Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BstarFox

Charlton Post-match

Then they are fools as the remaining half of the glass will contain air particles - unless there were a seal placed on the surface of the liquid which could remain in place while the entire glass was placed into a vacuum chamber. Even then, evacuating the half of the glass completely would be a very expensive procedure, and one which could only be done at certain sites due to the machine requirements.

I'll drink to that :beer:

Then they are fools as the remaining half of the glass will contain air particles - unless there were a seal placed on the surface of the liquid which could remain in place while the entire glass was placed into a vacuum chamber. Even then, evacuating the half of the glass completely would be a very expensive procedure, and one which could only be done at certain sites due to the machine requirements.

lol

I've just seen the highlights. Poor really. Nobody closed down Wright-Phillps, and I'm pretty sure Kasper could have got something on the shot, it's like he didn't dive to his maximum capability. The second goal was generally poor defending, as Pearson said.

They don't even show the best chance we had we Knockaert slotted Dyer clean through and he took too long to shoot and it got blocked.

Its the sanctimonious blind faith that touches a nerve and the belief that you can only support Leicester City if you toe the line and accept the shite it for what it is.

Of course it's blind faith, this is a religion, we have had the second coming, the false prophet, the messiah, Judas, David vs goliath etc.

In all of this you are doubting Thomas, just don't ask to see Pearson's holes.

Tonight's result confirms Blackpool as the only team with a 100% record.

After 2 games, only 1 team! That has got to be quite rare surely?

Anyway it puts our result into a bit of perspective, shows how hard teams find it to string a couple of results together in this league, not just us.

Pearson seems so defensive. He's so concerned about putting his foot in it that he rarely expands an answer and must be a nightmare to have to interview each week.

No-one's suggesting he should pillory players in public - overall they had the principal role in an excellent night's football that deserved about 9/10 for entertainment value.

I don't suppose journalists like having to interview him any more than he seems to like responding but he might at least understand that they're doing a job just like he is, respond with a bit more information and enthusiasm and show a bit more professioanlism in doing the public part of his job.

What might he have done? Well i'd have been emphasising how far we'd come on that show towards being the fast, positive, high-pressure side we'll need to be to win anything.

Some of our fast passing was real quality and the team showed signs of being a potentially exciting unit with lots of options and a lot more energy than has been apparent in the past.

I wasn't particularly suprprised by the result cos I think we kidded ourselves in pre-season by playing far too many meaningless games which never approached the tempo we were going to face in reality when the season started.

I wonder if our management prepared the team for the potential setback of going behind because we seemed stunned for a while - But for 65 minutes of a difficult away game we were the ones in charge and second half especially, they wre the ones desperately hanging on.

We need to remain philosophical after a setback, it happens lots of times even to top teams like Manchester City or United. We need to remain completely convinced of our ability and to wholeheartedly believe that our approach will bring its reward in time and with the benefit of the cohesion, understanding and unity the players will develop if they continue to fine-tune their focus.

The Charlton trip left me far more enthusiastic about the future than the Posh match because it demonstrated how close we are not just to being a damned good side but a side capable of scoring goals and winning matches anywhere at all - and with attitude.

And when I talk about focus I mean learning the glaring lessons that were offered to us at Charlton. Like the way they made every dead ball situation dangerous by delivering precision passes at pace into dangerous areas. We didn't come close to matching either their pace or accuracy with our deliveries.

They also managed to put a dangerman on the back post every time and so pose a constant threat, something we hardly ever do.

Add these threats to our own operation and we'll pose an even greater goal threat.

There's no question that Charlton sat back to defend their lead.

The point being Thrac that on Saturday people played down our decent performance second half because we scored first, saying boro had to change tactics and heads dropped etc. Yesterday our good play gets put down when the opposite happened and we were behind, the oppo again gets credited for being the cause of our good work because they are dropping off.

We get a lead and then play well, oh well that's down the the oppo.

We go behind and then play well, oh that's down to the oppo.

Just seems odd that people seemingly have to find an excuse for us playing alright, rather that it just being us doing some good work.

The point being Thrac that on Saturday people played down our decent performance second half because we scored first, saying boro had to change tactics and heads dropped etc. Yesterday our good play gets put down when the opposite happened and we were behind, the oppo again gets credited for being the cause of our good work because they are dropping off.

Just seems odd that people seemingly have to find an excuse for us playing alright, rather that it just being us doing some good work.

We went 2-0 down to the supposed 'aerial threat' of Kermo? And the pace of Wright-Phillips. Also, as many have claimed, to not being first to the second ball.

