Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Charlton Athletic (a) Pre Match + Starting XI

What tactics do the Charlton fans on here think you will adopt? Will you come at us from the start and be looking for the 3 points?

Or will you be aware of our threat on the counter and play it tight and try and nick it by a goal, and if not take a draw?

I'm interested to see how you think you will approach it.

Definitely be wary and try and hit on the counter attack, to be honest we're not about all put attack at all, it will be a cautious approach from Powell

We'll definitely be wary i meant to say, also meant to say all out attack, stupid iPhone

Thought so, that's why I'm going for 1-1.

Kaspar

-

De Lad - Moore - Morgan - Konch

-

Drinky - Danns

King

Marshall -------------------- Dyer

-

Futacs

Very much doubt that Futacs will start at the expense of all three of Vardy, Beckford and Nugent. He's not even been on the bench yet.

Very much doubt that Futacs will start at the expense of all three of Vardy, Beckford and Nugent. He's not even been on the bench yet.

Its just what I'd

Put some physicality up front and use the pace on wings, counter attacks then change it in the second

All my opinion of course ;)

Its just what I'd

Put some physicality up front and use the pace on wings, counter attacks then change it in the second

All my opinion of course ;)

Does anyone know if Futacs is fit to play? Has he just been left off the bench so far out of choice?

Does anyone know if Futacs is fit to play? Has he just been left off the bench so far out of choice?

Had a muscle strain before the Sunderland game so wasn't risked on sat. Not thought to be serious so would expect to see him on the bench either tomorrow or sat

I'd put in Nugent for Beckford, I think this kind of game would suit Nugent more, I'd generally use Beckford against the weaker sides as he seems to be effective in them.

Other than that unchanged and I think we'll draw 1-1, Kermorgant the most nailed on scorer ever for them.

Kasper

De Laet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Marshall - Drinkwater - James - Knockaert

Vardy - Nugent

I think it's time to give Nugent his first start of the season. For me, he'd do a better job than Beckford tonight and would work better than Vardy. I'd also start Knockaert, he's clearly very confident with the ball at his feet, bordering on arrogant, and I don't see the harm in throwing him at the deep end tonight. We can use Dyer's pace later on in the game, if need be. Despite King's goal I'd start James ahead of him, he's building up a decent partnership with Danny in the middle of the park. If James isn't well enough to play then I'd stick Danns in instead.

We have enough to win this game, but I'd be happy with a point. Either 1-1 or a sneaky 2-1 win.

Dyer is ace away from home. He must start; leave Tony on the bench for now.

I'd bring in Danns for James and otherwise leave it unchanged.

Archived