Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glenny_fox

Konchesky missing fitness tests

Did anyone else see this tweet from Konchesky. I can't imagine Pearson being too pleased with this, if I was him I wouldn't give two sh1ts about his holidays, you don't miss the start of pre-season.

@konch3

Peeps! Already had holidays booked when testing dates were announced so couldn't change them! Nothing in it

I'm sure NP will have been told at the end of last season and would/could have insisted on a change if he wanted to.

Good on him if I booked a holiday and my work turned around a few weeks before and said I was then due to work a certain date I would not be cancelling it. Sometimes I think some fans forget footballers are real people too

Why does everyone serially overreact on here? As Davie said, NP would have been made aware of this ages ago and if there was a problem Konch would have been told then, also if he booked a holiday before these tests (which are earlier than the usual July pre season report back) were announced then there is even less reason to think the sky is falling.

It seems like it's just an initial fitness assesment, I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem if Konch and Kasper just did it when they got back. Seems like a good idea though - looks like they'll all be getting individual training programmes based on their fitness levels, very good news if this is the case, fitness seemed to be an issue last season, glad Pearson is addressing this.

NFP won't like that. He'll be gone next.

Pre-season hasn't started, what's the fuss.

There's a few not there.

Doesn't change the fact NP has to sell before he can buy & who'd want a couple of million + about a million more a year tied up in a left back when other positions are more key, like midfield & out wide... So he will be gone anyway along with Beckford.

Pre-season hasn't started, what's the fuss.

There's a few not there.

Doesn't change the fact NP has to sell before he can buy & who'd want a couple of million + about a million more a year tied up in a left back when other positions are more key, like midfield & out wide... So he will be gone anyway along with Beckford.

Far too sensible, CC; you'll have to try harder.

I know he is a family man, and is a human being, so he is entitled to a holiday. But the season finished weeks ago, he hasn't played since. He's had at least a month, and a few more days/weeks, to go on holiday.

:dunno:

Alan Young said Kaspers shit and we should buy another keeper.

Co-incidence??????

lol

"Alan, with the Dagger, in the study"

I know he is a family man, and is a human being, so he is entitled to a holiday. But the season finished weeks ago, he hasn't played since. He's had at least a month, and a few more days/weeks, to go on holiday.

lol

"Alan, with the Dagger, in the study"

Some parents don't like their kids missing school though

So what? He had an allotted amount of holiday and he was perfectly entitled to book a trip away at any time during that period, be it at the start or the end of the summer. It's not his fault his boss then organises a training session in the middle of his holiday - that's the management's problem, not the player's.

If you booked a holiday, paid it all up and you were just about to go away when your boss turned round and said 'hold up, I need you to cancel the holiday and come into work for a team building session, I know you'll lose your deposit and you can't take another one till next summer, but never mind' what would you say?

They might be footballers, they might get paid huge sums for kicking a ball around a field, but they're still human beings and they have rights the same as anyone else. If the club tried to discipline or fine Konchesky over this, he'd go to tribunal and they'd laugh LCFC out of there. Thankfully, NP is not an idiot and will not try to drag a player back from his holiday for a routine fitness test - think what it would do to the player's and the team's morale! They'd bloody hate him!

So what? He had an allotted amount of holiday and he was perfectly entitled to book a trip away at any time during that period, be it at the start or the end of the summer. It's not his fault his boss then organises a training session in the middle of his holiday - that's the management's problem, not the player's.

If you booked a holiday, paid it all up and you were just about to go away when your boss turned round and said 'hold up, I need you to cancel the holiday and come into work for a team building session, I know you'll lose your deposit and you can't take another one till next summer, but never mind' what would you say?

Well some of the other players have managed to get a holiday in already like. That's all. Don't want a massive debate. As I said, I forgot about the school side of things.

Also, I will never get paid as well as Paul Konchesky. You're right, it would be nightmare for me, but for someone on over 10k a week?

Archived