Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jollie

Defensive Central Midfielder

We have consistantly struggled in midfield all season. We've been bullied off the ball by most teams. Any team that closed us down made our midfield panic. There often didn't seem to be a go-to man with the confidence to take the ball off his team mates, or someone to dominate when the other team tried to occupy the center of the field. Our central midlield is realtively small and weak, Wellens, King, Danns and Drinkwater are all a similar build and get knocked off the ball far too easily. Although it was fun having Bamba in that role occasionally at the end of the season I don't seriously see this as a long term option.

I think Pearson should be targetting a big, strong but mobile player who is willing to take responsibility, a classic defensive midfielder. This would complement our other central midfield players and stop us having loads of players all doing the same thing.

Just to clarify I'm taking about a Makelele, Dechamps, Dunga, Rijkaard kind of player.

Any ideas?

We need a right **** to play for us.

Someone who will get a booking every other game, put his neck on the line, run his socks off and get stuck in.

Tiatto was the last player that properly fit the bill. We havn't really had anyone similar although Danns looks similar.

Olifinjana would be a good call, Scharners on a free and would put a tackle or two in! N'Daw was on loan a Brum last season from St Etienne, he might be willing to return to the Champ...

We have consistantly struggled in midfield all season. We've been bullied off the ball by most teams. Any team that closed us down made our midfield panic. There often didn't seem to be a go-to man with the confidence to take the ball off his team mates, or someone to dominate when the other team tried to occupy the center of the field. Our central midlield is realtively small and weak, Wellens, King, Danns and Drinkwater are all a similar build and get knocked off the ball far too easily. Although it was fun having Bamba in that role occasionally at the end of the season I don't seriously see this as a long term option.

I think Pearson should be targetting a big, strong but mobile player who is willing to take responsibility, a classic defensive midfielder. This would complement our other central midfield players and stop us having loads of players all doing the same thing.

Just to clarify I'm taking about a Makelele, Dechamps, Dunga, Rijkaard kind of player.

Any ideas?

Makelele and Dechamps... Two of the smallest players you'd probably find on the pitch.

Makelele and Dechamps... Two of the smallest players you'd probably find on the pitch.

i was alluding to a style of play not necessarily their physique but i accept your point unequivocally!

I don't think they necessarily have to be a brick shithouse, they just need to be tenacious, i.e. a cvnt. Keane and Barton aren't very big at all, but that sort of player can be just as good as a Viera or an Olofinjana. Even someone like a midfield version of Dickov could do the job. Another player like Abe would do. Maybe someone a bit better, but he wasn't a bad defensive midfielder.

I do agree, though. This type of player should be high up on the shopping list.

I don't think they necessarily have to be a brick shithouse, they just need to be tenacious, i.e. a cvnt. Keane and Barton aren't very big at all, but that sort of player can be just as good as a Viera or an Olofinjana. Even someone like a midfield version of Dickov could do the job. Another player like Abe would do. Maybe someone a bit better, but he wasn't a bad defensive midfielder.

I do agree, though. This type of player should be high up on the shopping list.

This was the type of player Sven should have signed.

The opposition has romped through our midfield at will for most of the season.

It's hardly surprising that the defence have been so exposed.

The team sooooo misses a Lennon type player

I totally agree .but would go further than the midfield. I believe we need more metal in our play generally .at right back we are very week but a big shithouse forward Is a must to defend from the front . . to easily we Have lost the ball from good attacking positions this season

Jay Emmanuel Thomas would be perfect.

He's a big strong physical centre midfielder whos also technically good.

Plus he can play as a target man upfront so can fill that role when we need that type of game plan against certain teams

Jay Emmanuel Thomas would be perfect.

He's a big strong physical centre midfielder whos also technically good.

Plus he can play as a target man upfront so can fill that role when we need that type of game plan against certain teams

Said this at the start of the season...

I've been watching Jays career since he was a teenager... One of my workmates has links with Arsenal.

Good young, versatile player is Jay

Archived