Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Only Murders In The Building - Disney +

Just finished season one and enjoyed it. Steve Martin and Martin Short are brilliant in it; Short's character especially was hilarious, next to Steve Martin's straight-man act. 

Steve Martin looks and acts a little different to how he did 40 years ago, I can't believe he's not in more stuff since his peak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I do wonder, if they seem so great at acting because it's another language and we have absolutely no idea what they are saying or how they are saying it. They could be as wooden as fook for all I know lol

Well no, because you can see their face and hear their delivery. It doesn't matter if the words are 100% correct. 

That's the main reason I scoff at people who prefer to watch dubbed versions. 

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Well no, because you can see their face and hear their delivery. It doesn't matter if the words are 100% correct. 

That's the main reason I scoff at people who prefer to watch dubbed versions. 

I might hear the delivery, but if I have no idea of the language, I have no idea of the nuances around the speed, pauses, etc. Or even how much subtitles distract from seeing some of the acting and said delivery, considering we're reading half the time. 

I watched Monarch and she didn't stand out particularly, for instance. And the people whose performances I'm not keen on in Shogun happen to be the ones speaking English all the time, coincidence?

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

I do wonder, if they seem so great at acting because it's another language and we have absolutely no idea what they are saying or how they are saying it. They could be as wooden as fook for all I know lol

The show is getting really good reviews in Japan. 

57 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Big Wolves fan is Clint, and he's a member of a private Wolves forum I'm part of. Sound bloke. 

I’m an absolute slut for his post PWEI work

On 05/04/2024 at 22:23, The Bear said:

Big Wolves fan is Clint, and he's a member of a private Wolves forum I'm part of. Sound bloke. 

I am curious,  why is there a private forum?  Is Wolves' version of Foxestalk more chaotic?

Edited by The Blur

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

I am curious,  why is there a private forum?  Is Wolves' version of Foxestalk more chaotic?

It's just a place that was setup after a few of them got fed up with a certain public forum back in the day. They made it invite only for the so called "good" posters. It was a bit clicky but now there's just a few people on there, one of whom has a good ITK contact within the club and he can post it safely on there. 

• Like 1

There’s a ridiculous amount to tv shows I want to watch atm. Wife reminded me to download some stuff for the flights - I could catch flights for a fortnight and still have episodes of stuff leftover. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone going to watch Fallout?

Started tonight , convinced the wife to watch with me over dinner but 30 mins in she made me turn it off for too much violence 🤣 I’ll resume , on my own over the weekend but it looked good to me 👍 slightly jaunty Sci Fi right up my street. 

• Like 3