Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 10/02/2024 at 09:54, leicsmac said:

Anyone who has read the James Clavell book, this will be a real treat.

For anyone else, think Game of Thrones in Sengoku-era Japan...only smarter.

Got 100% critical reviews so far on Rotten Tomatoes. :blink:

So glad they've seemingly gotten it right.

On 14/02/2024 at 09:25, Zear0 said:

I'm really confused about The Bear and hoping someone can give me hope with it given it's, generally, universal acclaim.  Firstly, is it meant to be a comedy as I've not even smirked once in the first 6 episodes and don't even find the drama particularly tense (like a soft version of Boiling Point).  Given the rave reviews, I've been bored out my head watching it and wondering if it gets at all better or is it a case that's it's simply not my cup of tea?

I found Bear fantastic. I just really enjoyed the dynamic, the writing, the pacing of it, the performances, the characters. I found all of it insanely compelling and I haven't worked in a kitchen since I was a kid.

I can't tell you why I like it, just that I do, and I was immediately very invested in everyone.

I'd agree with others, if it hasn't really gripped you by six episodes I'd just bin it off, I don't think it's going to.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 16:13, Finnegan said:

I found Bear fantastic. I just really enjoyed the dynamic, the writing, the pacing of it, the performances, the characters. I found all of it insanely compelling and I haven't worked in a kitchen since I was a kid.

I can't tell you why I like it, just that I do, and I was immediately very invested in everyone.

I'd agree with others, if it hasn't really gripped you by six episodes I'd just bin it off, I don't think it's going to.

I’ve never worked in a kitchen, but I enjoy cooking. I started Bear with mild interest and basically hoped all of them would die in a mid-air collision by the end of S1.

I couldn’t be less emotionally invested in anything about a chef. 

59 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Did it end on a cliff hanger? Half way through the first series and can’t be doing with it if I invest 10+ hours in to it just to be left hanging.

My sense at the end was that it could go either way.

If they left it 'as is' then a lot of stuff was sorted, but there's still also scope for a 3rd series if they wanted.

I loved both series and would encourage you to stick with it if you're enjoying it so far.

I really hope there's a S3 but it sounds like the actors are committed to other stuff so it seems unlikely.

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

My sense at the end was that it could go either way.

If they left it 'as is' then a lot of stuff was sorted, but there's still also scope for a 3rd series if they wanted.

I loved both series and would encourage you to stick with it if you're enjoying it so far.

I really hope there's a S3 but it sounds like the actors are committed to other stuff so it seems unlikely.

I had to read this with my fingers in my ears going "nahnahnahhna" so I didn't accidentally discover the outcome a bit like when the news reveal the footie results before Match Of The Day.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Did it end on a cliff hanger? Half way through the first series and can’t be doing with it if I invest 10+ hours in to it just to be left hanging.

As @Izzy has said definitely still stick with it. Agree also that it's not so much a cliff hanger ending but they've given themselves some routes to go down should a 3rd series ever happen.

I pushed Love/Hate on Raj a lot, not as good as Kin and takes some patience to get through the cheap looking first 1 or 2 series but after that it's another very good Irish gang drama, give it a go if you haven't already.

On 24/02/2024 at 11:58, Foxdiamond said:

Very and ridiculously late to True Detective Series 1. Possibly the best and most gripping tv I've ever seen from beginning to end

In exactly the same situation, just finished it in a week and wow, incredible.

Bit worried about the other seasons as I've read they're nowhere near this level though.

• Like 1

On 24/02/2024 at 10:12, Tommy Fresh said:

Apparently Kin has been binned by RTE, was rumoured a third series was already being filmed, but appears not

Cant believe that what a stupid call.

Its awesome

23 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

As @Izzy has said definitely still stick with it. Agree also that it's not so much a cliff hanger ending but they've given themselves some routes to go down should a 3rd series ever happen.

I pushed Love/Hate on Raj a lot, not as good as Kin and takes some patience to get through the cheap looking first 1 or 2 series but after that it's another very good Irish gang drama, give it a go if you haven't already.

Yep you have to persevere  with Love Hate for a couple of series but the later ones are ace.

We have just finishes series 2 of Kin, another one Tommy recommended I think and I have to say AGAIN how gripping it is.

It's up there with line of duty imho as you really take to the characters especially the dad Brennif a pure evil bastard.

Now what to watch Tommy???

I've only got terrestrial  tv being a tight git I am😁😁

9 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

In exactly the same situation, just finished it in a week and wow, incredible.

Bit worried about the other seasons as I've read they're nowhere near this level though.

Series 2 much better after a 2nd viewing series 3 I would give a miss .. very slow and not that interesting series 4 was better until the conclusion .. which did disappoint 

13 hours ago, Raj said:

Cant believe that what a stupid call.

Its awesome

Be money I suspect. Only way is if Sky or Netflix pair up with RTE. Charlie cox is filming Daredevil as well (Michael)

Was just coming on to say Series 2 Finale is probably one of the most complete TV drama finales I’ve watched. 

I’ve also wondered if there’s a bit of external pressure like with Narcos. The series is very obviously inspired by the Kinahan criminal gang 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1