Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Burton player ratings

kasper 7 very little to do but 2 good saves to keep us ahead. worrying.

pelts 7 solid. good getting forward. maybe the last time we see him.

wes 7 unit.

ssl no rating went off early.

konch. 5 nothing to note really.

gally 6 1 good assist poor corners again.

dd 8 slow start but some good touches at times. most creative player

danns 4 for 1st half 7 for 2nd half. poor keeping for his goal tho.

jeffrey 8 well taken goal. threat from left back in 2nd half

beckford 5 missed a free header but did look keen.

waggy. 5 average.

moore. 6 ok penalty apart

lloyd 7 lively but we dont get ball out to him enough.

nugent 7 work horse as always looked to link up with vardy.

vardy 6. quick. lively some good touches. faded a bit

no comment on rdl or taft didnt see enough of them

Schmeichel - 7. No complaints from me.

Peltier - 8. Impressed me a lot tonight to be honest, his general positioning didn't seem to shoddy (or as exposed as normal) and he got forward and supported very well.

Morgan - 9. MOTM. Absolutely solid.

SSL - N/A

Konchesky - 7. Not bad, seemed a little reckless on the ball at times but very energetic as usual.

Gallagher - 6. Seen better from him but a lot worse too. Delivery still abominal from corners.

Danns - 7. Worked hard and closed down well but he's the worst passer in our midfield by some distance, scored a goal though so fair play.

Drinkwater - 7. Thought he had a better game than Danns but Danns gets level score for his goal, retained the ball far better than Danns did.

Schlupp - 7. Good performance from him tonight, good finish for his goal and generally looked busy. I agree with people who think he could play in a quick-passing team.

Beckford - 5. Meh. Poor I thought.

Waghorn - 5. See Beckford, nowhere near good enough and they didn't provide a threat at all between them.

Subs;

Moore - 7. Seemed pretty solid bar giving away a penalty (which I missed completely due to being in concourse), think he's probably got a future here which is good, it's about time we brought through more youngsters.

Dyer - 7. Impressed me tonight, great header for his goal and often seemed good on the ball, decent work rate too.

Vardy - 6. Didn't really do too much but there's definitely signs that he will do - looks a very busy player, a very energetic player who wants to make something happen, I like the look of him.

Nugent - 6. Similar to Vardy tonight in truth. I think those pair could be a very good partnership, he only gets a 6 for lack of really producing anything.

Can't remember any more subs but I swear I've missed someone.

Futacs' wife/girlfriend = 10, stunning

THIS is the 2012/13 topic i am looking forward to.

The rate the WAGS (preferably accompanied by pictures) from each game, i mean just where are we on the WAG ladder?

Please note, this is a (possibly lame) attempt at humour. :thumbup:

Sounds like Gallagher's set pieces are still poor. About time another player like Drinkwater took them.

Marshall. Danns' delivery is reasonable too.

Kasper 9

Solid, not a lot to do but IMO motm, nothing he could do about penalty.

Pelts 5.5

Didnt look that bothered, not great

Morgan 6.5

Nothing to write.home about, did his job but not a lot more

Moore 5.5

Gave away penalty, always seemed to be weaved Past

Konchesky 6.75

Looked knackered most of the time, would've liked to have seen Kennedy get some time

Gallagher 5.75

Couldn't cross for shit, good free kick in the first half, nearly in.

Drinkwater 7.5

Very solid midfield performance, used his speed well

Danns 7.5

Strong, built like a ton of bricks, scored a bit of a blinder

Schlupp 7.75

Scored a beauty, well crafted, was a great playmaker, did get turned a bit, speedy and suited the play well. Good support for up front.

Nugent 7

Pretty solid, attacking prowess was there, good setting up and vision

Vardy 8

Again, attacking prowess and vision, got in the right spots and has good pace

Dyer 7

Scored with his head, he scored with his heeeead, how shit must you be he scored with his head! :D not bad, got in all the right spots

Waghorn 4

Did bugger all, then got subbed.

Beckford 5.5

Looking fit, good to know he's staying, didn't perform at all however

Taft N/A

Nice to see him, clearly tall and strong, good prospect

St. Ledger N/A

Hope he's ok, looked a little chubby, but fingers crossed he's fit for the season.

