Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Loved this episode.

Robb was fantastic in his early scene bollocking Edmure and really felt like a King.

The Blackfish was a badass.

Some very funny bits.

I like what they're doing with Theon and I think I know where they're going with it.

The final scene with Jaime and Brienne was brilliantly executed.

Bit disappointed Stannis is a being a horny, whiney manchild at the moment, completely out of character.

Completely agree with Stannis point, but where is Mel going?

Blackfish was done well, but Edmure was done even better IMO.

Wasn't fond of the Pod, Bronn and Tyrion scene, seemed like they were doing it to get some screen time for Fanny McTits.

Completely agree with Stannis point, but where is Mel going?

Blackfish was done well, but Edmure was done even better IMO.

Wasn't fond of the Pod, Bronn and Tyrion scene, seemed like they were doing it to get some screen time for Fanny McTits.

I reckon Mel's going to find Gendry as there's been no sign of Edric Storm so far. Also I hear Shireen (Stannis' daughter) has been cast but I've no idea what her story will be as you'd have no idea as a viewer that he has one.

I reckon Mel's going to find Gendry as there's been no sign of Edric Storm so far. Also I hear Shireen (Stannis' daughter) has been cast but I've no idea what her story will be as you'd have no idea as a viewer that he has one.

Surely that means that Edric will appear too? Unless I haven't read far enough, the friendship between the two is an important part of the Stannis plotline.

The ending was great but it keeps jumping around too much and you want more from it and then it cuts to something else.

The story flowed better for me in season one and two. Season three feels a little bitty at the mo.

It's going to get even bitty-er. This is the problem with tackling a series with this magnitude, there are so many characters and plot lines that it can be disruptive at times. I like it. It keeps it interesting for me and I'm always looking forward to when I see the next bit of a characters story.

It's going to get even bitty-er. This is the problem with tackling a series with this magnitude, there are so many characters and plot lines that it can be disruptive at times. I like it. It keeps it interesting for me and I'm always looking forward to when I see the next bit of a characters story.

I really need to read the books ahead of the series. I'm halfway through the second book and keeping up with the new characters is difficult. Decent eye candy mind. lol

must be impossible to know what is going on if you haven't read the books. They really need 20eps a season on this, then they could just focus on 2-3 characters per episode, might make it a lot easier to follow.

must be impossible to know what is going on if you haven't read the books. They really need 20eps a season on this, then they could just focus on 2-3 characters per episode, might make it a lot easier to follow.

I thought the same, after having read the books, well up to book 5 I bought season 1 on DVD I enjoyed it and lent it to my parents, I asked them afterwards if they had any problems following it as I thought it had skipped through a lot of the storyline, but they said no. They found season 2 a bit harder to keep track of, but that was more the number of characters and not the plot.

I think it is only having read the books you realise how much detail is skipped over in the TV series, but if you haven't read the books then you don't miss it.

I keep finding myself explaining how characters are related to each other, as it doesn't really seem to be emphasised at all in the TV series, people will mention so and so as a relative in passing and that will be it. I doubt many of the TV viewers realise Maester Aemon's relationship to Daenerys or that the commander of the Night's Watch is Jorah's estranged father or Gendry's indentity, unless they've REALLY been paying attention.

Having said that I'm constantly amazed at people who say that they have enjoy a TV program or film but when asked about it, can't remember a thing about it.

I keep finding myself explaining how characters are related to each other, as it doesn't really seem to be emphasised at all in the TV series, people will mention so and so as a relative in passing and that will be it. I doubt many of the TV viewers realise Maester Aemon's relationship to Daenerys or that the commander of the Night's Watch is Jorah's estranged father or Gendry's indentity, unless they've REALLY been paying attention.

Having said that I'm constantly amazed at people who say that they have enjoy a TV program or film but when asked about it, can't remember a thing about it.

This was one of my favourite scenes in season 1. Still get goosebumps watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uoHoGvSd_Q

People really aren't paying attention if they don't grasp the intensity of this scene and notice its relevance.

This was one of my favourite scenes in season 1. Still get goosebumps watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uoHoGvSd_Q

People really aren't paying attention if they don't grasp the intensity of this scene and notice its relevance.

But how can they understand the significance when they have no real understanding of the Targareyns and the Mad King and their legacy.

Also I'm sure that revelation comes much later in the books, like book 3 or something, but I could be wrong.

It is something that still gets me that they change the story to include things that are of little relevance at the expense of other more important scenes, Robb's romance was dealt with in one line in the book, but we get scene after scene of crappy love story (I'm just about finished on season 2) and it is out of sequence, in the book Catelyn's betrayal is much easier for Robb to forgive because of what has already happened, in the series it makes no sense.

I'm enjoying it less and less, I think the first season worked as it was a much more linear story with 1 main focus and lots of sub stories, but season 2 lacks that.

But how can they understand the significance when they have no real understanding of the Targareyns and the Mad King and their legacy.

Also I'm sure that revelation comes much later in the books, like book 3 or something, but I could be wrong.

It is something that still gets me that they change the story to include things that are of little relevance at the expense of other more important scenes, Robb's romance was dealt with in one line in the book, but we get scene after scene of crappy love story (I'm just about finished on season 2) and it is out of sequence, in the book Catelyn's betrayal is much easier for Robb to forgive because of what has already happened, in the series it makes no sense.

I'm enjoying it less and less, I think the first season worked as it was a much more linear story with 1 main focus and lots of sub stories, but season 2 lacks that.

Season 2 is weaker than 1 I agree, I wasn't a massive fan of it. After seeing the first 4 episodes of season 3 though I think it's back on track. There'll always be some fans that aren't satisfied and it is puzzling why they leave/change a few things but I'm hoping season 3 continues how it has begun.

Pretty sure it's book 3 too.

Are you talking about the fact that he's a Targaryan?

He tell's Jon in book one when word reaches the wall of Ned's capture at King's Landing and Jon starts contemplating desertion.

Maybe it is Sam he tells in book 3 or Jon tells Sam, but you are right it does come up in book 1 when he wants to go help Robb.

Absolutely love this programme but still don't have a clue who most peoples names are. Hopefully by series 18 I may have worked it all out. Last night's episode was fairly tame but hopefully it's laying the foundations for some humdingers soon.

To be fair to her, they do look kinda similar!!

Yea I agree, and I think a lot of non-readers must be pretty confused, obviously Roose and Stannis are on completely different sides though (but look similar), so needed to be a bit clearer who is who.

I am wondering this series if the whole thing is just too 'epic' to work properly on TV, or at least in 10 episodes/season.