Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Things you don't like that you should

As a response to RonnieTodger's thread 'Things you like that you shouldn't'.

Pizza - think i'm the only one

Adele - Brit awards littering her house, yet I can't stand her

Grand Theft Auto IV - Just an all round poor game.

1) Tomatos! I like them in Pizza, Bolognese sauce, chilli and whatnot but just not whole. Tomato in my burger bun? GET OUTTTTT! I just don't like raw tomato, I don't know if it's weird or I am...

2) Zoolander. Everyone I know seems to like it yet I find it horrendously unfunny, almost like it's taking the piss out of itself but it actually isn't so I don't know what to make of it...

3) Wine. All kinds. I'm 22 and I still don't even slightly like any kind of wine. I tasted a £600 bottle last year because a friend runs a wine pub but It was still only 'nice'. I'd have preferred a pint of beer to a glass of it. What's wrong with me?

Adele - Also like acooling. Just find her very irritating and after seeing an interview with her the other day, a bit of a gobby cow too.

Kasabian - I seem to be the only person in the world who finds them dreary, boring and just not a very exciting band in the slightest. (sorry Kasabian fans).

I will think of more I'm sure and when I do, I'll be back...

Adele

Radio 1- all this crap New music they play. Fearne Cotton does my head in with her flippin live lounges.

Beetlejuice or whatever that program is called.

Little to like about Radio 1 most of the time. Radio 2 though seems be confused about who it is aiming at and got old with its audience.

Re Adele I think you need to hear whole Albums a few times.

Little to like about Radio 1 most of the time. Radio 2 though seems be confused about who it is aiming at and got old with its audience.

Re Adele I think you need to hear whole Albums a few times.

Why? She's no different to Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Beverly Knight etc. She's a good singer but she's not exactly ground breaking. In 5 years time noone will remember who she was. (noone being an exaggeration)

Radio 2 plays a decent mix and popmaster is brilliant!

Adele - Also like acooling. Just find her very irritating and after seeing an interview with her the other day, a bit of a gobby cow too.

Kasabian - I seem to be the only person in the world who finds them dreary, boring and just not a very exciting band in the slightest. (sorry Kasabian fans).

I will think of more I'm sure and when I do, I'll be back...

You're not the only one mate.

I absolutely ****ing loathe Adele with a burning, raging passion but she doesn't belong in this thread because, quite frankly, I'd like to think we don't live in a world where you're obliged to like every bland, generic bit of pop music that comes along on an almost yearly basis.

My genuine entrant to this thread and I wish I liked the stuff, it'd make things so much easier, but I just don't:

WKNLIV05_p038_beerguide_8-l.jpg?400:400

Singers - Can't stand anyone who stands in front of a mic singing other peoples songs. Write your own

Boy/Girl bands - Pretty much the same reason as above and can't stand the constant cover versions except the Numan ones as they've actually been pretty good

Singing "Talent" shows - As above

Some tv sports - Golf, Horse Racing, Snooker. Love playing snooker and like watching other people play but can't stand it on tv.

Like playing golf and i like live horse racing but can't stand them on tv either.

Maccaroni Cheese - Love pasta, love cheese, i ought to love it but it makes me gag

Children. >_<

Oh, and I agree with Haydos re tomatoes - exactly the same.

Eggs (or, more specifically, fussiness about certain parts of eggs) - If they're fried I like the yolk but not the white. If they're hard-boiled I like the white but not the yolk. And if they're soft-boiled I like the yolk but not the white. :S

Cricket, golf, snooker, tennis on the radio although I can only watch snooker on TV. Not keen on the others.

I'm a bit fussy with eggs too. Not keen on runny eggs or soft boiled ones. I like scrambled and omelettes and fried eggs I like the yolk broken.

Baked beans Just have never liked them even on toast. I have eat them whena relative has forgotten and put them on my plate. I think it might be the sauce as I am not over keen on tinned spaggetti. Not keen on chilli beans yet I like choilli con carne. Add broad bens to the list too.

So that is one veggie option crossed off.

As a response to RonnieTodger's thread 'Things you like that you shouldn't'.

Pizza - think i'm the only one

Adele - Brit awards littering her house, yet I can't stand her

Grand Theft Auto IV - Just an all round poor game.

I think pizza's a strange choice. There's so many different toppings, and the quality varies so much. I'm sure there's at least one pizza out there for everyone.

I agree about Adele. Her music does nothing for me whatsoever.

GTA4 - Wow! I think it's almost perfect. Can you say why you don't like it?

1) Tomatos! I like them in Pizza, Bolognese sauce, chilli and whatnot but just not whole. Tomato in my burger bun? GET OUTTTTT! I just don't like raw tomato, I don't know if it's weird or I am...

2) Zoolander. Everyone I know seems to like it yet I find it horrendously unfunny, almost like it's taking the piss out of itself but it actually isn't so I don't know what to make of it...

3) Wine. All kinds. I'm 22 and I still don't even slightly like any kind of wine. I tasted a £600 bottle last year because a friend runs a wine pub but It was still only 'nice'. I'd have preferred a pint of beer to a glass of it. What's wrong with me?

1) Me too! Tomatoes are fine when cooked, but raw tomatoes still make me gag. I can eat raw tomato in burgers now, but on their own, I can't keep them down.

2) Spot on. It's rubbish.

3) I'm not a fan, either. As far as I can tell, there's no difference in taste between the cheapest and the more expensive.

Everyone seems to think Family Guy is good, inexplicably. Through my eyes, it's like someone's taken The Simpsons, and scribbled jokes about the disabled and a load of pop culture references from the 1980s all over it. Plagiarism without shame. Or anything funny! I would go on, but I'm getting depressed just thinking about that pathetic excuse for TV comedy.

I agree with the Tomatoes, Wine & Family Guy (although there is the odd episode I like).

As for Adele - why should you like her? Dull gobshit with bland as **** songs (although there's probably some irony in there given I like Kasabian).

Now then:

Idiot Abroad - Everyone else seems to find it funny, but I just don't get it. Pathetic drivel devoid of any humour. A description that also fits The Hangover.

Too many to mention, but here's a few

Lager & Wine - Makes going out, and going to the continent VERY difficult, and a sober experience

Seafood - If these creatures were on the land people wouldn't eat them. Insects of the sea.

Mushrooms - They taste like dirt. Once a meal has been tainted with them I am gipping.

Technically there's nowt wrong with the above items, just wish I could turn off my inbuilt disgust so I can be normal.

Children. >_<

Oh, and I agree with Haydos re tomatoes - exactly the same.

Eggs (or, more specifically, fussiness about certain parts of eggs) - If they're fried I like the yolk but not the white. If they're hard-boiled I like the white but not the yolk. And if they're soft-boiled I like the yolk but not the white. :S

You're in the perfect job! lol (Or was it the job that did it to you?)

Why didn't the OP put "black people"? :ph34r:

I can't really think of anything that I dislike that I wish that I did (Why be worried about disliking some music that everyone else seems to like for instance? (Adele, etc) They can all carry on living their mundane, boring, mediocrity-craving lives, I'm really not bothered about joining them.)

There's just one thing... well two... letters and parcels. (See above quote.)

Archived