Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Anthony Gerrard

Nigel builds brilliant defences, he has worked with Gerrard before. So yeah, I'd be happy with this.

He builds defences that only know how to play hoof ball! Defenders with no ability to adapt! I hope he don't sign all these players on long contracts because we ALL know that if the worst happens we will struggle to shift them, and also if we were to get promoted most would get walked over in the prem!

He builds defences that only know how to play hoof ball! Defenders with no ability to adapt!

Defences that concede fewer goals than almost all other sides in the division...?

Defences that concede fewer goals than almost all over sides in the division...?

Brilliant to watch isn't it....?

Hobbs springs to mind brilliant with Pearson absolute dog crap with out Pearson's style of play? And didn't he sign that Robbie Neilson? Brilliant he was wasn't he?....

Hobbs springs to mind brilliant with Pearson absolute dog crap with out Pearson's style of play? And didn't he sign that Robbie Neilson? Brilliant he was wasn't he?....

We finished 5th did we not?

Because Stoke's premier league survival year upon year, and their competition for a european spot is a result of 'good football'?

Because Stoke's premier league survival year upon year, and their competition for a european spot is a result of 'good football'?

Yeah lets get in the Premier and stay there, then worry about stylish football. Both would be lovely but the first more important.

If he didn't block some shots against West Ham at home, we would of got absolutely thrashed by about 4-1.

Strange to me you pinpoint that game, because Bamba and Morgan dealt pretty well with West Ham first half and we were all over the shop at the back when SSL came on. Yes he made blocks, but half of them were down to him being in the wrong place to start with and having to chuck himself about.

He is our best defender and is certainly not average.

Well I disagree because Morgan looked clearly the best defender after he signed. And wasn't SSL statistically our worst CB letting in more goals than the others, or being in all the worst partnerships anyway.

He was our most improved player at the back end of last season.

Is that because he get demoted to the bench instead of Morgan and Bamba a fair bit?

If it wasn't for him and Kasper we would of lost a lot more games especially at home.

See point one.

Well I disagree because Morgan looked clearly the best defender after he signed. And wasn't SSL statistically our worst CB letting in more goals than the others, or being in all the worst partnerships anyway.

Is that because he get demoted to the bench instead of Morgan and Bamba a fair bit?

See point one.

Ownage.

lol

See point one.

Just because St Ledger was statstically the worst, it doesn't mean conceding goals was all his fault. He played very well at home last season, not so much away but his home form was outstanding some will agree some will disagree but oh well.

St Ledger shouldn't of got dropped, despite conceding less goals the way Bamba played wasn't that special. Pearson was unfair on St Ledger, a couple of average away games then he gets dropped, bit like when he got appointed manager again and dropped Yuki Abe and Gelson Fernandes from midfield, when they were working well together and we looked pretty good, but he brings in King and Wellens and we looked shit.

St Ledger is a good blocker, some of his blocks were crucial, I do believe if it wasn't for some of his blocks last season we would of conceded way more goals than we did.

I would say at least 50% of the goals we conceded last season were because we had a very poor right-back in Peltier who couldn't tackle and got caught upfield too much leaving us very exposed down our right side meaning one of our center backs got drawn out to the right to cover him leaving the other one very exposed in the middle.

I don't think he will be fourth choice, if he does well he will stay in the team.

I'm pretty sure that when fit, Morgan and Whitbread will be the first choice partnership. Morgan is captain and Whitbread played well in the PL last season, so it seems like a no brainer to me.

Archived