Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Joseph Yobo?

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=2990

Fenerbahçe intent on making Yobo move permanent despite Leicester interest

2012-05-31 03:25:26

yobo.jpg

The Nigerian International has been on loan with the Istanbul giants for the past two seasons and cemented himself as a first team regular.

The Yellow Canaries are reported to have offered Premiership club, Everton FC €2 million to secure the services of Yobo. However, the Toffees are keen on negotiating a higher price in the region of €3 million.

The 31 year old centre back has settled into life in Turkey and recently told reporters in Istanbul, "I am very happy in Turkey and at Fenerbahçe as is my family.

"I feel at home here, hopefully an agreement will be reached and I can continue playing at the club," he said.

Yobo featured in 42 games last season and played an integral role in the Canaries finishing runners-up despite their turbulent year.

Fenerbahçe are also facing competition from Leicester City who have also been closely linked with the experienced defender.

Top quality international defender who has high wage demands, and would also be wanted by a host of (nevermind championship) decent european clubs.....yea, its a no brainer, of course he would come here. The high wages demands etc would immediately be a no-no for Pearson anyway

Merc

However, reports, also from Turkey, that City are trying to sign Nigerian international Joseph Yobo are not true.

The Turkish media linked City with a move for Yobo, who has been on loan at Fenerbahce for the last two seasons, from Everton, and stated that City had agreed a deal for a season-long loan.

However, the Mercury understands City have not approached Everton for Yobo.

I never buy in to this "we're massive" stuff and obviously this is a no-go, so it's all irrelevant. But a thirty year old Everton reject prone to borderline Titus Bramble moments is hardly some international superstar that's way beyond us.

Archived