Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Lincoln away cancelled

Having just got in from the Olympics, this surely can't be down to the amount of police in London? There's no more down there than when the Iikes of arsenal,chelsea, west ham are at home, the whole place is being ran by the army! And I must say its being done extremely well! They must of had a tip off like someone else mentioned and just bottled it.

You would be surprised. Somewhere in London will be a car park full of riot vans from around the UK literally sat there on standby incase something were to happen. To me its just pointless but hey ho.

No it was you having a dig at the police for doing their job and now you are backtracking furiously. What's wrong? You get a ticket for speeding in your chavved out corsa? If I'm clueless, youre doomed.

Nothing wrong with me little boy ! and I wasn't back tracking ! It's called a sense of humour but you need more than one brain celll to get it! I have a clean license and a car that you will have to spend most of your life saving up for. As far as having a dig at the police, along with everyone on here, I think the decision to cancel the game is a complete joke.

And you think I'm doomed, right !

Merc

Fears for public safety have forced today's Leicester City's friendly at Lincoln City to be called off.

Nigel Pearson's men were expected to take on the Football Conference side at Sincil Bank in the latest of their pre-season warm-up games.

However, Lincolnshire Police said, in a statement, that they had received intelligence information that the match may be disrupted by people travelling to Lincoln with the intention of causing serious disorder in the city.

The statement continued: "In close consultation with the club, we have reviewed the situation and looked at the potential consequences if the game goes ahead.

"It has been decided to cancel the match on the grounds of public safety."

Chief Inspector Kieran English said: "We understand that fans will be disappointed about the cancellation of this match but it is a friendly fixture rather than a league game and our primary concern is the safety and welfare of the general public.

"We have carefully assessed the plans and preparations we have in place for such events and have concluded, with regret, that the risk to the public is just too great.

"We are very grateful to Lincoln City Football Club for agreeing to cancel this fixture on the grounds of safety of their fans and the public of Lincoln."

A Leicester City spokesman said: "We are both surprised and saddened by this decision, but respect that it has been taken on the advice of Lincolnshire Police.

"We were not aware that the fixture was in any doubt until we received a telephone call from Lincoln City late on Friday afternoon.

"This late decision is clearly disappointing for all City supporters who had planned to make the trip, and also to the manager and his coaching staff for the disruption to the club's pre-season fixture programme.

"We will be ensuring that all City fans who purchased advance tickets will receive a full refund."

City will now turn their attention to fixtures at the start of next week and, after today's postponement, a number of senior players could be in line for outings as Pearson continues to get his charges up to full-match fitness.

City take on Loughborough Dynamo at Nanpantan Sports Ground in the County FA's Westerby Cup-Winners Cup final on Monday, 7.30pm kick-off.

Dynamo are the Westerby Challenge Cup holders after beating Hinckley United in the final in May. As well as silverware, the winning team gets to take on City, and a healthy crowd is expected. City have another outing 24 hours later when they travel to Nuneaton Town's Liberty Way ground, before their showpiece friendly with Martin O'Neill's Sunderland at the King Power Stadium a week today.

It's also worth noting that Grimsby v Hull went on about a week ago. Now if I'm not mistaken, Grimsby surely would have the same police force? Being in Lincolnshire?

That's surely more hazardous than Lincoln v Leicester.

The police numbers were increased by local zoo keepers however, who were on hand to stop any mauling that might go on.

Nothing wrong with me little boy ! and I wasn't back tracking ! It's called a sense of humour but you need more than one brain celll to get it! I have a clean license and a car that you will have to spend most of your life saving up for. As far as having a dig at the police, along with everyone on here, I think the decision to cancel the game is a complete joke.

And you think I'm doomed, right !

The only funny thing round here is you trying to pass it off as humour. It blatantly wasn't, nor was it funny. I would be surprised if you are even old enough to drive. Seem more like a 12 year old keyboard warrior to me. I think everyone now understands why the game was cancelled. Credible intelligence of violence by a group of idiot fans plus a lack of officers during the Olympics. It had to be called off. I'm not arguing with you anymore. You're not worth it.

The only funny thing round here is you trying to pass it off as humour. It blatantly wasn't, nor was it funny. I would be surprised if you are even old enough to drive. Seem more like a 12 year old keyboard warrior to me. I think everyone now understands why the game was cancelled. Credible intelligence of violence by a group of idiot fans plus a lack of public order officers during the Olympics. It had to be called off. I'm not arguing with you anymore. You're not worth it.

It didn't have to be called off at all. The Met Police are at the Olympics, not the lincs police.

It didn't have to be called off at all. The Met Police are at the Olympics, not the lincs police.

Most forces have sent officers to london including Lincs. The guys who normally police football matches are probably in the capital. Don't blame them. Blame the idiot fans who want to cause trouble.

Yeah, I know a fair few officers from Northants are down in London. Not enough to make any real dent in their numbers though...

Problem is only the select cops who have proper public disorder training can do footy matches. I would guess it is these that are covering London.

The only funny thing round here is you trying to pass it off as humour. It blatantly wasn't, nor was it funny. I would be surprised if you are even old enough to drive. Seem more like a 12 year old keyboard warrior to me. I think everyone now understands why the game was cancelled. Credible intelligence of violence by a group of idiot fans plus a lack of officers during the Olympics. It had to be called off. I'm not arguing with you anymore. You're not worth it.

Larry !

Your the one trying to argue the toss with everyone. Your the one saying I'm some sort of Chav simply because you don't agree , as far as me being 12 ! In old enough to know what real trouble looks like . I suppose the rest of this forum will get some relief when you go back to school .

So take ur head out of your bubble , cos your talking out of it . End .

Archived