Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Safestanding Roadshow Coming to Leicester

Ok its not set in concrete yet as the manager is away until the 26th so nothing can be confirmed til then.

But the dates pencilled in for 18th Aug from 11AM at the Counting House pub.

No different news for the ones who read the Derby thread, but hopefully this will get a bit more publicity.

Once confirmed we need MPs, Police and anyone influential to get down to have a look.

Peterborough fans will be told too as will the Mercury, and RL.

Start passing the word around and look for confirmation a week on Thursday.

Cheers!

Ok its not set in concrete yet as the manager is away until the 26th so nothing can be confirmed til then.

But the dates pencilled in for 18th Aug from 11AM at the Counting House pub.

No different news for the ones who read the Derby thread, but hopefully this will get a bit more publicity.

Once confirmed we need MPs, Police and anyone influential to get down to have a look.

Peterborough fans will be told too as will the Mercury, and RL.

Start passing the word around and look for confirmation a week on Thursday.

Cheers!

Facebook group?

Great work stu, glad you've been proactive about it and made the calls.

Now is the time for people to start getting their arse into gear if we ever want to enjoy safe standing. Negativity won't wash, we now have a viable method of standing on the table and at long last clubs are waking up to it. Villa know it makes sense as do Derby, Oxford and Peterborough.

With the right people in place on August 18th and pressure from us fans, Leicester City could be the next name on that growing list.

I intend to write to the Mayor again once the date is confirmed and sincerely hope everyone else who has been vociferous in their support of safe standing on here does their part. We'll never get standing by sitting and waiting for it to come back, we have to stand up and be counted. Ooh, I do love a bit of word play!

Tweet, e-mail and Facebook everyone you know. :thumbup:

please don't get butthurt on my account. it was said in jest. i will be attending. no need to get super cereal.

i assumed me giving you a +1 would convey that. evidently not. i will add a *only joking in future.

Great work stu, glad you've been proactive about it and made the calls.

Now is the time for people to start getting their arse into gear if we ever want to enjoy safe standing. Negativity won't wash, we now have a viable method of standing on the table and at long last clubs are waking up to it. Villa know it makes sense as do Derby, Oxford and Peterborough.

With the right people in place on August 18th and pressure from us fans, Leicester City could be the next name on that growing list.

I intend to write to the Mayor again once the date is confirmed and sincerely hope everyone else who has been vociferous in their support of safe standing on here does their part. We'll never get standing by sitting and waiting for it to come back, we have to stand up and be counted. Ooh, I do love a bit of word play!

Tweet, e-mail and Facebook everyone you know. :thumbup:

This is the point exactly. Even if fans dont want to stand at at game im sure theyll have been affected by other fans standing in their way during games. Those affected in this way need to show their support too.

Far too many people moaned (me for years) about being seated at games but never lifted a finger to try and change things. Once this is confirmed itll be down to them to make the effort to come down, have a look, sign the petition and have a pint.

Without people backing this, things will never change. Don't think, 'well I'm in favour of safestanding but I usually park the opposite side of the ground to the pub on matchdays, so wont bother' !

If the guy bringing the gear has any leaflets it would be good to hand them out at the pre-season games especially if you they can be over printed with the Date/Time/Venue.

Failing that is there anyone on here with a generous contact who could design and or print some.

Yes well done Stu, I will definitely be there and will do my level best to encourage anyone with any influence to be there also. I think the mayor is a must, he seems to be in favour of a safe alternative and has huge influence on the safety committee. I know someone who has easy access to him so will be bending their ear.

Again, please do!

We need anyone and everyone imvolved

Don't know if he'd be of any use now he's not mayor, but you could contact Ultra off here - the last lord mayor, his presence might help the push a bit.

I'll crack off an e-mail to Edward Garnier (Harborough MP) when I find a bit of spare time.

Guest MattP

Don't know if he'd be of any use now he's not mayor, but you could contact Ultra off here - the last lord mayor

Just make sure he brings a belt if he's doing any speaking.

Great work Stu, good effort, I'll be there to have a look on the day.

Yes well done Stu, I will definitely be there and will do my level best to encourage anyone with any influence to be there also. I think the mayor is a must, he seems to be in favour of a safe alternative and has huge influence on the safety committee. I know someone who has easy access to him so will be bending their ear.

I'll leave the mayor to yourself and Bilo then thanks.

Anyone fancy speaking to any media that turn up?

Bilo?! lol

If the guy bringing the gear has any leaflets it would be good to hand them out at the pre-season games especially if you they can be over printed with the Date/Time/Venue.

Failing that is there anyone on here with a generous contact who could design and or print some.

Great idea that. I'll ask one confirmed

Can the mods make this a sticky perhaps?

Archived