Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Harry Maguire

Saw him in the play-offs - Was extremely impressed, he was the only player up for the occasion. This is the sort of young, hungry player we should to be buying. He also seems to be very highly rated by the Blades fans. Come on Nigey, you know you want him.

I know a Blade's season ticket holder. He told me before Xmas that we were looking at him. He also mentioned recently that they are in a mess financially. Maybe worth a cheeky bid ?

start at 300k and schlupp on loan for a season?? 200k add ons for 50 games, and 500k for promotion within 2 years?? Way too much football manager me thinks.

You're biased :P

:D

I'm really not, I say when I rate one of their players.

Maguire is a very good player when he plays against teams that play the long ball or are more direct (most teams in League One), he is very good at winning the headers and being very dominant.

However, when teams play the ball on the floor he is ****ed as he is one of the slowest players EVER and because his first full season was in League One, obviously this weaknesses haven't shown as they would if his first season was in the Championship. We were also linked with him earlier in the summer (mainly because he's a massive Wednesdayite) and 80% of us really didn't want him.

Obviously you never know.. he could end up making the step up and proving a lot of people wrong but at the moment that's my opinion.

Surely their fans saw something in the lad to get young player and player of the year?

But then they are Sheffield United fans and as such are utter morons.

I think it says something that the 3 posters on here who have been watching League 1 football all last season have all said that he's not good enough.

Spoke to my sheffield utd mate this morning said he's a class act played every game last season but lacks pass which he said could stop him being a prem player at some point also said to get him probably need 1.75m only 19 and very highly rated

Archived