Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 30/01/2024 at 16:54, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Band of Brothers did it too when one of the privates was ranting about how they didn’t need the British help and Winters came over and pulled him to the side and said ‘couldn’t agree more’.

Wern't they referring to Patton in that scene?

Quite enjoying Sexy Beast on Paramount+ - prequel to the film of the same name. Lots of psychopathic cockney gangster action, but so far it seems to be attempting to go a bit deeper than your usual psychopathic cockney gangster-based stuff. 

On 31/01/2024 at 20:38, Raj said:

ITV x catch up has the documentary of the tik tok "influencer" murder case of the bitches Maybeck Ansari(sp) and her whore mum who were convicted of murdering the mums lover and his mate on the A46.

Some bits of CCTV at Tesco Hamilton  and Porsche  garage.

Truely evil bitches who hopefully get fecked up good and proper in prison.

Watched this and to see the two of them on TikTok "performing" was really uncomfortable and weird.

The mother was probably more culpable than the daughter of inciting the events that led to the deaths of those guys in as much as it was her that was breaking the "code" of her religion and became scared of being found out and therefore risked being shunned by the community she lived in and wanted the potential blackmail threat removed.

The daughter seemed over-eager to protect her mother, though, saying she knew people who would sort it.

I doubt any of those that were guilty expected the tragic outcome but, at no point did any of those in the chasing cars say it was going too far.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Watched this and to see the two of them on TikTok "performing" was really uncomfortable and weird.

The mother was probably more culpable than the daughter of inciting the events that led to the deaths of those guys in as much as it was her that was breaking the "code" of her religion and became scared of being found out and therefore risked being shunned by the community she lived in and wanted the potential blackmail threat removed.

The daughter seemed over-eager to protect her mother, though, saying she knew people who would sort it.

I doubt any of those that were guilty expected the tragic outcome but, at no point did any of those in the chasing cars say it was going too far.

I'm afraid the entitled " influencer" daughter had thought she was special and would get away with anything using her inbred followers to help her scare the sh1t out of this lad and his mate.

She instigated it all and her mum went along with it. Like you say at no point did they back down and say that's enough. They saw the blazing car and never even rang 999 for help, even anonymously ( I know the link could later be made to the phone) but anyone with a 1% of remorse would have though " oh sh2t weve gone too far".

Hope they ALL rot in prison 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Late to the party but Love/Hate on itv is good, I’m half way through series 3 and it keeps getting better.

I suggested it to @Raj and said once you get past the low budget look of the first series, it does continuously keep improving and becomes a very good show. Watched it back a couple of times as well to be fair, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor who plays Nidge is good value alone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I suggested it to @Raj and said once you get past the low budget look of the first series, it does continuously keep improving and becomes a very good show. Watched it back a couple of times as well to be fair, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor who plays Nidge is good value alone.

Yep need to stick with it til series 3 then it really gets going 👍🏾

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You’re spot on with the budget look of the first series, at times it was like watching a cheap daytime soap visually until the violence! Nidge is great 👍🏻 

• Like 1

Trial 4, 8 part documentary on Netflix about the corruption in the Boston Police Department and one man’s battle to clear his name. I have watched a great many of these documentaries over the last few years, but this is possibly the best one I have seen.   Absolute  riveting and compelling watching.  His lawyer was brilliant. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Trial 4, 8 part documentary on Netflix about the corruption in the Boston Police Department and one man’s battle to clear his name. I have watched a great many of these documentaries over the last few years, but this is possibly the best one I have seen.   Absolute  riveting and compelling watching.  His lawyer was brilliant. 

American Nightmare is a new documentary on Netflix too. Again not showing the Police or FBI in a good light at all.

I'd heard of the case slightly but it was baffling how bad the authorities were with the exception of one female officer. 

22 minutes ago, Rain King said:

American Nightmare is a new documentary on Netflix too. Again not showing the Police or FBI in a good light at all.

I'd heard of the case slightly but it was baffling how bad the authorities were with the exception of one female officer. 

Yes I have watched that one too. It seems confirmation bias is systemic within the American Justice system. The police ‘find’ the evidence, which fits their perception of events and the DA’s office appear to happily go along with it. All they seem to care about is securing the conviction they want, doesn’t matter to them if logic dictates either wise.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Yes I have watched that one too. It seems confirmation bias is systemic within the American Justice system. The police ‘find’ the evidence, which fits their perception of events and the DA’s office appear to happily go along with it. All they seem to care about is securing the conviction they want, doesn’t matter to them if logic dictates either wise.  

And add that to a ridiculously zealous "plea bargain" system that encourages innocent people to take a smaller sentence and a criminal record on the off-chance that their lawyer doesn't do the greatest job of picking a jury and they get much longer...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Channel 4’ s To catch a copper. Wow. Just wow.   Amazing the nonsense that some people believe.

Elaborate? 

Heard about this but what you saying? The program  is fake?

Edited by Raj

2 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

No the programme is not a fake. It concerns Avon and Somerset police and it focusing on three appalling cases of police misconduct . Quite distressing to watch, as it shows police body cam footage for two of the incidents. 

Ah get it👍🏾

Yep we know from the Met police there are some absolute blends who some how have become coppers.

I've been told to watch this but been warned I'll be disgusted  by it.

I'm sure the authorities will have taken the appropriate  actions or will it be another case of lessons will be learnt bo11ox?!

17 hours ago, Raj said:

Ah get it👍🏾

Yep we know from the Met police there are some absolute blends who some how have become coppers.

I've been told to watch this but been warned I'll be disgusted  by it.

I'm sure the authorities will have taken the appropriate  actions or will it be another case of lessons will be learnt bo11ox?!

You really need to watch it, as hard as that may be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

You really need to watch it, as hard as that may be. 

I watched the first one last nigh mate, the one were the copper had sex with a drunk woman and the coppers who took the p1ss out of the suicidal woman and hancippaed woamn.

Disgusting behaviour- to think the first copper had 4 years on full pay on £46k a year and then got the Cops pension after makes my blood boil.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

I watched the first one last nigh mate, the one were the copper had sex with a drunk woman and the coppers who took the p1ss out of the suicidal woman and hancippaed woamn.

Disgusting behaviour- to think the first copper had 4 years on full pay on £46k a year and then got the Cops pension after makes my blood boil.

Thought those investigating it and discussing the process all came across really well though. Must be a massively frustrating job.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Raj said:

Yes and his gullible wife standing by him. Quite a win win for him.  Wonder how many times he’s got away with that crap in the past.  Feel sorry for the genuine coppers, the police’s PR rating must be at an all-time low. 

• Like 1