Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

54 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Being a US series I don't suppose they will touch on the subject of LMF Lack of Moral Fibre which was harshly dealt with in The RAF probably for understandable reasons. I'm completely in awe of men like Leonard Cheshire who completed 102 missions. 

I’m hoping they show the RAF in a better light at some point. So far, in typical American fashion, the British have been largely ignored.

Even BOB showed the Yanks as being the saviours during Market Garden and made the British Tank division look stupid in Holland. 

Fingers crossed we get to see some Lancasters at some point. 

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’m hoping they show the RAF in a better light at some point. So far, in typical American fashion, the British have been largely ignored.

Even BOB showed the Yanks as being the saviours during Market Garden and made the British Tank division look stupid in Holland. 

Fingers crossed we get to see some Lancasters at some point. 

It does grate that they can't pay tribute to their own forces while also having to have a pop at the British 

On 05/01/2024 at 10:28, Finnegan said:

Thought Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix would be a nice bit of stylistic light watching with decent art in a similar vein to Arcane. 

Was not ready for the Tarantino levels of violence or Game of Thrones levels of smut lol

Been entertaining. The creators are DEFINITELY fans of Kill Bill and Fistful of Dollars. Some of the action choreography is fantastic. 

Got the last episode to watch. I’ve loved it!

• Like 1

The BBC doc on the Columbia disaster is excellent. A very interesting exploration not only into the risks associated with space flight but also organizational dysfunction. I remember coming back from a Leicester match - Crystal Palace I think - and seeing the report on a TV in the pub.

Currently watching 

Master of the Air

New True Detective

The Bear

Gomorrah

All 4 are brilliant. Like in most aspects of life we are truly spoilt for TV these days. 

You wouldn't dream of having this level of programming available when I was growing up. 

Probably actually leads to indifference and taking things for granted. 

• Like 2

S4 of True Detective really isn't very good. I've really, really tried to enjoy it too but it's a mess. 

Pacing is all over the shop and it's fvcking bloated. So many contrived sub-plots. The ghoulies are terrible. Lacks interesting dialogue and suspects. There's no tension or that sense of existential dread that previous series' have done so well. There's quite a few plot holes and continuity errors given that the series is set over the course of a few days.

Genuinely could've skipped episodes 2, 3 and 4 and it wouldn't have made much difference. Jodie Foster is about the show's only saving grace. 

It's a shame as the setting is so incredible, but it's been totally wasted. It's like an X-Files knock off.

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

S4 of True Detective really isn't very good. I've really, really tried to enjoy it too but it's a mess. 

Pacing is all over the shop and it's fvcking bloated. So many contrived sub-plots. The ghoulies are terrible. Lacks interesting dialogue and suspects. There's no tension or that sense of existential dread that previous series' have done so well. There's quite a few plot holes and continuity errors given that the series is set over the course of a few days.

Genuinely could've skipped episodes 2, 3 and 4 and it wouldn't have made much difference. Jodie Foster is about the show's only saving grace. 

It's a shame as the setting is so incredible, but it's been totally wasted. It's like an X-Files knock off.

Think this is all fair. 

I think the setting and the couple of occasions on tension are what I've enjoyed. 

I'm really confused about The Bear and hoping someone can give me hope with it given it's, generally, universal acclaim.  Firstly, is it meant to be a comedy as I've not even smirked once in the first 6 episodes and don't even find the drama particularly tense (like a soft version of Boiling Point).  Given the rave reviews, I've been bored out my head watching it and wondering if it gets at all better or is it a case that's it's simply not my cup of tea?

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Me too.

Spends more time on here than his own teams' forum.

Most bizarre.

Maybe it's the association to the poster that's making it unbearable (pun intended...) 

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

I'm really confused about The Bear and hoping someone can give me hope with it given it's, generally, universal acclaim.  Firstly, is it meant to be a comedy as I've not even smirked once in the first 6 episodes and don't even find the drama particularly tense (like a soft version of Boiling Point).  Given the rave reviews, I've been bored out my head watching it and wondering if it gets at all better or is it a case that's it's simply not my cup of tea?

If it’s not clicked after 6 episodes doubt it will. The second season has a lot of character driven episodes focused on individual characters and I enjoyed it more than the first season but I really liked the first season so probably just isn’t your thing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

The Bear is brilliant TV and there is a reason its won awards. Obviously shows aren't for everyone to like or 'get' sometimes you like a show straight away sometimes it takes a few episodes or even seasons and sometimes you don't 'get it'.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Do you monitor my internet activity? 

Sadly I spend much more time on Wolves forums than on here. 

I'm only kidding fella.

And I dread to think what your internet activity includes :D

• Haha 1

Sunderland sorted themselves out behind the scenes and the documentary suffered for it (no surprise really). 3rd season not a patch on the first two, bar the end of the final episode, that was nicely done. 

10 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why ain't there a love island thread 😢😢😯😄

Because we are not sad individuals!!!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 2