Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc jack lcfc

Will we miss bamba ?

I know its been a few days since bamba left and we all knew It was coming. But will we actually miss him? Personally I loved him to peices and was gutted when he left after the man city game I named my cat after him but now goes by the name of seany :L but I think we will cope without him before the African nations I would have said no way. But toasted the end of the season I felt like person was just trying to find space for him and it went wrong. Against Leeds personally I thought he was awful. So opinions pleaseeeeeee. SOL SOL BAMBA

Once thing Pearson always sorts out in the end no matter where he manages is the defence. So the fact he's willing to let Bamba go should tell you all you need to know.

Proof and pudding??? Half a season and january transfer, under Pearson, defence was just as shit!!

I'll miss two things about Bamba:

1. The song

2. At least he was a defender who tried to bring the ball out from defence rather than just being a hoof ball merchant.

Whether Pearson 'gets his defence right' will be based as much on whether he 'gets his team right' as anything else.

Proof and pudding??? Half a season and january transfer, under Pearson, defence was just as shit!!

The proof is that he did it here before and also at Hull.

He was playing with people he didn't sign except Morgan (and he was our best CB)... or did you forget that bit. Or did you expect him to replace the whole squad in January.

He was playing with people he didn't sign except Morgan (and he was our best CB)... or did you forget that bit. Or did you expect him to replace the whole squad in January.

Again, good point.

Lets not forget the last time he was here he brought in Hobbs, Morrison, Tunch and Brown, all of which played a part in us winning League 1 and getting to the Championship playoffs. He then did the same at Hull making them very difficult to beat

I'll miss the element of excitement that he brought to the team (anything but boredom!): his fantastic, telescoping legs making last-ditch tackles & propensity for sparking the crowd by going on a dribble/charge through midfield when the team/crowd need a lift.

I don't agree with Sol's critics, but I suspect they're right that he won't be missed particularly by the team. We have other players (e.g. Marshall, Nugent, maybe Vardy, James) who can provide a spark and entertainment - and I'm sure our defence will be better organised this season, even if it wasn't Sol's fault last year. I like Wes Morgan's calm reliability and am sure defensive organisation will be a priority for NP in close-season, whoever comes in or plays...hopefully alongside mental attitude, concentration, psychological strength, physical fitness etc.

I don't forget anything, this assumption that he will make things great in defence does not wash with me, like i say i await this new magnificient defence and then proof will be in the pudding

Guest MattP

Not at all.

Like Babylon said, the one thing Pearson sorts out everywhere he goes in the defence, he knows what he is doing.

Archived