Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Charlton Athletic (a) Pre Match + Starting XI

I certainly would, I don't think this will be a typical physical midfield battle, I think Charlton will sit back a bit and try to retain posession and frustrate us, before trying to hit us on the break. Johnnie Jackson and Matt Hollands will be the ones to watch in midfield for me - if we stifle them, we cut off the supply to their strikers. King is good in the tackle and quickly distributing the ball, Drinkwater has looked a class apart lately... I think if James doesn't start, King will be in the starting line-up.

Can't agree with you on this one Rich. This is their first home game of the season, back in the Championship, most probably played in a front of a full house with fans baying for blood and a manager who knows us inside out.

I'm sure they will be massively up for it from the first minute. We need strength and fight in the middle IMO. I wouldn't play King from the start in this one. I'm hoping Pearson has learnt from last seasons debacle against Millwall away.

Can't agree with you on this one Rich. This is their first home game of the season, back in the Championship, most probably played in a front of a full house with fans baying for blood and a manager who knows us inside out.

I'm sure they will be massively up for it from the first minute. We need strength and fight in the middle IMO. I wouldn't play King from the start in this one. I'm hoping Pearson has learnt from last seasons debacle against Millwall away.

Agree that they'll be massively up for it from the 1st minute but it won't be a full house and I can't ever see a Valley crowd baying for blood, not that type of ground.

Them coming at us will only help our game IMO, when we're at our best providing we don't get overrun

I think i've asked before but might as well again, will you be booing Kermogant?

Its one of those where you dont like to but if other fans are i will too. I know that sounds bad but this guy cost us the chance of premier league football trying a ridiculous chip. He embarrased leicester city and made us a laughing stock(at least at my work he did)

I think i've asked before but might as well again, will you be booing Kermogant?

No because he doesn't deserve it (well not too much) and I don't think firing up an opposition striker is necessarily a good thing.

Nobody has mentioned their defender Michael Morrison (rather slow I thought whilst with us?).

Let's hope he plays at right back, so Dyer can feel confident on that side. :)

MM was brilliant against Birmingham and appears to have improved greatly under CP since joining us.

He defo wont play right back as thats where Chris Solly plays, who was our fans and players player of the season last year. He's different class.

Hope you guys have a pleasant and safe journey to The Valley tomorrow night, but obviously leave with nothing.

With little addition to our sqaud over the summer, some of our supporters were really worried about the step-up in class and how our players were going to adapt. Well, i thought we completely outclassed Brum on saturday and were unlucky to not come away with all 3 points.

Our problem last season, and it was a fairly minor one after winning the league at a canter, was our inability to break teams down at home. Dont think thats something that will happen this season as most teams will come to Charlton looking for an away win, so expecting an open game of football.

You have a very good large squad, so i think the expectation from our fans is still on the cautious side. Defo see you as a top 6 side in the division.

I can see a 1-1 draw again and i would, along with most CAFC fans, take it.

You seem decent.

Hope you stay and Lamby goes.

Evening fellas, as our game fast approaches I just wanted to come on here and have a look at what you guys think the outcome will be. I'm interested/flattered that you guys don't think it will be a simple 3-0 victory like the b'ham fans did. We're not a bad team and really don't turn over easily. Our defence is what our whole team is built on, no surprise with Chrissy Powell as the manager. Our left back is very quick but that's really our only majorly pacey players.

Our midfield is what we thought would be our weak link before the season started but we dominated in that area at Birmingham. We seem to play better when teams come At us and attack which stopped happening last year as teams just came and parked the bus -_-.

Looking at your team it's obviously going to be a hard game for us, I would bite your hand off if you offered me a point right now!

Also in regards of pubs, the best place to drink would be the Antigalligan, at the bottom of the hill, that's where most away fans go. I doubt we'll see a packed valley due to being mid week, but hopefully there will be a good atmosphere. 1,600 away fans midweek is very respectable and I hope you have a safe journey and good trip, but not to good! Sorry about the essay but thought I could shed some light on our team!

This will be a good test for us and a draw would be a decent result. For me, at this time of the season, it's about how the team is developing. I saw signs on saturday of greater fitness, more togetherness and much more energy and pace. Where we are strong this year is our bench - we had King, Danns, Nugent and Knockaert on the bench on staurday, all capable of changing games.

Kermorgrant 2/1 to score anytime. Could ease the pain of him scoring lol.

I'd say its nailed on he's going to score.

I've got a ticket so you might see me there.

Will you have your hat on, and be carrying your guitar?.

Evening fellas, as our game fast approaches I just wanted to come on here and have a look at what you guys think the outcome will be. I'm interested/flattered that you guys don't think it will be a simple 3-0 victory like the b'ham fans did. We're not a bad team and really don't turn over easily. Our defence is what our whole team is built on, no surprise with Chrissy Powell as the manager. Our left back is very quick but that's really our only majorly pacey players.

Our midfield is what we thought would be our weak link before the season started but we dominated in that area at Birmingham. We seem to play better when teams come At us and attack which stopped happening last year as teams just came and parked the bus -_-.

Looking at your team it's obviously going to be a hard game for us, I would bite your hand off if you offered me a point right now!

Also in regards of pubs, the best place to drink would be the Antigalligan, at the bottom of the hill, that's where most away fans go. I doubt we'll see a packed valley due to being mid week, but hopefully there will be a good atmosphere. 1,600 away fans midweek is very respectable and I hope you have a safe journey and good trip, but not to good! Sorry about the essay but thought I could shed some light on our team!

When we came up from League One we did very well and have since watched both Norwich and Southampton claim back to back promotions so it would stupid of us to take you lightly. Considering this is your first home game back in the Championship, coupled with the confidence from promotion, I would expect to see a good performance from you.

I don't think we really know enough about our own team (let alone Charlton) to be expectant of a win but I do expect us to make you work very hard for any result.

I'm going for 1-1, but I think we are more than capable of winning. Just trying not to get too carried away after Saturdays result.

If we do win, then I might need to start thinking about upgrading my season end prediction from play offs to auto. Come on!

I actually feel Charlton coming at us will suit us, as stated in earlier post they are good at home will be fired up with players with a point to prove and a Manager we know love and respect. Just feel our pace and counter attacking will come more into play than Saturday. Would take a draw right now though but forecast 2-0 win.

Archived