Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Lincoln away cancelled

Are you gonna sit in some poxy office with a **** for a boss telling you what to do as you count your pennies trying to make ends meet in a country that's sinking into strikes and wars and at the end of the day you go home to your cosy little flat in 'nowheresville' and pull your IKEA curtains shut to hide from the big bad world and pretend it's not happening? Or are you gonna stand up and be counted, make a difference and feel the rush? Just for once say "**** it". I'm coiled up like a spring and I'm ready to burst and wanking ain't doing it anymore. I need violence to make me feel I'm still alive. I know what I'd rather do, mate. Lincoln away. Love it!

Ain't got a clue what you're saying chap but you blow your socks off- I'm staying at home!

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2870817,00.html

Leicester City have tonight (Friday) been informed by Lincoln City that Saturday's pre-season friendly at Sincil Bank has been cancelled on the advice of Lincolnshire Police.

A Club spokesman said: "Leicester City is both surprised and saddened by this decision, but respects that it has been taken on the advice of Lincolnshire Police.

"We were not aware that the fixture was in any doubt until we received a telephone call from Lincoln City late on Friday afternoon.

"This late decision is clearly disappointing for all City supporters who had planned to make the trip, and also to the manager and his coaching staff for the disruption to the Club's pre-season fixture programme.

"We will be ensuring that all City fans who purchased advance tickets will receive a full refund."

http://www.lcfc.com/...2870817,00.html

Leicester City have tonight (Friday) been informed by Lincoln City that Saturday's pre-season friendly at Sincil Bank has been cancelled on the advice of Lincolnshire Police.

A Club spokesman said: "Leicester City is both surprised and saddened by this decision, but respects that it has been taken on the advice of Lincolnshire Police.

"We were not aware that the fixture was in any doubt until we received a telephone call from Lincoln City late on Friday afternoon.

"This late decision is clearly disappointing for all City supporters who had planned to make the trip, and also to the manager and his coaching staff for the disruption to the Club's pre-season fixture programme.

"We will be ensuring that all City fans who purchased advance tickets will receive a full refund."

What do you mean advanced tickets?

I'm gutted, I live in Leeds and can only really afford to see the team when they're nearby. I know Lincoln isn't that near but the combo of cheap ticket and rail ticket meant I was seeing the team.

Oh also, those cheap train tickets? They're advance ones I bought earlier this evening so no refund.

I assumed the EDF were marching when I saw the announcement.

I've just forwarded my train ticket confirmation for the advance tickets I bought at 17.57 tonight...

Dear Sirs,

As you can see I bought train tickets this evening to see the Leicester match tomorrow.

I think it was reasonable to assume at that stage that the game was going ahead. Needless to say I am frustrated that it isn't mainly because I bought advance tickets which can't be refunded.

Pretty poor show really isn't it? Much as I am genuinely fascinated to know what the issue was I also know that the word 'intelligence' carries with it a presumption that it's too classifed to ever be revealed.

But what the hey - the Olympics are in town but so is a recession and I don't like giving away money to a train company which is why I think a refund is in order on account of your completely unacceptable notice.

Cheques are a bit old school but I think it's the best option so here are my details:

(my name and address is here)

Thanks

Siobhan

The answer will be a no but having just been conned by a guy on ebay for event tickets (did you know Paypal don't cover you for tickets bought on ebay?) I'm not letting this one go.

The answer will be a no but having just been conned by a guy on ebay for event tickets (did you know Paypal don't cover you for tickets bought on ebay?) I'm not letting this one go.

Pretty sure you can't sell event tickets on eBay, so why would you buy ones off there?

If you have already bought train tickets to Lincoln and they can't be refunded then I suggest you still go to Lincoln, okay there's no football match but there's still a few pubs to visit.

Lovely city as well, especially up near the cathedral and Lincoln Castle.

Believe it or not these tickets were ok to be re-sold (it was for the MFest) on ebay as logn as a profit wasn't made.

I hadn't thought of going anyway - never been to Lincoln before!

(I also didn't know Leicester were such high risk - a real shame for the majority of decent fans)

I live in Lincolnshire and its topical of the police. They will be too busy setting up speed traps for those going to the coast for the day.

Utter joke !

Oh get real. I doubt they can spare officers for speed traps, and if they can, they are doing their jobs. Maybe if the government didn't penny pinch, they would have more cops for stuff like football matches.

Archived