Schmeichel - 7. No complaints from me.

Peltier - 8. Impressed me a lot tonight to be honest, his general positioning didn't seem to shoddy (or as exposed as normal) and he got forward and supported very well.

Morgan - 9. MOTM. Absolutely solid.

SSL - N/A

Konchesky - 7. Not bad, seemed a little reckless on the ball at times but very energetic as usual.

Gallagher - 6. Seen better from him but a lot worse too. Delivery still abominal from corners.

Danns - 7. Worked hard and closed down well but he's the worst passer in our midfield by some distance, scored a goal though so fair play.

Drinkwater - 7. Thought he had a better game than Danns but Danns gets level score for his goal, retained the ball far better than Danns did.

Schlupp - 7. Good performance from him tonight, good finish for his goal and generally looked busy. I agree with people who think he could play in a quick-passing team.

Beckford - 5. Meh. Poor I thought.

Waghorn - 5. See Beckford, nowhere near good enough and they didn't provide a threat at all between them.

Subs;

Moore - 7. Seemed pretty solid bar giving away a penalty (which I missed completely due to being in concourse), think he's probably got a future here which is good, it's about time we brought through more youngsters.

Dyer - 7. Impressed me tonight, great header for his goal and often seemed good on the ball, decent work rate too.

Vardy - 6. Didn't really do too much but there's definitely signs that he will do - looks a very busy player, a very energetic player who wants to make something happen, I like the look of him.

Nugent - 6. Similar to Vardy tonight in truth. I think those pair could be a very good partnership, he only gets a 6 for lack of really producing anything.

Can't remember any more subs but I swear I've missed someone.

peltier our best player? I must question if you have been to spec savers lately as I and others around me were commenting how poor he was last night. Constantly out of position, got skinned numourous times and most of there threatening attacks came from down his side with ease. Drinkwater was our standout performer especially in the 1st half where he ran the midfield, looked class may I even say Paul Scholes like (yes it was against Burton .) Morgan also was a absolute beast, easy to see why hes captain. From the rest of the players nobody really stood out or played badly, And for those saying look how much Beckfords trying, well he needed too after his donkey like touch let him down a couple of times meaning he would run back but instead of putting in a decent tackle just barge into the player and give away a foul.

Morgan 6.5

Nothing to write.home about, did his job but not a lot more

Konchesky 6.75

Looked knackered most of the time, would've liked to have seen Kennedy get some time

this is just wrong, Morgan played extremely well last night and we looked all over the place defensively when he went off.

peltier our best player? I must question if you have been to spec savers lately as I and others around me were commenting how poor he was last night. Constantly out of position, got skinned numourous times and most of there threatening attacks came from down his side with ease. Drinkwater was our standout performer especially in the 1st half where he ran the midfield, looked class may I even say Paul Scholes like (yes it was against Burton .) Morgan also was a absolute beast, easy to see why hes captain. From the rest of the players nobody really stood out or played badly, And for those saying look how much Beckfords trying, well he needed too after his donkey like touch let him down a couple of times meaning he would run back but instead of putting in a decent tackle just barge into the player and give away a foul.

I would have to agree with this Peltier was poor, he looked uninterested. Their best attacks came down his flank.

Morgan was solid. Schlupp's pace and movement were impressive. Nugent 100% and Vardy has so much pace he should be at the Olympics.

Yeah, I forgot about Marshall. He'd be my set piece taker way ahead of Gallagher (who wouldn't be near my team never mind set pieces).

Gallagher is good for direct free kicks (in his range), but anything else set piece, he is shocking! Marshall would be much better than him taking corners, much, much better! No wonder we never score from corners with him taking them all.

Tbf to gally he headed the ball once last night! He also picked up a decent assist from his cross to Lloyd so I don't think he was as bad as many make out. I also thought pelts was a bit poor, but he was up against a quick skilful winger. What let him down the most was when he was in an attacking position and hed just get tackled or give the ball away

Headed the ball once -managed to get safely out of the way on all the other occasions?

Every player should be capable of taking a decent deadball kick,Its planning and knowing the move thats important.

Im no rugby expert but they have all manner of set plays we should do the same-without picking up the ball of course.

Archived