Stop making excuses... These were defensive/midfield lapses of concentration that have cost us the game.

Playing 'catch up' football is never good. And whatever turnaround happened in the 2nd half, we lost the game by conceding two soft goals.

As I said to you before ( conveniently overlooked), when's team goes behind such that they have to score goals to get back into a game, this puts pressure on the strikers and they often snatch at chances.

I would look far more closely at the reasons for conceding two soft goals than anything that came thereafter.

We went 2-0 down to the supposed 'aerial threat' of Kermo? And the pace of Wright-Phillips. Also, as many have claimed, to not being first to the second ball.

Stop making excuses... These were defensive/midfield lapses of concentration that have cost us the game.

Playing 'catch up' football is never good. And whatever turnaround happened in the 2nd half, we lost the game by conceding two soft goals.

As I said to you before ( conveniently overlooked), when's team goes behind such that they have to score goals to get back into a game, this puts pressure on the strikers and they often snatch at chances.

I would look far more closely at the reasons for conceding two soft goals than anything that came thereafter.

Have you bothered to watch the goals?

Eh..... what has that got to do with anything I just wrote? And where the feck did I make any excuse in any of it.

The post clearly (I thought) was about some people not being able to give much credit to our own players for any decent work, instead looking to excuse it with something the oppo has done.

So should you considering by the looks of it.

'Mopping up 2nd and 3rd balls'......

Hallelujah.....

The penny has hopefully finally dropped.

And it took King, in the second half, to do this because he took up a 'defensive position'...

I rest my case mi lud....

Wasn't it you who said that King was completely unsuited to this role and that you wouldn't play him in away games?

Wasn't it you who said that King was completely unsuited to this role and that you wouldn't play him in away games?

Absolutely right!

As someone else said, it wasn't until King came on and adopted a defensive position that we looked any better...

This isn't Andy King's best role!

If playing, King is the man that the ball-winner lays it off to, to spread it around.

It's a poor show if we couldn't control the midfield and pick up on scraps until we introduced King in the second half.

Have you bothered to watch the goals?

Yes of course, see above

Where was our midfield for their first goal?

http://imageshack.us...mdhrcjffao.mp4/

They were ambling back, but there really didn't look like there was a threat, the defence each had their man and BWP just pinged it into the corner, great finish, but should have been cut out by Moore, you can't let people shoot on the edge of the area.

Nowhere near Wright Phillips...

Wright Phillips the striker, was stood right next to Moore the defender who was supposed to be marking him. Are you suggesting we leave a CM on the edge of the 18 yard box at all times to man mark their striker?

Well, there were 1600-odd Leicester fans who saw enough "good" to cheer their team off the park and I was one of them. I hope Pearson told em how proud he was. I'm 100% convinced we set out to win that game from the start and we never let up apart from the the temporary hiccup when we were stunned by Charlton's goals.

They were always going to have chances - they're a properly organised and lively side with notable strengths that are difficult to counter. But we slugged it out with them from the off, we played some scintillating football and for all the disappointment of losing, showed we now have the character, pace and ability to be a genuine threat this season.

For me there'd always be things to work on even if we won 6-0 but I'll never criticise players for making mistakes in trying to do the right thing. Take shooting for instance. I'd hammer Dyer for not shooting and for passing the buck of responsibility to someone else. But I'll never hammer him, or anyone else, for having a go and missing.

The reason I like such players in the team is that they don't hide, they have a go. And if everyone has a go then - just like with top teams who claw themelves back from disappointments, they'll find themselves "lucky" more often than not.

It doesn't mean I'd ignore mistakes. I'd be out with Dyer today attending to his balance when shooting...trying to keep his body more still on the ball. But Dyer would still know I wouldn't want anyone else in his shirt - and that'd go for Nugent and Vardy too.

The thing about all strikers is that they miss sometimes. All that matters is how many they score...and we might so easily have scored four at Charlton and had even one of our better chances gone in we'd all have been praising a fabulous fight back and a great night out.

Well, I enjoyed it whatever. It's how i've wanted us to play for so long and even the bad result won't be altogether lost. Others will watch the video of that and know we're a team to be reckoned with which was only rarely the case last season.

They were ambling back, but there really didn't look like there was a threat, the defence each had their man and BWP just pinged it into the corner, great finish, but should have been cut out by Moore, you can't let people shoot on the edge of the area.

