Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

sent from my iphone

when ar you cuming rownd to hang my curtins baby tuna?

Sent from my ihpone

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Love how they release these on the same day.  Bit salty between the studios.

Watched the first season of both and imho House of The Dragon was far superior, really struggled to get through ROP

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Watched the first season of both and imho House of The Dragon was far superior, really struggled to get through ROP

Lets be honest, they were both a bit shit.

And the less said about their ugly, deformed sibling - The Wheel of Time - the better.

They're all so bad they kept the Witcher looking good all through it's drastic attempts at self sabotage.

I thought HotD was pretty damn good tbh.

Shame about Rings of Power - though they might have the excuse that the Tolkien estate pretty much hamstrung them by forbidding them from using almost all the source material, hence the going off-piste with almost all the characters and plotlines. An epic HBO/Amazon-made depiction of the First and Second ages that was book-accurate would have been awesome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I thought HotD was pretty damn good tbh.

Shame about Rings of Power - though they might have the excuse that the Tolkien estate pretty much hamstrung them by forbidding them from using almost all the source material, hence the going off-piste with almost all the characters and plotlines. An epic HBO/Amazon-made depiction of the First and Second ages that was book-accurate would have been awesome.

I thought most of the cast, who were largely excellent, did about as well as they could with pretty tired story. 

The plot itself was daft and the stupid dragon out of the basement moment at the climax was brain dead.

The whole thing was a pretty standard edition to the HBO GoT decline, get rid of all the substance and just rely on the sex and spectacle. Oh look, he's shagging his niece, that's story isn't it.

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought most of the cast, who were largely excellent, did about as well as they could with pretty tired story. 

The plot itself was daft and the stupid dragon out of the basement moment at the climax was brain dead.

The whole thing was a pretty standard edition to the HBO GoT decline, get rid of all the substance and just rely on the sex and spectacle. Oh look, he's shagging his niece, that's story isn't it.

Interestingly, I thought it did have a lot of substance and didn't rely solely on spectacle as the final bits of the original GoT did - I mean, how many big fights/deaths/dragon mauling events were there in the season?

Can see why someone would think otherwise, though.

29 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I thought it did have a lot of substance and didn't rely solely on spectacle as the final bits of the original GoT did

I think that says more about how GoT ended than HotD tbf lol

On 15/05/2024 at 09:38, Tommy Fresh said:

Just seen The Ones Who Live is going to be on Sky/Now, and they've picked up a couple of the other Walking Dead spin offs as well.

Just watched The ones who live on Firestick, started well and finished badly imho. 

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Makes you feel proud to be English watching this :englandsmile4wf:

The Final: Attack on Wembley (2024) - Netflix | Flixable

It’s why I watched our FA Cup win on tv. 

I’d been getting more anxious about going to Wembley all week just thinking about what happened at the Euros. Woke up paralysed with anxiety on the morning and couldn’t get out of bed. Brains, eh!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It’s why I watched our FA Cup win on tv. 

I’d been getting more anxious about going to Wembley all week just thinking about what happened at the Euros. Woke up paralysed with anxiety on the morning and couldn’t get out of bed. Brains, eh!

Our FA Cup win was before the Euros wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Our FA Cup win was before the Euros wasn't it?

Wow. There’s my head. I predicted the future. 

Well something triggered me, but it clearly wasn’t that! 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I watched this last night. Biggest take away was the police were a shambles, and it certainly painted football fans in an awful light.

Starting their shift at 3pm when there's 20,000 people been tanked up on Wembley Way since 11am was madness.

And then send them to Trafalgar Square instead FFS.

I felt sorry for the Stewards tbf. Must have been fvcking scary for them.

• Like 1

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "CRANSTON RG amc FILMS AUGUST AUGUST2024 2024"

The Netflix Updates  · 

Follow

WALTER WHITE RETURNS!!! August 2024
"HEISENBERG," brings the iconic Bryan Cranston, back to the screen in a pulse-pounding sequel that unfolds after the legendary finale of Breaking Bad. When an ambulance delivers Walter White to a fate seemingly sealed by cuffs and concrete, his most daring escape begins, unveiling two hours of unmatched brilliance and ingenuity. Coming to theaters in August 2024 from AMC Films, witness Walter White's final level, now more powerful and merciless than ever in a masterful game of survival and danger.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, davieG said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "CRANSTON RG amc FILMS AUGUST AUGUST2024 2024"

The Netflix Updates  · 

Follow

WALTER WHITE RETURNS!!! August 2024
"HEISENBERG," brings the iconic Bryan Cranston, back to the screen in a pulse-pounding sequel that unfolds after the legendary finale of Breaking Bad. When an ambulance delivers Walter White to a fate seemingly sealed by cuffs and concrete, his most daring escape begins, unveiling two hours of unmatched brilliance and ingenuity. Coming to theaters in August 2024 from AMC Films, witness Walter White's final level, now more powerful and merciless than ever in a masterful game of survival and danger.

Another fake mock up I assume. Seems to happen every year.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Starting their shift at 3pm when there's 20,000 people been tanked up on Wembley Way since 11am was madness.

And then send them to Trafalgar Square instead FFS.

I felt sorry for the Stewards tbf. Must have been fvcking scary for them.

I’ve not watched it but I was there.

was it mentioned that usually at big events UEFA puts a number of perimeters around the stadium but they didn’t here?

I heard stories of Stewards selling their lanyards and hi vis jackets to people wanting to get in, presume that wasn’t mentioned either?

I suspect it’s pretty one sided to be honest. That said, it was a bit of a shambles in some respects and the entirety of London was tanked up. I got the bus into Victoria at about 10am and people were already staggering around. Never seen anything like it lol 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, VLC86 said:

Victoria at about 10am and people were already staggering around

That's just the daily normal for the area around Victoria, sadly.

Edited by Parafox

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

That's just the daily normal for the area around Victoria, sadly.

Maybe, but I mean England fans pissed up 😂 knew we were in for a cracker at that point.