Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Blackpool pre match

seriously how are people STILL picking Lloyd Dyer, he is not good enough

People slag Dyer off all the time, but our best performance this season so far was against Blackburn; he was a part of that and I see no reason to change the starting lineup from that game as we could and should have won it. I know people are tired of hearing about the 3 or 4 shots cleared off the line and the disallowed goal, but on another day we would have won that game comfortably.

I would like to see Konockaert introduced into the team gradually, but I think he needs a few more sub appearances first to get his fitness levels up. He was about dead on his feet towards the end of last night's game, he's clearly lacking a bit of fitness and his natural game - chases everything, does a lot of running - means that he absolutely runs himself into the ground every match. Make no mistake, he'll be starting games before long, but I don't see any reason to rush him in and risk him burning out too early.

People slag Dyer off all the time, but our best performance this season so far was against Blackburn; he was a part of that and I see no reason to change the starting lineup from that game as we could and should have won it. I know people are tired of hearing about the 3 or 4 shots cleared off the line and the disallowed goal, but on another day we would have won that game comfortably.

I would like to see Konockaert introduced into the team gradually, but I think he needs a few more sub appearances first to get his fitness levels up. He was about dead on his feet towards the end of last night's game, he's clearly lacking a bit of fitness and his natural game - chases everything, does a lot of running - means that he absolutely runs himself into the ground every match. Make no mistake, he'll be starting games before long, but I don't see any reason to rush him in and risk him burning out too early.

Apart from blistering pace Dyer offers little else attacking wise. He never plays a telling pass, rarely finds a player with his cross come shots and his finishing is on a par with Waghorn. If you compare this to what Knockaert offers, clever through balls, delicate dinks over the keeper, the ability to score from set pieces, then the decision of whom should start is a no brainer for me.

Apart from blistering pace Dyer offers little else attacking wise. He never plays a telling pass, rarely finds a player with his cross come shots and his finishing is on a par with Waghorn. If you compare this to what Knockaert offers, clever through balls, delicate dinks over the keeper, the ability to score from set pieces, then the decision of whom should start is a no brainer for me.

Did you not read my post? I said that Knockaert will start games sooner or later, once he's well and truly ready and fit enough for an extended run in the side. In the meantime, Dyer hasn't been spectacular but he hasn't been absolutely shit either, except for perhaps Charlton where he should have had a couple of goals. All I'm saying is that when Knockaert comes into the side and starts games, Pearson is going to want him to stay there - we need him as fit as possible, because chopping and changing the team around is the last thing we need.

Did you not read my post? I said that Knockaert will start games sooner or later, once he's well and truly ready and fit enough for an extended run in the side. In the meantime, Dyer hasn't been spectacular but he hasn't been absolutely shit either, except for perhaps Charlton where he should have had a couple of goals. All I'm saying is that when Knockaert comes into the side and starts games, Pearson is going to want him to stay there - we need him as fit as possible, because chopping and changing the team around is the last thing we need.

I did read your post and I think it's time Knockaert started as I think the quality of ball he puts into the box, along with Marshall, will result in more scoring opportunities - use Dyer as an impact sub.

Other than the Knockaert/Dyer debate, the other talking point is clearly the CB's.

Morgan will start and its who partners him. In the long run i think it will be Whitbread but not sure he's ready fitness wise. So maybe he'll go with Moore for this game but as long as its not SSL as i've never rated him!!

I did read your post and I think it's time Knockaert started as I think the quality of ball he puts into the box, along with Marshall, will result in more scoring opportunities - use Dyer as an impact sub.

What's the point though, if he's not at peak fitness and we have to rest him every other game? Once he's ready, yeah - start him every game as far as I'm concerned, but Pearson likes a settled first 11 - he said with Whitbread, once he comes into the team, he wants him to be fit enough to stay there. I presume he feels the same about Knockaert - let's not forget, Pearson's the one who signed him, he obviously rates the lad and he's obviosuly the long term successor to Lloyd Dyer, but Pearson obviously thinks he's not quite at his optimum level of fitness yet, although I think starting him last night was a very big step towards him claiming his place in the first team.

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

Knockaert - King - Drinkwater - Marshall

Vardy - Nugent

Subs: Logan, Whitbread, St.Ledger, Dyer, Danns, Beckford, Schlupp.

Konch has to pull his finger out on Saturday or Ince/Matt Phillips will tear him a new one. We will certainly score, I can guarantee it but whether we score more than Blackpool or not I don't know. We have a good record against them whilst Hollowhead has been in charge there so :fc:

And please Pearson, don't start Gallagher for his 'set-piece' expertise, Marshall and Knocky's deliveries are just as good.

We can do this, it'll be a hell of a task but Vardy seemed to find his footing at Blackburn.

Vardy to open the scoring toward the end of the first half. Knockaert to score early second half. Blackpool to get one goal back, and equalise at 85 minutes. Vardy to seal it for us 1 minute into 2nd half stoppage time.

Full-time: Leicester 3 - Blackpool 2.

You heard it here first! COYB INNIT!!

Blackpool are a team that need to be pressured constantly when in possession.

If we hound and bully them off the ball, don't let them play, take our chances and we will definitely get chances against them as most teams do, I can see us winning but It's a tough task hounding Blackpool for a full 90mins as a lot of teams found out last season and is probably why Blackpool score so many in the last 10mins of games.

Should be a cracking game, it could be high scoring also if both teams try and hit on the counter with pace.

Looking forward to it. I just hope we can finish the chances we get as we'll definitely get punished against one of the best footballing and free scoring sides in this division if we become sloppy.

Not looking forward to this and it's clear we have problems.

Blackpool look full of confidence and are playing well. A 6-0 win over Ipswich might not be as good as it appears at first, Ipswich are an outside bet for relegation in my view, but there's no prizes for guessing who will fancy this out of the two sides.

There again this is Leicester, anything from an angry 5-0 backlash to another insipid and embarrassing 3-0 defeat is possible.

One thing's for sure though, we need to start getting our arses into gear soon or we'll be playing catch up by the middle of September.

We really need a result on Saturday after 2 defeats. Now is not the time for easing players in, it's the time for picking a side who would be best suited to beating Blackpool.

If Knockaert is better than Dyer and is fit (I don't see why he wouldn't be fit unless he's picked up an injury we don't know about) he needs to start. Dyer can occassionally be effective but considering how rare that is I couldn't trust him to deliver the goods in such an important game.

Sure it will be unchanged from Blackburn, but would like Knockaert to start.

Even if it's just for 60mins, Lloyd can then come on if Knockaert's fitness still isn't 100%.

Have to agree, regardless of the Burton result which was a bit shambolic, really think we will put in a performance! The negativity is unfounded five games into the season, however having said that, another loss this Saturday and even I will start to wonder!

3-1 to us

Archived