Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Harry Maguire

But then they are Sheffield United fans and as such are utter morons.

I think it says something that the 3 posters on here who have been watching League 1 football all last season have all said that he's not good enough.

So the three people who have seen him play a handful of times at most are more qualified to comment on him than people who see him all year. Gotcha.

But then they are Sheffield United fans and as such are utter morons.

I think it says something that the 3 posters on here who have been watching League 1 football all last season have all said that he's not good enough.

I have a Wednesday flatmate who rates the guy, his family are United and they can't say enough good about him. You've seen him, 3, 4 times?

A top lad and he is a massive Wednesday fan despite playing for the Blades. Up until last season he was still a season ticket holder despite being in their first team squad. He used to play for their academy on Saturday mornings and come to Hillsborough to watch Wednesday in the afternoons.

He's a lovely lad but he's not close to worth the figures that have been mentioned. He severely lacks pace and is far from the finished article. Nowhere near a Championship starter and that's coming from someone that really likes the lad. I'm afraid if you pay a million pounds plus you are being ripped off.

Paying £250,000 more than an Ivory Coast international with pace and the ability to pass, whose a bit erratic. Outrageous. It's a good job Nigel knows his centre halves because where's the pace?

NP seems to prefer solid no nonsense defenders very much in his playing style mould, he probably sees Maguire as a better prospect?

Paying £250,000 more than an Ivory Coast international with pace and the ability to pass, whose a bit erratic. Outrageous. It's a good job Nigel knows his centre halves because where's the pace?

I do see what you are saying about Pace... But you have to remember that our best ever defensive pairings ( in our life time) Between Walsh, Elliott and Taggart were completly devoid of pace. I have said this before but we came up against a Very good Arsenal side managed by George Graham who said at the time " Running into Leicester's defence is like running into a brick wall."

Although a lack of pace does unnerve me at times.. it CAN work. Positional sense, awareness, strength and the odd clipped ankle :whistle: make up for a lack of pace..

Not that im suggesting Walshy or Elliott ever clipped anyones ankle...

I do see what you are saying about Pace... But you have to remember that our best ever defensive pairings ( in our life time) Between Walsh, Elliott and Taggart were completly devoid of pace. I have said this before but we came up against a Very good Arsenal side managed by George Graham who said at the time " Running into Leicester's defence is like running into a brick wall."

Although a lack of pace does unnerve me at times.. it CAN work. Positional sense, awareness, strength and the odd clipped ankle :whistle: make up for a lack of pace..

Not that im suggesting Walshy or Elliott ever clipped anyones ankle...

I agree with this, pace isn't everything for a centre back. John terry has no pace but that means he's had to work even harder on other aspects of his game to more than make up for his lack of pace. Get him in and sign one

More CB

Archived