Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

10 hours ago, David Hankey said:

The Bishop of St Albans states we shouldn't judge the despicable former CEO of the Post Office, Vennells, on the basis of a ITV documentary.He, obviously, has never been a sub-postmaster!!

Thank God, no pun intended, for Alan Bates who has fought long and hard and the team who produced the programme for highlighting this the greatest travesty of justice in British history.

Who do these "people of the cloth" think they are? They are so out of kilter with what most of the nation thinks.

People "of the cloth" can still be greedy and self serving.

They can also be abusers of children. They can be alcoholics, and fraudsters. And more.

Let's face it, Vennels would never have given her honour back if this series had never been aired.

The vast majority though, are God and community serving, generous, humble, kind, welcoming people.

Edited by Parafox

22 minutes ago, Parafox said:

People "of the cloth" can still be greedy and self serving.

They can also be abusers of children. They can be alcoholics, and fraudsters. And more.

Let's face it, Vennels would never have given her honour back if this series had never been aired.

The vast majority though, are God and community serving, generous, humble, kind, welcoming people.

I understand what you say and I appreciate they are fallible just like the rest of us.

Of course there are some like Vennells who give the air of piousness but in reality they are no better than anyone else as she has proved.

What is unforgiveable is that someone who has served God as she has done has never had a twinge of conscience until know.

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I understand what you say and I appreciate they are fallible just like the rest of us.

Of course there are some like Vennells who give the air of piousness but in reality they are no better than anyone else as she has proved.

What is unforgiveable is that someone who has served God as she has done has never had a twinge of conscience until know.

Absolutely and, as I said, Vennels would have kept her gong if this series had never shown her for what she is. Basically a liar. 

11 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Too soft? Would you rather they don't stick to guidelines and mess up any possible investigation.

Not sure if you have watched the episode in question but 1 officer in particular, a woman behind the desk, was way too overly friendly with the guy that had basically caused 2 guys to lose their lives.

When it came to the bail part giving it the 'if it was up to me I would bail you" bo***cks. The guy was scum, smirking and smiling whenever off camera as well and she tries to be all pally pally with him, made me feel sick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Not sure if you have watched the episode in question but 1 officer in particular, a woman behind the desk, was way too overly friendly with the guy that had basically caused 2 guys to lose their lives.

When it came to the bail part giving it the 'if it was up to me I would bail you" bo***cks. The guy was scum, smirking and smiling whenever off camera as well and she tries to be all pally pally with him, made me feel sick.

As the guy interviewing him said though, they'll struggle with no comment interviews at the best of times, trying to disarm them with being nice is probably one of the best ways to actually get anywhere. The police don't gain anything by aggravating it further do they. Not saying it's right but what do you expect them to do.

Also you're moaning about them but ultimately they've got the result and a very good one haven't they.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Not sure what the guidelines are however they wouldnt be treated like a mate. 

Did anyone really treat him like a mate? What do you want them to do? Rough him up a bit. I think you're definitely looking at the way it was handled too simplistcally.

38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did anyone really treat him like a mate? What do you want them to do? Rough him up a bit. I think you're definitely looking at the way it was handled too simplistcally.

In these days of PACE the softly softly approach is probably far more effective I would guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

As the guy interviewing him said though, they'll struggle with no comment interviews at the best of times, trying to disarm them with being nice is probably one of the best ways to actually get anywhere. The police don't gain anything by aggravating it further do they. Not saying it's right but what do you expect them to do.

Also you're moaning about them but ultimately they've got the result and a very good one haven't they.

No complaints about how the actual detectives treated him, especially the young lad who said what you put above, I thought he was class and they did a bang on job.

The PC with the pally bits at the very end when he was being charged though, completely unnecessary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I disagree with your view. However I think your viewpoint is too sympathetic with a murderer but hey. 

1 hour ago, FOXYTALK said:

I disagree with your view. However I think your viewpoint is too sympathetic with a murderer but hey. 

The Custody Officer I think you are referring to has a certain set of duties to perform which includes looking after the welfare of the suspect. Although we know the outcome in the case in question we should also keep in mind that the individual had not been found guilty when at the station and the Custody Officer is not investigating the crime.

• Like 3