they were going to do the introduction of Barristan Selmy and they completely copped out of even trying anything clever.

If I was only watching the TV series, I wouldn't be liking Jaime any more than at the start... possibly less. Disappointing. I have to say I was wondering how they were going to do the introduction of Barristan Selmy and they completely copped out of even trying anything clever.

Jamie should never have killed his cousin in the show. The bathtub scene is the start of his redemption though.

What the **** was that scene in Dragonstone? Selyse Baratheon had a load of fetuses in jam jars! I heard about Feng Shui but what the frig!

lol I was ridiculously confused at that. Keep meaning to read the books which will hopefully clear everything up a bit. So complicated.

Jamie should never have killed his cousin in the show. The bathtub scene is the start of his redemption though.

what was that all about, so out of character - he isn't a bad guy at all, just looks out for his family, so killing his family made zero sense

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is Margaery far more manipulative in the TV series, rather than being the pawn of her mother? Also Cersai is coming over as a bit of a wet drip, rather than the most devious, scheming person in the whole of Westeros.

Is it just me or is Margaery far more manipulative in the TV series, rather than being the pawn of her mother? Also Cersai is coming over as a bit of a wet drip, rather than the most devious, scheming person in the whole of Westeros.

Cercei is the worst schemer in the whole of Westeros :P

• 2 weeks later...

Cercei is the worst schemer in the whole of Westeros :P

By which do you mean she's really poor at scheming or that she's really evil?

It always gets me when someone is described as the "one of the worst serial-killers ever." Surely I qualify as one of the worst serial-killers ever, having never killed anyone in my life. :dunno:

Just purchased seasons 1-2, lets see what all the fuss is about!

First couple of episodes are a bit hard going if you've not read the books because you spend half the time trying to work out who everybody is. Stick with it though, well worth it.

Anyone else reading the books? I'm currently on A Clash of Kings, finding it really hard to get through them as I know most of the plot from the TV show and there's no... urgency to read them, when you already know the plot. I want to just plow on so I can get ahead of the show and I think I'll be a lot more keen to read then. 

I've read all the books, the first one about 10 years ago - so I was well pleased when HBO picked it up. HBO is the best company for producing these kind of grand tv series.

The only problem we got now is that author George R.R. Martin is the most busy man on the planet, writing end editing all sorts of novels and books along with being an avid American Football fan - so the tv-series might actually catch up with the books :-O

The series is not done yet, and I expect a couple more books before it is regarded as finished.

The greatest villain in there is of course "Littlefinger". My favourite is without doubt Tyrion. Ace actor, ace character. :)

First couple of episodes are a bit hard going if you've not read the books because you spend half the time trying to work out who everybody is. Stick with it though, well worth it.

Anyone else reading the books? I'm currently on A Clash of Kings, finding it really hard to get through them as I know most of the plot from the TV show and there's no... urgency to read them, when you already know the plot. I want to just plow on so I can get ahead of the show and I think I'll be a lot more keen to read then. 

It is tough I tried it with Lord of the Rings after the films came out and just didn't enjoy, my advice would be to stop watching the series until you catch up, and take your time with the books, don't rush through them as you will miss the subtlety and depth with in them and there is so much more going on in the books, you will notice Arya's story in particular is nothing like in season 2 of the TV series and Daenerys story is much more interesting and subtle, I didn't like what they did with her story in season 2, and there is a lot more of everything really much more politics and intrigue and character depth. 

I kind of see the tv series as an interesting aside to the universe created by the books, but it lacks so much depth I get a bit frustrated, and often have to explain things to my girlfriend as she doesn't always get exactly what happened, for example the Battle of Blackwater (which is so much better in the book) when Tyrion is attacked and nearly killed by one of the King's Guard, it is done so quickly and we had seen so little of the King's guard before that she completely missed that.

I've read all the books, the first one about 10 years ago - so I was well pleased when HBO picked it up. HBO is the best company for producing these kind of grand tv series.

The only problem we got now is that author George R.R. Martin is the most busy man on the planet, writing end editing all sorts of novels and books along with being an avid American Football fan - so the tv-series might actually catch up with the books :-O

The series is not done yet, and I expect a couple more books before it is regarded as finished.

The greatest villain in there is of course "Littlefinger". My favourite is without doubt Tyrion. Ace actor, ace character. :)

He is about halfway through book 6, which will probably be another 2 parter, and plans to wrap it up with a 7th book, I really hope that he isn't getting too distracted by the TV series because, as good as that is, it is vastly inferior to the books.

It is tough I tried it with Lord of the Rings after the films came out and just didn't enjoy, my advice would be to stop watching the series until you catch up, and take your time with the books, don't rush through them as you will miss the subtlety and depth with in them and there is so much more going on in the books, you will notice Arya's story in particular is nothing like in season 2 of the TV series and Daenerys story is much more interesting and subtle, I didn't like what they did with her story in season 2, and there is a lot more of everything really much more politics and intrigue and character depth. 

I kind of see the tv series as an interesting aside to the universe created by the books, but it lacks so much depth I get a bit frustrated, and often have to explain things to my girlfriend as she doesn't always get exactly what happened, for example the Battle of Blackwater (which is so much better in the book) when Tyrion is attacked and nearly killed by one of the King's Guard, it is done so quickly and we had seen so little of the King's guard before that she completely missed that.

He is about halfway through book 6, which will probably be another 2 parter, and plans to wrap it up with a 7th book, I really hope that he isn't getting too distracted by the TV series because, as good as that is, it is vastly inferior to the books.

all true.

I'll add that George R R Martin may well die before he finishes writing a 7th book.