He had a free run to the edge of the area with only Becks making any attempt to stop him, how can you say there didn't look like there was a threat when someone is allowed that much freedom in the middle of the pitch?

That's nothing to do with poor management, tactics or formation just really poor individual/team play.

Well, there were 1600-odd Leicester fans who saw enough "good" to cheer their team off the park and I was one of them. I hope Pearson told em how proud he was. I'm 100% convinced we set out to win that game from the start and we never let up apart from the the temporary hiccup when we were stunned by Charlton's goals.

They were always going to have chances - they're a properly organised and lively side with notable strengths that are difficult to counter. But we slugged it out with them from the off, we played some scintillating football and for all the disappointment of losing, showed we now have the character, pace and ability to be a genuine threat this season.

For me there'd always be things to work on even if we won 6-0 but I'll never criticise players for making mistakes in trying to do the right thing. Take shooting for instance. I'd hammer Dyer for not shooting and for passing the buck of responsibility to someone else. But I'll never hammer him, or anyone else, for having a go and missing.

The reason I like such players in the team is that they don't hide, they have a go. And if everyone has a go then - just like with top teams who claw themelves back from disappointments, they'll find themselves "lucky" more often than not.

It doesn't mean I'd ignore mistakes. I'd be out with Dyer today attending to his balance when shooting...trying to keep his body more still on the ball. But Dyer would still know I wouldn't want anyone else in his shirt - and that'd go for Nugent and Vardy too.

The thing about all strikers is that they miss sometimes. All that matters is how many they score...and we might so easily have scored four at Charlton and had even one of our better chances gone in we'd all have been praising a fabulous fight back and a great night out.

Well, I enjoyed it whatever. It's how i've wanted us to play for so long and even the bad result won't be altogether lost. Others will watch the video of that and know we're a team to be reckoned with which was only rarely the case last season.

Thrac, I wasn't talking about you just to clarify. It was something I've seen several people say. You're posts have been very encouraging and nice to read!!

Wright Phillips the striker, was stood right next to Moore the defender who was supposed to be marking him. Are you suggesting we leave a CM on the edge of the 18 yard box at all times to man mark their striker?

No, I'm suggesting someone fills that gap...

Having such a big gap between defenders and 'ambling back' midfielders creates the hole for the striker to exploit.

If anyone had been there, they could have got a tackle in, or put WP off his stride.

Great finish yes, but he had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

I'm not simply focussing on this game or that goal. It's a problem with playing a flat 4-4-2 away from home.

As many have said, it wasn't until King came on and filled that space that we could stop them attacking and start playing the way we did.

He had a free run to the edge of the area with only Becks making any attempt to stop him, how can you say there didn't look like there was a threat when someone is allowed that much freedom in the middle of the pitch?

That's nothing to do with poor management, tactics or formation just really poor individual/team play.

Spot on DG... My only surprise is that only you and I appear to see that.

Our midfielders were too far forward. Too advanced. We need a player to drop back and fill that space, and be disciplined enough to stay there. Away from home anyway.

Absolutely right!

As someone else said, it wasn't until King came on and adopted a defensive position that we looked any better...

This isn't Andy King's best role!

If playing, King is the man that the ball-winner lays it off to, to spread it around.

It's a poor show if we couldn't control the midfield and pick up on scraps until we introduced King in the second half.

Yes of course, see above

Other people have probably expressed their dismay better but Moore was marking BWP and Morgan Yann. The ball came from our left flank (not through the middle), on the left was Jermaine Beckford who was covering for someone, someone who'd just failed to cross the ball, again (you can see Lloyd centre screen running back), in the middle were both midfielders. The goal was the fault of Moore, as was the second one but thats understandable as he's an inexperienced RB being asked to cover as LCB.

The game was great, we played well and if we continue play like that we'll have an enjoyable season.

No, I'm suggesting someone fills that gap...

Having such a big gap between defenders and 'ambling back' midfielders creates the hole for the striker to exploit.

If anyone had been there, they could have got a tackle in, or put WP off his stride.

Great finish yes, but he had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

I'm not simply focussing on this game or that goal. It's a problem with playing a flat 4-4-2 away from home.

As many have said, it wasn't until King came on and filled that space that we could stop them attacking and start playing the way we did.

That goal wasn't the result of playing 442 that was a missing midfield, whether it be 3, 4 or 5 defensive midfielder or not anyone there could have slowed him down, pushed him wide or tackled him.

It was lapse of concentration by the midfield, seemingly all getting dragged forward in their attempt to play attacking football and score.

Archived