Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Season Ticket Renewal and My Daughter

I know there is a lot of debate about season tickets currently, I have now decided to carry on for another season I think that 18 years and counting as a season ticket holder.

But I wondered what experience any of you guys had of taking small children to games, I was about 10 before my relatives started taking me in the old members stand, standing section at the front, my home was the white wall.

Sorry bit of topic there, anyway, my little girl turns 3 in september and she is a clever little thing and very grown up for her age, every saturday she asks if she can go with daddy to the football, now i guess she likes the idea of going out with her dad more than the concept of going and sitting down for 2 hours!! but can anyone offer any insight into wether or not I should invest £60 quid for a season ticket next to me in SK1, I know I could move to the family stand and get her in for free but none of the guys I go with have kids so can't see them moving.

Just wondered what ages people had started taking young ones down the city and how they found it.

Cheers

Im taking my daughter this year who will be 6. I will have a season ticket in L1 but will swap a few games to go with her to the family stand just to see how she goes with it, Maybe you can do the same? I'd hate her to fall into the Man U,Chelsea Liverpool trap at school.

I wouldn't get a season ticket for her, but take her to a few games, I am sure you could move your season ticket to the family stand for a game and take her there see how she gets on.

Or maybe take her to a pre-season match, or one of the early cup matches, 3 year olds can have a short attention span, and she may not enjoy it and want to leave, in which case you aren't going to have to leave in the middle of an important game.

i took my 2 daughters in the Kop for their 1st game against Walsall a few seasons back,felt a bit uncomfortable with the bad language even tho i swear like a nun with tourettes lol

I wouldn't get a season ticket for a child until they're 5/6. I just don't think they understand it all until that age and they can get very restless/start playing up etc.

By all means take her to a few games but a season ticket would perhaps be a bit much at the tender age of 3.

You can move your ticket on the games that you want to take her to the family stand for free as well as getting her in for nothing.

Saves yourself £60 too :thumbup:

Took son to his first game (at the Dell) when he was 3. He slept through most of it. I went to my first game at 3 as well, so it was probably family tradition. Personally, I wouldn't get her a season ticket, as I reckon she'll get bored (along with the rest of us!!) by mid season. Still, if it's only £60, who cares if she only goes to a handful of games?

Me and all my mates take our kids and go in N block in family stand. Kids range from 4- 16 . The older ones all sit/ stand at the back together.... So they can swear etc

But my daughter loves it ,nxt season will be her third season as a season tkt holder ( she's 7). In N block we get the noise from away fans and L1 so always something going on to keep her amused.

Plus now she loves football her mum gets relegated to upstairs to watch tv as we out vote her when there's a game on sky.....lol

My daughter is 2 and a half and I'm desperate to take her but to be honest that would be for my enjoyment rather than hers! I'll wait for a couple of years then properly ruin her life before the wife's family get there claws into her and make her a Celtic fan!

My kids, I have always started at around 3 to 4 with the odd game (usually when its warm). They have then had season tickets from around 6.

I did move from the L block to the back of the family stand next to the away supporters, which has helped with cost. I also got my brother and a couple of mates to come across and the atmosphere/banter is quite good there on many games.

My two boys have had season tickets from when they were about 6 or 7 (they are now 13 and 17), They had both been to games for a few years before that, mainly to the family night football. It got them interested and was really good value. The hungry/thirsty/bored/need a wee every 20 mins was the worst to get over though!

The hungry/thirsty/bored/need a wee every 20 mins was the worst to get over though!

You could have swapped with one of you kids so that you were the one on the seat next to the aisle - then they'd not have been bothered.

A season ticket?.... Isnt there some law against cruelty to children?

Seriously, depends on the child, most at 3 dont have the attention span to sit for 2 hours every week, id just get the occasional matchday ticket and brainwash her slowly.

I know there is a lot of debate about season tickets currently, I have now decided to carry on for another season I think that 18 years and counting as a season ticket holder.

But I wondered what experience any of you guys had of taking small children to games, I was about 10 before my relatives started taking me in the old members stand, standing section at the front, my home was the white wall.

Sorry bit of topic there, anyway, my little girl turns 3 in september and she is a clever little thing and very grown up for her age, every saturday she asks if she can go with daddy to the football, now i guess she likes the idea of going out with her dad more than the concept of going and sitting down for 2 hours!! but can anyone offer any insight into wether or not I should invest £60 quid for a season ticket next to me in SK1, I know I could move to the family stand and get her in for free but none of the guys I go with have kids so can't see them moving.

Just wondered what ages people had started taking young ones down the city and how they found it.

Cheers

season tickets are cheap for kids that age and it used to be possible to upgrade a ticket to adult on the day if needed. I took my kids from the ages of about 5 up - to be honest they get bored easily!

I've been for taking my son for 3 years as a season ticket holder in the family stand, he had he’s first one at the age of 5! For a start I use to take he’s DS and a few magazines in case he got bored, but in the last 2 years he has become City mad and just watches the games.

I have also took him to a number of away games over the last 2 years including Forest, Coventry, Barnsley and Doncaster to experience more singing and the buzz of an away day! He loves away days and knows loads of the songs and sings them all the time.

For me it’s a great experience to have with you child and creates a special bond.

Totally agree with Coolhandfox, me and my kids have going to see Leicester as something we do together.

Been taking my lads away games for years now, but started with short trips when they were young. They now love it, my 18 yr old now goes the further away games himself with his mates now.

My 11 yr old will always look at the away fixtures for new grounds he hasn't been. If you get them going when they are young they are hooked, true City fans for life.

Archived